FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

I guess I did misunderstood. Maybe you guys would shoot a highlight video or something to illustrate just how it works, but my understanding was, for example:

Load the game, load the mod, then load freeplay. Freeplay starts on Queens map this time, but next time it could be the Bronx. You get a call for an MVA but nothing else while the MVA is going on. So now you work the MVA, in detail which i will skip, everyone returns there status to available. Now you might be taken to Chinatown map. work a comercial fire alarm, in detail, and then everyone returns to available. Now it might be back to Queens for a gang fight.

Now aside from only having one map in the first release, once we have multiple maps, will it follow this format?

Now aside from only having one map in the first release, once we have multiple maps, will it follow this format?

we have to try out this system and then decide depending on how it works and how the "feeling" is while gaming, we'll keep this suggestion in mind and test it out

How will the audio and video represent a call coming in? Will it be on a station by station basis, or will it be similar to the basic Em4 and LA mod with the dispatcher appearing in a video screen on the side.

On a more reallife basis will the station have the tone with the units responding?

Now onto more of a tip rather than question or suggestion. IRL whenever a squad is called the tone still requests an engine in that house. Just a realism tip. :)

Guest dm155

our freeplaysystem is created on mission basis, this allows us to create and use more own extended scripts... also we are able to create every incident very detailed, from pain in the chest (EMS) over a gang shootout (PD) to phone alarm of a possible structure fire (FD). you cannot compare the standard emergency/911 incidents with our system.... its something complete new because we can create every single detail for the incidents. we make every single incident from scratch, thats a very time consuming work but its worth the time. we just try to make a modification where the player is involved more interactively.

There's just one map in the first version, its like normal freeplay... just based on a big mission, simply described. Maybe there was a little misunderstanding because you said it will be a bunch of different missions on different maps ;)

hope you can understand it, finished school about 8 years ago so my english isn't as perfect as it was^^

So I have to ask, where you said it is like the normal freeplay map.... Did you mean it is the same map or is there a whole ne map?

How will the audio and video represent a call coming in? Will it be on a station by station basis, or will it be similar to the basic Em4 and LA mod with the dispatcher appearing in a video screen on the side.

On a more reallife basis will the station have the tone with the units responding?

Now onto more of a tip rather than question or suggestion. IRL whenever a squad is called the tone still requests an engine in that house. Just a realism tip. :)

no dispatcher screen anymore, but i dont tell you the whole alarm system too now ;)

the alarm tones are with the units which respond... e.g. rescue with "special unit" or engine and satellite with "engine + special unit"

yea thx, but know the squad thing already ;)

So I have to ask, where you said it is like the normal freeplay map.... Did you mean it is the same map or is there a whole ne map?

we create a whole new map... long process, but more concerning the map and its long development time in later big update

Also, is there a button to press to make the engine go out of the station and staff itself without doing it manually?

you'll see ;) we dont think highly about much automatic scripts... our mod is mainly kept manual, don't want to see someone fall asleep while gaming :D

we have to try out this system and then decide depending on how it works and how the "feeling" is while gaming, we'll keep this suggestion in mind and test it out

It wasnt a suggestion at all. It was questioning my understanding based on how it was described earlier, but I think I understand a little bit better on how it works but not completely. Guess time will tell.

That's probably because in their first, second, and third due area, they are considered a engine, then outside of that area, if not acting as a squad, they're considered a truck company, and then they can obviously be called as a squad company in any area.

Guest Francis

For the game yes, for mods its not quite that simple.

Just add -mod "New York Mod v1.0" to the target line if the mod's name (not directory) is called New York Mod v1.0.

It will work for every Unit with white LEDs, e.g. Engine 9 oder the FDNY-Ambulances.

The wig-way headlights will be activated with the white LED together.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but the white lights only activate when the apparatus is put in drive. When parked, only the red lights flash.

Some law or something. The guy that demoed a new engine for us explained it

Just add -mod "New York Mod v1.0" to the target line if the mod's name (not directory) is called New York Mod v1.0.

I know but just saying its not just a cut and paste job.

The guy that demoed a new engine for us explained it

Dont mean to go OT but quick OT Post, I would have guessed you were police, not fire based on your user name. :P

You said you don't want to put in too many automatic scripts, so I'm assuming that after calls, you have to manually click the vehicle staff and put them in the vehicle to send it home? I don't like that idea, because you can miss out people. In real life, people are responsible for themselves (and have radios) so it's not like people are going to get left at a scene in real life.

It sounds like it might be complicated to make a fire engine drive to the scene, like having to select the firefighters, make them put on the suit, make them get into the engine, open the gate, etc. That's nice, unless you also have other calls to attend to...

Not to give the wrong idea, I am looking forward to more updates/the release :D

You said you don't want to put in too many automatic scripts, so I'm assuming that after calls, you have to manually click the vehicle staff and put them in the vehicle to send it home? I don't like that idea, because you can miss out people. In real life, people are responsible for themselves (and have radios) so it's not like people are going to get left at a scene in real life.

It sounds like it might be complicated to make a fire engine drive to the scene, like having to select the firefighters, make them put on the suit, make them get into the engine, open the gate, etc. That's nice, unless you also have other calls to attend to...

Not to give the wrong idea, I am looking forward to more updates/the release :D

and thats the reason why there's only ONE incident AT A TIME ;)

don't worry, our system is well-wrought

Guest New York City

Does anybody think that there will ever be a better mod for Emergency 4?

No!!!

Fall on nobody. This Mod will be the best in gaze history EM4 :cheers-mate: :cheers-mate: