Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Seriously guys, dont try to knock on the Release Date that is said in the first post. Dyson is actually giving you some heads up from time to time!

Think about it: We need to do alot of lights, thats what he said before.

Tells you: Alot of work. Will take time.

I got engine 1 ready and started working on rescue 1 today!

As soon as I got some ready Dyson can give you a preview ;)

greetz

And they are very good! ;D Hopefully will be able to showcase Ten house when it's done, fully lighted ;D

I apologize if this has been asked, I'm too lazy to trawl through 200 some pages...

How are the off map reserve units going to be dispatched? Will it be through the purchase menu or battalion commands?

Hmm, interesting question, atm they are from the menu, I'd change that, but I prefer having the ability to summon them without having the Batt chief on scene. I think they're less 'reserve' units and more just off map units as they are called upon at the same time as on map units rather than just as back up, but that's just me :)

Thanks for the info.

I was just trying to figure out if you had them scripted, how you were doing it. Personally, I've been trying to figure out how to do it for a few months for my own work and can't figure out how to do it successfully. Love the work, the team has done a great job.

Thanks man, I will look into it, but Rafael is the guy for scripts ;) But yeah I agree, so pleased with the team, everyone has done their bit and the mod has developed fast :D I'm also glad for all the support too! Makes it so worthwhile :) Second most viewed topic on here now ;) second only to the LA mod topic. And 15,000 downloads of the latest version (2.3) just means soo much! :D

And they are very good! ;D Hopefully will be able to showcase Ten house when it's done, fully lighted ;D

Got half of the lights on Rescue 1 done. ladder 10 will be up next so ten house is complete soon ;)

Just a little info ... Engine 10 has 119 lights on it's final version, Rescue 1 will have a even mor ;)

greetz

rettungstier

ahah I noticed too ;D but yeah sweet man, been waiting to release a new gameplay demo, but not wanted to without lights.

Oh and another thing...

I made the choice to go with reduced traffic in the mod, unrealistic, but the traffic levels would hold up the flow of the game, also traffic lights are purely for looks too. I found tjhey caused a lot of jams in the LA mod (for me anyway) so decided to remove their function. No civil paths cross so you wont see any (or few jams) also disabled the 'redirect' ability, cos this also causes more problems.

Hope everyone feels this was for the best.

Dyson

Hmm, interesting question, atm they are from the menu, I'd change that, but I prefer having the ability to summon them without having the Batt chief on scene. I think they're less 'reserve' units and more just off map units as they are called upon at the same time as on map units rather than just as back up, but that's just me :)

Dyson, how about making a Panel/Desk with Computers and Dispatchers, set to Group#1 (You know, you press 1 and have them selected), and he can dispatch all units. Its like that in the German Hamburg Modification, and that works pretty good. They have 1 of these Dispatchers for every Organisation. (FDNY/EMS/NYPD)

It's me again!

Rescue 1 is almost done. I got as close as possible to what I would say is "real", which costs at the moment about ... lights on that truck (nahhh... won't say that already ^^ ).

Some minor changes tomorrow, Dyson pleased with the result aaaand... ten truck is next ;)

greetz

rettungstier

Hey guys,

Sorry Ive been on the downlow the past week or two. Ive been working on some things Ive been keeping secret from you guys and even dyson ;P. School has been getting the best of me but this friday my break starts for a whole week of freedom. Id like to welcome our new 3d modeller and lighter who I have not met yet. Im still here though. :)

I know this is Manahattan but can we please make this an off map truck please? It has a Q too!!!! It looked like one of the first trucks to get the new mini aerodynic lightbars too. The broken LED's make it easier for the lighter also haha

I know this is Manahattan but can we please make this an off map truck please? It has a Q too!!!

According to a site I was trawling earlier there are quite a few companies that have hidden Q's on their rigs. Rumors say the electric Q's were introduced to discourage "in house' additions of traditional Q's.

Having some issues getting together a Q2B siren, loads of clips, but they are either moving or loads of background sound. However I have made a Q siren with a proper startup tone, unrealistic I know, but I think it's the best I can get unless someone records their own Q2b siren :)