FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Why is it that everyone goes "OMG SOMEONE SHOT IT" if they see something destroyed? I mean, can't you let a street light become damaged without a rambo have passed it? If someone shot it, it would not be sparking. The glass would most likely break, and if they hit the bulb it would just go out. No sparks. Sparks can appear if there is a defect part, and some other cases that happens naturally.. I really don't see why all the time when there is something not working, there has been a crime. Hell, it was like that in the real life, you couldn't even be safe in a police station!..

They say they are doing this mod realisticly, and therefore there is no rambos going around shooting everything..

You guys play too much GTA IV...

If I worked for the government or whoever manages the lights, I would replace them completely if that's how they reacted when the bulbs blew :P Electrical hazard much?

I think it's something else. Who knows though.

Guest New York City

Why is it that everyone goes "OMG SOMEONE SHOT IT" if they see something destroyed? I mean, can't you let a street light become damaged without a rambo have passed it? If someone shot it, it would not be sparking. The glass would most likely break, and if they hit the bulb it would just go out. No sparks. Sparks can appear if there is a defect part, and some other cases that happens naturally.. I really don't see why all the time when there is something not working, there has been a crime. Hell, it was like that in the real life, you couldn't even be safe in a police station!..

They say they are doing this mod realisticly, and therefore there is no rambos going around shooting everything..

You guys play too much GTA IV...

I am in your opinion !

Guest Francis

Honestly, I know why they put that in.

They wanted you guys to stop spamming their thread with unrelated things so they just put a little effect for you to talk about in the picture, simple as that.

Guest krst6954

Honestly, I know why they put that in.

They wanted you guys to stop spamming their thread with unrelated things so they just put a little effect for you to talk about in the picture, simple as that.

Bingo!

I'm afraid to not be again topic temporarily closed because of spam :unsure:

Bingo!

I'm afraid to not be again topic temporarily closed because of spam :unsure:

Are you saying that you don't want another NY mod topic closed because of spamming? If so, I agree with you completely. People have to stay on topic and according to Francis, that's one of the reasons why the picture is here. :1046275976_nospam:

Guest krst6954

Are you saying that you don't want another NY mod topic closed because of spamming? If so, I agree with you completely. People have to stay on topic and according to Francis, that's one of the reasons why the picture is here. :1046275976_nospam:

That's right

Why the hell do you spam the topic then? I mean, if you don't want it locked you start saying it and say "back to topic". Well, that is spam. And so is this. therefore I will include a question which for the first time in 4 posts now, will be related to the NY mod; Is it gonna be nessecary to use the "hydrant > engine" hose, or is that not required?

Or MAYBE you're all wrong and it's just a burnt out bulb or mechanical problem and just happens to be outside of a training ground belonging the the city's Police.

Yes, because thats totally different then where I said I think it was a defective street light.

That's right

So if you dont want it closed why did you even post this? What does this add to the topic? Absolutely nothing but spam. So if you dont want the topic locked dont post anything unless your commenting on something to to do with NY, or NY Emergency services. Better yet if thats your idea of a post, why not join Emergency Captain and just stop posting. Seriously you two look like chickens with your running around with your heads cut off because it apears you can not think before you speak.

Why the hell do you spam the topic then? I mean, if you don't want it locked you start saying it and say "back to topic". Well, that is spam. And so is this. therefore I will include a question which for the first time in 4 posts now, will be related to the NY mod; Is it gonna be nessecary to use the "hydrant > engine" hose, or is that not required?

You mean stop saying back to topic?

I would imagine they would have supply lines given the amount of detail they put it. I still cant believe they actually modeled the word Seagrave in to the grill of an engine. It might seem silly but thats got to be one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in terms of EM4 modeling. Thats what you call detail. And to manage to keep it under 5000 polygons at the same time, thats pretty damn impressive imo.

Since you guys are doing freeplay using "Mission scripts" will you be disabling units when they are not needed in a mission or it would not be realistic to have a unit dispatched to that area? Like I doubt port authority would respond to an MVA in the heart of the city.

Well the maximum amount of polys you can use for EM4 is about 10000, so they're fine with that level of detail. Although my Marauder does look like crap now :dry: Oh well, I never finished any of them anyway :P (maybe because Zmodeler keeps crashing every time I do :1046276128_motz: ).

Guest New York City

This well sees from with the street. Does give two Trainigs lay close once for the FDNY and once for the NYPD???

So two separate ones lay close for two different unities.

This well sees from with the street. Does give two Trainigs lay close once for the FDNY and once for the NYPD???

So two separate ones lay close for two different unities.

Your asking if there are separate training areas for NYPD and FDNY?

Yes, some of their pictures are pointing towards that. In the most recent one it says something about an NYPD training station, and one of the pictures on the first few pages show the FDNY Training Bureau in some sort of training drill.

Guest New York City

Your asking if there are separate training areas for NYPD and FDNY?

Yes, some of their pictures are pointing towards that. In the most recent one it says something about an NYPD training station, and one of the pictures on the first few pages show the FDNY Training Bureau in some sort of training drill.

Yes exactly this was mine asks!

Well the maximum amount of polys you can use for EM4 is about 10000, so they're fine with that level of detail. Although my Marauder does look like crap now :dry: Oh well, I never finished any of them anyway :P (maybe because Zmodeler keeps crashing every time I do :1046276128_motz: ).

I realize 5K is fine, my point is that I am amazed they made a 5K polygon model with that level of detail.

Your cab actually looked great btw.

Been a while since I've been on, looking sick!!!

maybe your all wrong and it's fireworks put on the street light so you'd think it was defective. then it turns out to be a class D fire and then you realize omg, it's just probably defective like it's been stated 200000000000000000000000x before. :P

I assume you mean a precinct with an ESU team stationed their. Also, only the heavy rescue ESU trucks are kept at stations, the two smaller trucks in each squad are patrol units.

In the 90 they have a Fire Station, Police Station, and ESU Station all housed in one building. I hope they do it like that here!