Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Oh and we're advertising for a new position in the team, we need someone to create the GUI Icons for in game.

You must be able to use Google and photoshop :P

PM me if interested..

That place is reserved fore me! :P i can create GUi's etc its very easy :) so if u want pm me :D

Wouldn't the Department of Transportation (DOT) be a better name for technical services? They handle all the street lamps and roadways whereas Con Ed is an electric company..

But the ConEd take care of electricity issues, which is the only thing the engineer is used for :)

Surely the best thing would be to keep it named TEC? Bearing in mind what you use the TEC tab for (TEC Helicopter, Pontoon Bridge, Digger, Crane, Recovery Trucks) other than doing them all National Guard livery I doubt just one company (e.g. DOT or Con Ed) offers all these services. Sure, reskin the Engineer van Con Ed a la the NYC Mod but calling the Tab where you're getting your USCG chopper 'Con Ed' seems a little silly to me.

The OC-D

Well the thing is... this submod is not going to be aimed (originally) at supporting any missions, it will work with them, but the sole point is to be used on freeplay. The freeplay map has no water, and I have disabled helicopters etc. So the only use for tech is crane and engineer, so I have decided to assign the tech group as ConEd, I'll look into DoT but I think it's likely to be ConEd unless I get some kind of pictures showing otherwise :)

You'll probably get shot down for asking, but it is a legit Question, obviously it just depends how quick we get stuff done, but I have a to-do list, once parts are fulfilled different things will happen, when stage 1 is done, I send it off to some external people who assist the mod anonymously, once they have assisted I make some more adhustments, then stage 2 we send off for beta testing. Get the results, make more changes based on their feedback, then stage 3 we have a working mod ready, we big up some hype to get people interested and then we release...

I expect to reach stage one with 3 days - 2 weeks

Then stage two within a month to two months..

So if that clarifys where we are I hope it helped.

Check out my youtube channel to see the latest of the mod though ;) I think that will give you a clearer picture http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAshleydyson?feature=mhee

Dyson

x

You'll probably get shot down for asking, but it is a legit Question, obviously it just depends how quick we get stuff done, but I have a to-do list, once parts are fulfilled different things will happen, when stage 1 is done, I send it off to some external people who assist the mod anonymously, once they have assisted I make some more adhustments, then stage 2 we send off for beta testing. Get the results, make more changes based on their feedback, then stage 3 we have a working mod ready, we big up some hype to get people interested and then we release...

I expect to reach stage one with 3 days - 2 weeks

Then stage two within a month to two months..

So if that clarifys where we are I hope it helped.

Check out my youtube channel to see the latest of the mod though ;) I think that will give you a clearer picture http://www.youtube.c...on?feature=mhee

Dyson

x

I love the tidbits from the videos. I am still amazed the detail. You folks are doing great.

To help you out a bit. Do you folks have a website like lamod does? If not and you know your way around a drupal site for example http://rodneymillerpca.thruhere.net/ I will be glad to host an absolutely free one for you where you have absolute control over it. If your interested let me know. Then pick a domain from here https://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/premium.html example nysubmod.thruhere.net I can have it up in about 15 minutes.

Well the thing is... this submod is not going to be aimed (originally) at supporting any missions, it will work with them, but the sole point is to be used on freeplay. The freeplay map has no water, and I have disabled helicopters etc. So the only use for tech is crane and engineer, so I have decided to assign the tech group as ConEd, I'll look into DoT but I think it's likely to be ConEd unless I get some kind of pictures showing otherwise :)

Uh, I don't live in New York (California actually) but I highly doubt that an electric company would have any cranes. Especially ones that would handle wrecked cars.

Uh, I don't live in New York (California actually) but I highly doubt that an electric company would have any cranes. Especially ones that would handle wrecked cars.

I am not part of the group, However my bet is the accident crane they move to the fire department. Also in big cities like LA and NY the police departments have tow equipment.

I am not part of the group, However my bet is the accident crane they move to the fire department. Also in big cities like LA and NY the police departments have tow equipment.

I believe the only tow trucks the LAPD have are specifically used to tow the cruisers. Otherwise the contract out to many different tow companies around the city.

http://www.opgla.com/

LAFD does have a crane just like the one represented in the mod assuming that models up to date depending on it the real rig was retired or not. They have a second crane to, similar to the one in the mod but I believe it was built on a different chassis. My mind is a bit rusty on the workings of the various agencies in LA.

Nyc does not have cranes, most cities (including LA) use "official police garages" ie: sub-contracted tow companies... NY has tow trucks unlike most cities, but they don't really have a fire or police crane... In the event one might be needed I'd guess they would just sub-contract/lease a mobile construction one... My mod's version of a crane is a stretch on what the thing can really do, It's really just a tow truck/ winch recovery truck... For the game unfortunately ya can't airbag/flip an overturned vehicle, so ya need a crane even if it'll be fictional.

Well I have never been to L.A. although a big fan of the show Emergency. I have also not been in N.Y.C. since about two months after the first WTC attack. Most likely now with the loss of WTC will never go again. I would have no idea on the realism. Logically speaking makes more sense to me to have crane with fd and tows with pd. Also maybe change tec to oem or something like that.

OEM is more or less a coordinator agency, a city/state level equiv. of the FEMA agency, for tec duties in the game go with DOT or someone similar, really the tec duties are spread over a few agencies depending on the issue, but in the game 1 tec guy is what ya get=/

I think we're kinda dwelling on the details too much, I've named the category ConEd, it'll feature a ConEd truck (engineer) Crane (private hire) and a roll back truck (NYPD) so if anythingit'd be Misc but it looks better with an actual name :)

Love the debate, but I think it's not a massive factor in the game :)

I think we're kinda dwelling on the details too much, I've named the category ConEd, it'll feature a ConEd truck (engineer) Crane (private hire) and a roll back truck (NYPD) so if anythingit'd be Misc but it looks better with an actual name :)

Love the debate, but I think it's not a massive factor in the game :)

I agree with you however the debate was fun and informative. Thanks to Xplorer4x4's link I know never to have a car towed in LA. rofl Did you see the info on a website for you? Wasn't sure if you where not interested or if you read over it. BTW I promise to wait patiently and not ask for release date since still addicted on last version. If any one else is addicted and needs help just call 1-800- jus-play. rofl

I agree with you however the debate was fun and informative. Thanks to Xplorer4x4's link I know never to have a car towed in LA. rofl Did you see the info on a website for you? Wasn't sure if you where not interested or if you read over it. BTW I promise to wait patiently and not ask for release date since still addicted on last version. If any one else is addicted and needs help just call 1-800- jus-play. rofl

haha, well regarding websites, I have got one, and get offers regularly. However, I don't find enough use in them, I prefer just to stick to these forums :P thanks anyway! ;)

haha, well regarding websites, I have got one, and get offers regularly. However, I don't find enough use in them, I prefer just to stick to these forums :P thanks anyway! ;)

Ah ok. I was not sure if you had any restrictions here as to space or anything and I know considering we are on page 150 it is popular. I thought I would offer. I know it is a pain getting sites and some of these hosters charge a fortune. I dedicated my one server years ago to non profit drupal sites. And considering you folks are inventing a Ny and not buying NY I consider you non profit. rofl

Nyc does not have cranes, most cities (including LA) use "official police garages" ie: sub-contracted tow companies... NY has tow trucks unlike most cities, but they don't really have a fire or police crane... In the event one might be needed I'd guess they would just sub-contract/lease a mobile construction one... My mod's version of a crane is a stretch on what the thing can really do, It's really just a tow truck/ winch recovery truck... For the game unfortunately ya can't airbag/flip an overturned vehicle, so ya need a crane even if it'll be fictional.

I sat outside for like an hour or two in about 30*F weather watching a water recovery(missed the rescue just the recovery of the vehicle) but I think they may have actually had to call in a crane company rather then a tow company. For some reason though, the crane was not used, bur rather a truck like the LAFD Heavy Rescue was used, just much older as it was an old Ford F1000 if memory serves me right. Probably from around the 70s.

Agreed, for these type of projects websites arent needed, and other forums are mostly useless unless say you made several different add on mods for it and Stan wouldnt give you a forum for all of them.