FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Awesome looking mod guys! I noticed on the photo with the rescue truck there are hydraulic spreaders (aka jaws of life) and hydraulic cutters, will you have to use a combination of both (as we do in real life) to extricate a person from a car wreck?

Dan.

Guest Francis

Neither of you can say that really. It isn't a fact because nothing was proved yet apart from the little scripts that I even could make, and some models. The ladder climbing is nice but is doable in a long time effort. As long as they don't prove that everything they say is made, it cannot be a fact that this is the best modification. I could say I'd give a million dollars to everyone here, but who will know if I even have a million dollars? Well this was not to ask for a proof, this was a statement, and that is a fact, that unless proof is made, text cannot be used to describe a fact.

I saw that video yesterday, and was thinking of the same idea :D

We will have some eastereggs for sure, who knows what will be there :)

apart from the little scripts that I even could make, and some models.

Trust me, all the "little scripts" run on a base of a huge mission script, which is freaking much work.

The ladder climbing is nice but is doable in a long time effort.

Why long time effort? That's simplest math stuff, everybody can do this, it's just some creativity to do this.

Your very creative Tim.

However you're not so good with grammar ;)

Good to see things running along smoothly as of late. :)

Also to settle BEST MOD EVAR! I'm sure this will be a wonderful mod when they finish it but until then it's just a project and I'm sure the team will agree with me in saying that when it's done it'll be good, but until then it's just something they have and not us, so really we can't decide how wonderful it is jsut yet ;)

We know there is vertical ventilation but will there be horizontal as well?

At the moment horizontal ventilation is not implemented. I am testing some concepts, but until now, none of them made me really happy. I keep on working on that, and I will try to include horizontal ventilation as well :)

Also will ventilation actually have an effect on the fire or will it be purely cosmetic?

It does have an effect. It increases the effectiveness of fire fighting, compared to a non ventilated building.

Guest Francis

Well, look at the videos. Unless that's some brilliantly accurate emulation of the game, I'd say that's proof the features are there.

There is no videos that proves the huge announced features.

@Tim, I know this is math stuff, I'm a scripter myself too. The fact is not everybody can do that, because that's pure advanced mathematics.

The fact is not everybody can do that, because that's pure advanced mathematics.

Advanced? No way :D This is simple linear equation stuff, nothing advanced there, basic things everybody learns at school.