FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest emergency captain

Yes, Tim and FFW TUT, and SilverHawk are all gifted. I was recently playing Winterberg 7.1 and noticed something. The units go slower with their sirens off. When you turn them on, they go faster. When the lights are on, they go a bit faster. Most of the vehicles on Emergency 4, are made to stop when an emergency vehicle comes up to them. The unit then has to go around the vehicle.

1) It does that just to make it seem a lot harder. Which is good. You can't do anything about that I believe.

2) Vehicles can't pull over as they are set on a path. Making them pull over would make them pull over would set them off their path they have to follow. However, it is possible. The only major problem would be that they would pull over into objects. I.E. Parked Cars, fire hydrants, lights, post boxes. etc. Then we have to shoot them, extinguish them, then carry them away. That would be annoying.

We only have one incident at the same time

and to 2)... you can make cars pull over for emergency vehicles, we tried it out ... its possible but we dont know if we include it into the mod

In London, the taxi drivers are very impatient and generally fail when it comes to yielding for emergency vehicles. This is probably the same in New York, perhaps you could simulate this? xD

Guest emergency captain

Traffic is less worse than LA in New York. FDNY, NYPD, are fast, they go through traffic all of the time. FFW, why aren't you going to include it in the mod!?

I was just playing the LA mod and I noticed two things that bugged me. The first was that you are almost done with one responce and then another shows up. In the ny mod will you give the players a little more time to regroup?

This isnt so much about the mod itself. Check the tutorials section for a thread about adjusting freeplay variables. Personally speaking, yes it sucks, but it makes it more challenging and more realistic.

There's always a way around. *hint hint*

No need to be mysterious.

That's basic stuff, just calculate a new position, based on the actual one. Check if it's blocked, if it's free, let the vehicle go there and put it back on its path after X seconds. If the position is blocked, try another one.

Someone on the german forum did that one or two years ago, and I rewrote the whole thing from scratch, working in a different way, a couple of months ago, civil cars that pull over is nothing special anymore.

Guest ToaDster

One more question. In the ny mod do the fire trucks back up into the garages after they are done with their mission. You don't have to answer the question if you don't want to.

Guest ToaDster

Yes, they do that. How else should they get into the stations if there is no backdoor? :)

In the LA mod you have to spawn new units. Thanks for clerifying can't wait tell the mod comes out.????

Guest emergency captain

Well this isn't the Los Angeles Mod, now is it? One more thing. Usually, there aren't ever police on patrol in New York. Lots of patrol cars though. The only emergency teams out on the streets really are traffic control with those scooters.

Guest ToaDster

Did the Easter bunny come this year? Last year you released new images near Easter. What about this year. Did sombody kill the Easter bunny??

Did the Easter bunny come this year? Last year you released new images near Easter. What about this year. Did sombody kill the Easter bunny??

I ate the easter bunny :raucher:

lol, but really, I don't think there is really a schedule on when the release pictures or important info, they most likely release it when they want to and/or when they're ready.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see emergency captain's post, we posted them up at about the same time.

Tim is magical with scrips, you have no idea what he can do if you think it's impossible to make cars pull over ;)

Well it's confirmed it's gonna be in at least 1 mod, not sure about NY mod though *cough cough* (realistical issues in that one because IRL the vehicles in NY doesn't pull over, they usually speed up and try to get the **** out of the way as there is too much traffic to pull over)

That's good to hear. I never said it was impossible, it's possible as I've been told before.

Oh. He's magical with scripts? Then this NY Mod will be amazing. If all of them are magical with scripts, it will be purely amazing.

No need to be mysterious.

That's basic stuff, just calculate a new position, based on the actual one. Check if it's blocked, if it's free, let the vehicle go there and put it back on its path after X seconds. If the position is blocked, try another one.

Someone on the german forum did that one or two years ago, and I rewrote the whole thing from scratch, working in a different way, a couple of months ago, civil cars that pull over is nothing special anymore.

That answers my question. Seems pretty simple. However, I bet it isn't. For someone less experienced with scripts it sounds easy...

Anyone that knows what they are doing can make anything sound simple, when really if you don't know what you are doing it's pretty hard. Like I could sit down and it would take me a bit of time to figure out half these scripts, my brother would never get them, but Tim might be able to roll them out in a day or two. It all depends on the level of skill.

In the LA mod you have to spawn new units. Thanks for clerifying can't wait tell the mod comes out.????

Yes, I am sure Tim is oblivious to everything in the LA Mo9d. He probably doesnt even know it exists.

/sarcasm

Anyone that knows what they are doing can make anything sound simple, when really if you don't know what you are doing it's pretty hard. Like I could sit down and it would take me a bit of time to figure out half these scripts, my brother would never get them, but Tim might be able to roll them out in a day or two. It all depends on the level of skill.

Tim could probably do it in an hour :P

Guest ToaDster

Yes, I am sure Tim is oblivious to everything in the LA Mo9d. He probably doesnt even know it exists.

I don't appreciate sarcasm. How about you act a little more like an adult when you post things.

Guest ToaDster

Did you really just say that? Do you not understand a joke? You mate are going to get destroyed. That was childish and un needed.

I don't appreciate sarcasm of any level. NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC!