Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

@ L.Awest

why would you want to attach a wye directly to a hydrant?!

you need some kind of pump between hydrant and the wye which is mostly the engine's pump or a portable pump ;)

correct me if i'm wrong but there would just be a huge lack of pressure!

(null)

In 911 FR you can attach a hose to a hydrant and fight fire but realisticly that is not how things are done in real world. The only thing that should be connecting to a hydrant is a pumper or a tower that has a pump (quint) or a pipe that goes to the ladder to flow water. You should never connect a hose to a fire hydrant to fight a fire with because most hydrants do not produce enough pressure to fight water in my area at least. We commonly find ourselves boosting hydrant pressures with another pumper. But one of the townships we protect does have hydrants that produce a lot of pressure that you probably could fight fire with.

A good idea for the game maybe at a later date that I would like to see is Engines with limited tank capacity so that after a certain amount of gallons or minutes fighting a fire you run out of water or you can connect to a hydrant and you pretty much get unlimited water flow.

A feature that could be added onto that idea could be a FDC (Fire Department Connection) that is on the buildings that have standpipes (pretty much a pipe that can commonly be found in stairwells that gives you access to water inside the building. Commonly high rise packs are attached to these to fight fire off of) and pump water into the stand pipes to boost pressures to fight fire off of and add additional water supply to the system.

And one more idea that could be even added...Different diameter hose. That idea may be difficult to actually show in the game and actually may not be possible but its at least worth the idea. You could have different types of hoses such a 2 1/2" hose and 1 3/4". Maybe have the 1 3/4" hose could be used as the standard hose and puts out fire normally in the game. Then maybe have a 2 1/2" option that requires more than 1 firefighter to operate the hose and puts out a larger amount of fire at an accelerated rate but also limited mobility of the crew using it.. Obviously if you do my idea about limited water supply then the 2 1/2" hose also would use up the water supply faster than the 1 3/4" hose.

@ L.Awest

you need some kind of pump between hydrant and the wye which is mostly the engine's pump or a portable pump ;)

(null)

ahhhh my mistake i dont know much about that sort of stuff :( i just thought it would be a good idea :)

You would right about the pressure, most hydrants do not have enough pressure they are normally 60 psi to 40 psi depending on if they are gravity fed or if they are pump fed.

Also it's not just about the pressure but also the amount of volume you get out of the hose/hydrant. You might have all the pressure in the world to fight a fire but you need the volume of water to fight a fire.

//EDIT: How about a big portion of respect? If you don't like the idea....fine but you can still post this in another way and if you can do it better: DO

Edited by Stan
See post

Ok, first, try to make a mod like this.

second, probably is more realistic than the original game, so, Why did you buy original game? after all is also a sentence against realism.

And third, if this is not interesting for you get the*********** out of here instead of spamming *********** here, that nobody cares.

German mods are not interesting for me and I don't go spamming there.

so if you don't like it ******** go play to your german mods.

Edited by Stan
Please keep it nice even if others do not reply the way you would expect them top

Rescue 1 personnel will also be able to rapidly switch between No turnout gear/Turnout Gear/Diver/Hazmat along with being able to administer full ALS first aid along with all the usual equipment.

Squad 18 also still serves a key role even though it would seem it would be no match for the Rescue, the Squad can also spawn Hazmat personnel, but also more importantly controls the decon tent.

Therefore the two units, very similar in roles, have very different roles when it comes to Hazmat. Rescue company can be used to treat infected people and stabilize them, ready for the squad personnel to collect and decontaminate the people.

This should mean both units are still needed in game :)

Dyson

x

Two quick things I wanted to point out. 1) FDNY rescue companies support squad companies on haz-mat jobs, and the squads support the rescues on dive jobs, so really, the rescue company guys shouldn't have the haz-mat option. 2) no FDNY company outside of the ems division is running anything other than as cfrs, so the rescue companies wouldn't be doing ALS. Just wanted to point them out in case you weren't aware of this. The mod is amazing though, and I'm looking forward to when you guys fully complete it.

Ok, first, try to make a mod like this.

second, probably is more realistic than the original game, so, Why did you buy original game? after all is also a sentence against realism.

And third, if this is not interesting for you get the*********** out of here instead of spamming *********** here, that nobody cares.

German mods are not interesting for me and I don't go spamming there.

so if you don't like it ******** go play to your german mods.

couldnt of put it better myself ;) good work manhattan team looks great no wait it looks amazeing i think i speek on behalf of everyone on this topic but i realy cant wait to play :) x

Edited by Stan
Changed quotes text

When will the release of this mod be..............?

I kid, I kid! Like what I see sofar, HUGE difference from the submod from way back when! Keep up the good work. :happy:

//EDIT By Stan: PLEASE respect the work of modders, when they can give an estimated time of release they will....no need to kick after them and ask each time. Thank you

Edited by Stan
When it is done....how about a good portion of waiting?

@ L.Awest

(null)

In Colorado we attach a gated wye to a hydrants. We do this because the hydrants and limited and the have the water supply to accommodate 2 engines if needed(this is hardly ever actually used) A engine can really boost the pressure. we also use 3in supply line not LDH also. There are some areas we can use LDH though.

When will the release of this mod be..............?

I kid, I kid! Like what I see sofar, HUGE difference from the submod from way back when! Keep up the good work. :happy:

Come down it will be out soon wait

Edited by Stan
Report next time please

Enging 321, I think They knew it was to be released soon, The "i kid, i kid" points towards that.

Interesting Vids posted a few pages back, Real insight into how things are done in NY.

Mods looking very impressive, especially the MP vids, Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Come down it will be out soon wait

I was joking dude, hence the "I kid, I kid!" why don't you actually read the post you try to be forum police on and calm the hell down yourself, because on pretty much every page you are trying to be forum police to someone and you're not an admin or anywhere close and from what I see nobody can stand you... :laugh:

anyways like I said before, keep up the good work Manhattan Mod Team, you guys have came a long way since the Submod, it looks amazing and I really like the new map!

I was joking dude, hence the "I kid, I kid!" why don't you actually read the post you try to be forum police on and calm the hell down yourself, because on pretty much every page you are trying to be forum police to someone and you're not an admin or anywhere close and from what I see nobody can stand you... :laugh:

anyways like I said before, keep up the good work Manhattan Mod Team, you guys have came a long way since the Submod, it looks amazing and I really like the new map!

Pretty much what I was going to say...That guy needs to chill...He doesn't take the time to read entire posts...I posted a video and specifically stated that I knew Rescue 2 was from Brooklyn but I posted a video about it anyways and he started trying to correct something I already knew.

Hi guys. First and foremost the various videos and pics of this mod are awesome and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

One question though, and if I'm already covering a topic discussed or I'm on the wrong page to ask this I apologize.

My version of the base game is a digital copy I downloaded off of amazon. Will the mod be compatible with digital copies or will I need to get a disc copy of the game?

Again the mod looks great and can't wait until the finish product comes out.

Hi guys. First and foremost the various videos and pics of this mod are awesome and I'm really looking forward to playing it.

One question though, and if I'm already covering a topic discussed or I'm on the wrong page to ask this I apologize.

My version of the base game is a digital copy I downloaded off of amazon. Will the mod be compatible with digital copies or will I need to get a disc copy of the game?

Again the mod looks great and can't wait until the finish product comes out.

any copy of the game that is legal, such as a copy from amazon will have the em4 mod installer. That's all you need to install any mod, so in short, yes, the mod will work with your version of the game.