Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hey guys rafael here,

Just arrived home this is good news and bad news. The good news is ill have some time to

Work on the mod before school starts. The bad news is.... School is starting soon. I go to a boarding school so the mod will be hard to work on and will probably slow down alot. I will still work on it everyday if possible for as long as I can. Anyways all is good and im back so viva WTC mod! And new york submod!

Guys is there any way you can just stop with the updates and little tidbits of "sneak peaks"? Perhaps you can just email everyone when the mod is 100% done?

Maybe it's just me, but it almost seems like you guys just like the attention of EM4 mod fans. I mean there's 143 pages of pretty much people telling you how awesome it looks. I know it looks awesome, but I don't need 143 pages of you two asking "what do you guys think?". It's almost like you guys are fishing for compliments and doing it for the attention.

I check these boards almost everyday, and very rarely do I ever read anything worthwhile. I did appreciate how the other NY Mod was released unexpectedly. There was no fanfare, no polls, no previews. They just surprised us and posted the download. I've been playing EM4 mods for years and I get a funny feeling this will be a major disappointment to a lot of people when it's not released like most mods/submods.

Sorry guys, I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Making a mod is not thing of two days, and less if they are doing a work of that size, if you don't like to see updates don't look for it, but then don't go bitching of when is the mod ready or if its still going, besides there is already a released version...

We have barely released any screens, there's about 143 pages of discussion of the mod, most of which yes we did release some screens, but thats not for 'attention' that's because, what's the point of making something then just sitting on it until it's done, we wanted to share our work, else what's the point of any of this? Lets just all sit patiently until the next mod is out, play it, get bored, wait again. I much prefer browsing forums looking at WiP mods seeing what people have achieved.

I have to say for once I think that comment was uncalled for and offensive to the team.

Goodday

:huh:

ironcitycats, you bring up a very valid point and I, for one, agree with you.

I believe I've pointed out before that while there are dozens of "WIP" mods that generate hundreds of pages of comments out a few small updates every now and then, there are still only about 10 mods that ever got completed and released.

I don't think anyone should take offense in this. It's just an ascertainement.

This mod has been existing for almost a year. What do you expect two pages in the thread? Yes i love the attention of em4 fans! They are what keep me going I post pics to get feedback and when people tell me the work is looking great its like adrenaline for me and keeps me working. If I never got feedback i would not be able to work on the Wtc and Ny submod. There are developers that keep everything hidden from there supporters and there are developers like us that give out supporters something to wait for.

Aitor, I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR UPDATES, ETAS, OR RELEASE DATES. So let me clear the air on that.

Count how many "WIP" mods/submods have started with pics/screens/models and never, ever get released. That's a fact, not opinion.

Furthermore, I'd be the first to say that this looks great. But at the end of the day, I'm definitely not holding my breath for its release.

Even Rafael just admitted he loves the attention from the fans. Personally, if I was making a mod, I'd be doing it for my own entertainment. But I'd also share it with the community too. I am fully aware that no one in the community gets paid to create mods.

I think it's very noble that people do this on their own time and share it.

Please don't get it twisted Dyson and Rafael, you guys are doing something I could never do. But at the same time, this will all probably be a pipe dream. People have life problems, go to school, get sick, start their careers or have careers.

So yeah, 143 pages is way too much sucking up for me. Thanks for taking my side VooDoo, glad to hear someone sees the big picture. Perhaps if you spent more time on the maps/models and less time on updates, suggestions, polls and compliment-fishing, then maybe the mod would be finished by now. That's just me speaking from an efficient and productive viewpoint.

P.S. Dyson, I have seen every WIP mod and their "achievements" but it's all for naught if you can't enjoy it in the game. Looking at screens, models, maps, or uber-cool mod-support banners just doesn't cut it for me.

Anywho, don't mind me. It's just my opinion and I know a ton of people will be mad at me. But I had to make say something.

143 pages of the same thing. lol.

We've seen enough buildings. we get it.

Just build up your mod, save the surprises for the end, it's important to keep the element of surprise uncompromisable. the more you show off pictures of your new treats, the more it becomes .... monotonous and platitudinous. It's like im watching the same movie trailer over and over and over. No offense, but Mike and ironcitycats has a valid argument point.

But lets be real here, this mod still kicks ass, HOWEVER i would not be surprised if this modification is to not be completed ( im guessing during school season,) and die away... Please prove me wrong though, kay?

and remember this ... this is not a competition...and shouldn't be treated as such. nobody will be getting medals in the end, lol.

Your reputation is on the line here, folks.

I'm just being sarcastic!

One question though, Rafal, why are you posting the same pics on the other (WIP) World Trade Center Thread posted under Modification subforum.... Are you two working together and sharing the same files, or what? I dont think two forum topics are necessary if you're going to show the same thing....

This mod will be completed, I don't see how anyone could question that. And how is showing screens and 'sucking up' bad. Right from this moment we wont show any screens if it winds you all up that much.

And the reason I took offence is because it is being claimed this mod is just to fulfill some need for attention. So yeah I have the right to be a bit pissed off.

Dyson

P.S. The two mods are seperate, however we are working on each others, they will not merge due to a lot of issues surrounding the ethics of 9/11, however they will feature the same base, but the WTC mod will feature buildings for 9/11, vehicles for 9/11 and missions.

Jeez

To include this submod that has progressed from humble beginnings to what it is now ,with all these so called WIP's that are started by newcomers who start a "I want this mod cause it's cool can you do it for me" is an insult...Most of all the WIP's lately are all like that and how is updating the followers a bad thing???on the other hand according to mr. 2 post(if that's who he really is) if we work in silence then you would have 143 pages of "is it done yet?","any updates?"

What you are doing has worked this long into the project and the majority of your fans are happy,so why change for 1 guy.Maybe he can go make his own WIP thread and just disappear like the rest of them...

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has em an guess what? That's what happens on a public forum, not everyone will kiss your ass as a "yes man"... Welcome to the real world, the reality is one has a right to their opinion whether you agree with it or not... I could share my opinion if I desired, probrably get the same "if it's so easy you do it" horseshit flames as a response, but oh, wait, I am a skilled modder so I know how long it takes....

Shockingly, everyone here takes offense but has no issues acting better than those they disagree with... Grow up or shut up everyone.

This mod will be completed, I don't see how anyone could question that. And how is showing screens and 'sucking up' bad. Right from this moment we wont show any screens if it winds you all up that much.

And the reason I took offence is because it is being claimed this mod is just to fulfill some need for attention. So yeah I have the right to be a bit pissed off.

Dyson

P.S. The two mods are seperate, however we are working on each others, they will not merge due to a lot of issues surrounding the ethics of 9/11, however they will feature the same base, but the WTC mod will feature buildings for 9/11, vehicles for 9/11 and missions.

Jeez

Wait, what? I thought this was featuring a 9/11 inspired mission due to all of pictures you've been showing of WTC models. So, you're supporting someone else's project, totally seperate obvously, by posting things of theirs in your topic? That's a really great idea isn't it...

I also completely agree with the fact that the whole thing is a bunch of smoke and mirrors untill you see a finished product (insert WIP that never came to fruition here) but at least they had a previous version which is more than other mods can say. But, ultimatly, you can say what you want because that's what an open forum is about, sharing whatever you want with everyone, even those who could care less. So, don't be too surprised why they criticize you, becuase they have a right to think and say (to an extent) whatever they want.