FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

I am just stating whats in that video and in that video I can only see them blocking foot traffic. I dont see any one who runs out to the street to block traffic. Plus it would be hard to be blocking traffic and blocking pedestrians at the same time.

I've seen them do both (in videos) My guess it would either depend on SOP's or the level of laziness they are experiencing :P

Not to bother anyone I just wanna know should I be looking forward to the New York Mod released soon or just focus on Emergency 5 release date.....

we dont no when both of them come out it will come out when it does but the NY mod is free and Emergency 5 u have to pay :lach:

Not to bother anyone I just wanna know should I be looking forward to the New York Mod released soon or just focus on Emergency 5 release date.....

That's getting a little close to asking for a release date, so if I were you, I would not ask similar questions again unless you want the 2 day suspension from the moderators.

Just when I thought the mod could not get any better it did.

Three questions(they may be surprises, idk):

1) In most mods there is a rear entrance of the different stations, and the trucks will drive straight in. Being NYC, have you found a way for them to back in or is that in the working/ a surprise?

2) Is each truck assigned to it's station, that way for example engine 10 isn't somehow in Engine 7's spot?

3) IF there are to be additional units such as RAC trucks will there be spots outside different stations for them and other various trucks, or will they be called from off the map?

Sick mod, cannot wait for it to come out.

3) IF there are to be additional units such as RAC trucks will there be spots outside different stations for them and other various trucks, or will they be called from off the map?

I can help you with this one, They said they will have different maps (Queens, Manhatton, Bronx, ect.), So let's say you're playing in The Bronx and you want to call a unit from Queens or Manhatton or where ever, well, depending on the length of the trip, they will take longer or shorter to arrive. They could, however, add additional units to the map your playing in perticular.

1) In most mods there is a rear entrance of the different stations, and the trucks will drive straight in. Being NYC, have you found a way for them to back in or is that in the working/ a surprise?

2) Is each truck assigned to it's station, that way for example engine 10 isn't somehow in Engine 7's spot?

1) Probably a surprise. I remember that this has been discused before.

2) IDK. Probably. To do it any other way requires more scripting. (I think) ;)

Guest Francis

2) IDK. Probably. To do it any other way requires more scripting. (I think) ;)

Actually, it would be even easier to do such because you wouldn't have to check if there is already an engine 10 there, because it would request to go park.

as far as i know many mods have this mostly know winterberg and some not so big mods got it to

Is it possible to add a pistol holster to the plice? Wait... what am I saying they probably already have it in there.

Modding onto the personnel is hard because it simply just looks like a bunch of polygons when you open it in Z-Modeler (which FFW TUT uses). Therefore difficult to make. But I don't know, so I shouldn't say anything about it :P

Guest krst6954

Are you working on integrating some system for turning on different sirens or it will be one short recording with 2-3 different sounds for every department like in Los Angeles Mod?

"Are you working on integrating some system for turning on different sirens"

That is exactly what this mod needs, I want to actually choose what I use in-game, from air horns and a rumbler, to yelps and wails. That would be great.

(Personaly, I can wait a few updates after the orinall release if this isn't already in the mod, I can't wait any more than I have to already!:happy: )

Guest krst6954

I was thinking for school were can be played hostages situations with terrorists, drug dealers, etc.

Or if you don't want to make school, just make a school bus, he can be use for hostages situation on the road for example.

Like Shady said:

I couldnt agree, plus the additional voice and or video files could possibly add up in file size very quickly.

Question for the team, now I am sure some where in the NY fleet are units with turn signals like this:

http://www.flickr.co..._us/3621715343/

Will you be making a texture that will match up to the arrow or just use the existing lights shapes?

we have an arrow for turn signals on all of our FDNY trucks

Sick mod, cannot wait for it to come out.

1) Its no problem to let them backing in backwards, so to your question: yes its possible in our mod

2) each truck is assigned to his station

3) you'll see

Thats still not what i mean. The lights in EM4 are based on a texture. The textures range from a small circle, large circle, to a square. There is no lighting texture that is shaped like the arrow turn signals for a fire truck. Have you altered the texture for the light itself,not the texture of the engine, to an arrow so when the turn signals lights up it will show though as an arrow instead of just a regular circle or square light?