Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

- Rockstar Games website, www.rockstargames.com/legal - Do you have the required rights to use material from the published games that goes under Rockstar Games?

We haven't applied, but regardless..

Do you think these guys have the permission of Activision? http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-shadow-company-f8512

Or een more relevant these guys have the permission of Rockstar games to transfer San Andreas files to GTA4? http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/gta-iv-san-andreas-f9880

BUT

If people have SUCH AN ISSUE then:

a) Don't play/download it.

b) Report us (I know someone will) but do you think R* games will really care?

c) Know that it is for non commercial usage.

d) We'll just re-release with a load of missing protos and just me and Rafael will play with a few mates.

Not arsed.

x

Guest MackseDK

b) Hmm, Yes. It was exactly i think they will. You export their models, textures and stuff to an other Non-Rockstar game. And taking all credits for it. And like earning money on it by donations. I really think they care.

We haven't applied, but regardless..

Do you think these guys have the permission of Activision? http://www.gta4-mods...w-company-f8512

Or een more relevant these guys have the permission of Rockstar games to transfer San Andreas files to GTA4? http://www.gta4-mods...n-andreas-f9880

BUT

If people have SUCH AN ISSUE then:

a) Don't play/download it.

b) Report us (I know someone will) but do you think R* games will really care?

c) Know that it is for non commercial usage.

d) We'll just re-release with a load of missing protos and just me and Rafael will play with a few mates.

Not arsed.

x

I'm not being hostile, to let you know, I am being critic towards you simply to assist you, at least I am constructive.

A) Alright, fair enough, that's up to the person who cares themselves if they want to play it or not.

B) Yes, I believe R* would care considering that you are not creditting them correctly, by letting us know that only the buildings are from R* (There's a lot in your mod beyond buildings that are known from GTA IV, in which we haven't heard.).

C) It's considered commercial when you have a donation section to "your work" which is made a lot by R*, it seems.

D) That would be up to yourself, as said, I'm not being an asshole or a hater, I'm simply helping out so you wont get a problem. If R* cares, they could sue you enough to make you never be able to afford internet again.

Guest MackseDK

We aren't hating, we are asking. And you don't wanna give us an answer, and that will only give us better reason to give Rockstar Games a cute little mail message.

a)

As i can see,it"s called DONATION and its not mandatory,and do you really think that they would make hundreds of dollars on donation? They will most likely get a few dollars and that will go on web page rent.

b) Rockstar is international company and i think that they really don't care if somebody used 3-4 of their texture for non commercial modification of game,and how do you now that rockstar is not credited? Have you seen mod yet? As i can remember its in beta yet and a lot of things are not done yet,and i think credits are one of them. And if Dyson refuses to get it off,do you think that they are going to sue him over little texture and spend a few months on court and pay their lawyers for it?

c) You attacked this mod like its from hell it self,and i don't now why its such a big problem, especially MackseDK ,if you don't like, don't play it!

'200 alarm'? Re-think your question..

Dyson, i know the top alarms made are 10 or something.. I was just making a joke... Does u or someone else could tell me how i can activate or call for the alarms or i just have to call the engines to the scene manually?

And do u release another patch on past days?

a)

As i can see,it"s called DONATION and its not mandatory,and do you really think that they would make hundreds of dollars on donation? They will most likely get a few dollars and that will go on web page rent.

b) Rockstar is international company and i think that they really don't care if somebody used 3-4 of their texture for non commercial modification of game,and how do you now that rockstar is not credited? Have you seen mod yet? As i can remember its in beta yet and a lot of things are not done yet,and i think credits are one of them. And if Dyson refuses to get it off,do you think that they are going to sue him over little texture and spend a few months on court and pay their lawyers for it?

c) You attacked this mod like its from hell it self,and i don't now why its such a big problem, especially MackseDK ,if you don't like, don't play it!

Exactly what I was about to say, the read me does credit everyone including R* games

a)

a) It's a donation, true, not mandatory, true, but it goes to the hard work making the mod -> R* aswell, since they seem to be a big part of it.

b) Considering it's not just 3-4, more likely 30-40 judging by the screenshots I have seen only. There's atleast 1 GTA IV items on each and every screenshot, this being parts of vehicle textures, buildings, personnel and so on.

c) I'm not attacking it, I'm coming with constructive critism other than "Hey guys, nice work! I'm one of a dozen buttlickers!". Why does everyone have a problem getting actual critics with a good argumentation? Pathetic, in my opinion.

I assume R* would sue for such a matter, considering it is very deep. It's a matter of the signal, if R* lets us know that we can use whatever we want without it actually gets a consequence, it would go madness. They would probably send a warning to get their items removed, then they would start to take action.

Again, you misunderstood me, I'm not attacking or being hostile, I'm coming with constructive critism to help Dyson and Rafael.

Dyson ignore that idiot, he's one of those people who thrives on attention. I'm sure if you ignore him he'll eventually move to another place to rant.

And now you seem to drive this personally. Every time there's someone who comes up with some negative feedback, the person will be instantly shot down, getting hit personally by insults directed towards the writer. Why is this? Is it a lack of intelligence causing this, lemon?

I think that there is no need for name calling, i"m sure that the criticism was meant to improve mod

What really annoyed me is this :

We aren't hating, we are asking. And you don't wanna give us an answer, and that will only give us better reason to give Rockstar Games a cute little mail message.

OK...you guys need to seriously calm down. Copyright laws ONLY protect the work that is being sold for money. Since this is a FREE mod and no revenue is being made off of the mod at all there for it is not in violation. Go ahead and report the mod. The only thing that will happen is Rockstar will simply laugh at your email and probably not give a damn but also on the flip side the only reason you guys know that there is stuff from Rockstar in here is because Raf and Dyson told everyone and they are getting the propper credit in the readme file. And even if Rockstar cares and they say we can't use their stuff then guess what...the mod probably wont go public and we have a good group of people playing the beta right now that honnestly it wont make a difference to me if you play or not. So...yea basicly this means we could care less what you haters think.

Everyone stops this arguement now.

That disclaimer is from rockstar directed to cover their asses so that if a company wants to make money, they can't use rockstar's stuff. The fact that this team took models, and made them work for another game, that they will not be charging for, rockstar wouldn't, or rather can't be bothered to care about.

And Shady, informing a mod that they cannot use their models because their from another game is not constructive criticism, or technically right. For the record, this is how to give constructive criticism. Instead of using that audio from that video, where you can hear multiple sirens, for the siren on that car, why don't you use this site: xyz.com and download the sirens and edit them in to make it work for your mod?

This is how to give constructive criticism.

And just to sumarize what I said earlier, thou shalt not continue arguing on this topic.

All Online Services material, including, but not limited to, text, data, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, links, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is owned, controlled by, licensed to, or used with permission by the Company and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights. The Online Services material is made available solely for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, without the express prior written consent of the Company in each instance. You may download material intentionally made available for downloading through the Online Services for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep intact any and all copyright and other proprietary notices that may appear on such materials.

©2006 Rockstar Games. All rights reserved.

- Rockstar Games website, www.rockstargames.com/legal - Do you have the required rights to use material from the published games that goes under Rockstar Games?

I bolded out the key words in that Copyright from Rockstar games....the key words there are (incase you are too stupid to read them) non-comercial use. Commerce means you are making money off of it and since this is a FREE mod there is no comercial revenue from this game being made therfore even if you did tell Rockstar games and they did care they wouldn't be able to didly squat because we are not selling the mod. End of story.

To sum it all up guys, Macke you are forbidden to download or write anything from this topic. "Were not hating.. " Im pretty sure you said this is the most sucking mod... Shaddylasse I understand you and your issues but that is not constructive criticism. That is trying to get us sued threatening to email rockstart even though it wont do shit. Honestly If I get more complaints about copyright I will close this topic permanantly. THAT IS FINAL! Im tired of coming here and seeing arguing. You have NO Idea the amount of effort and work we put into this mod. Its final no more arguing and back to topic!

Newfoundking says: I will close the topic actually.

Edited by Newfoundking

Guest MackseDK

1. I can say it as it is, i don't give a shit if i can download the mod or not. And yes i'm not hating, i'm telling people and inclusive you that its a sucker mod, because like 60% of it is stolen content from a company there got copyrights. And i think its a bad oppenion you got there, maybe you guys should start saying that you have done mistakes. Instead of begin telling people to shut up and tell them that they never getting their hands on the mod. Because if Rockstar Games getting to know this. I'm not sure if your or Dyson ever will be able to buy Internet aigan..

@HalfEatenCookie: Yep, non-commercial, yet it also say "modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted", meaning you're not allowed to copy the work and modify it for your own good. There's a donation section on their website directing to the hard work behind creating the mod, so fairly R* should have some money from those too.

To sum it all up guys, Macke you are forbidden to download or write anything from this topic. "Were not hating.. " Im pretty sure you said this is the most sucking mod... Shaddylasse I understand you and your issues but that is not constructive criticism. That is trying to get us sued threatening to email rockstart even though it wont do shit. Honestly If I get more complaints about copyright I will close this topic permanantly. THAT IS FINAL! Im tired of coming here and seeing arguing. You have NO Idea the amount of effort and work we put into this mod. Its final no more arguing and back to topic!

I marked a quote with a line underneath: You can't do that, unfortunately, you're not a moderator, even though this is your topic.

Marked with italic: Yep, that's true, I know it isn't constructive critics, however it's more constructive than most other shit said around here (no offense).

Marked with bold: Well, unfortunately all I can say is that, that would be your decision. When you use peoples work without mentioning their names out to the public, showing screenshots and videos of it, those accusations are actually quite relevant.

Seeing how Dyson or Raf didn't modify the content or sell it at all they are not violating the copyright laws and the other fact of the matter is do you REALLY think Rockstar is gonna sue two EM4 modder for using some buildings? Think again..it would cost thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer and go to court and take every dime they had...it would be one thing if Raf and Dyson were making MILLIONS of dollars off of this...but they aren't and Rockstar isn't loosing money either...soo..if you know anything about America and American law it would not hold up in court and Rockstar could give less of a damn.

I love how MakcesDK in one breath says hes not hating...then the next breath say the mod sucks. You are the definition of a hater. Lol I just laugh at people like you...soooo clueless.

1. I can say it as it is, i don't give a shit if i can download the mod or not. And yes i'm not hating, i'm telling people and inclusive you that its a sucker mod, because like 60% of it is stolen content from a company there got copyrights. And i think its a bad oppenion you got there, maybe you guys should start saying that you have done mistakes. Instead of begin telling people to shut up and tell them that they never getting their hands on the mod. Because if Rockstar Games getting to know this. I'm not sure if your or Dyson ever will be able to buy Internet aigan..

dont spit on something that you havent seen

And now,please stop arguing,when they release mod and you actually see it,then tell what is wrong and state your opinion,not before.

Hey guys, question about the mod before NFK may close this. When you call off map guys, will they all come from one side of the map like Fire comes from one side, EMS from another, Police from another or are they just random?