ShaneGreen

Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod

Guest PalaFDExplorer

also, someone correct me if im wrong, LAFD sends a ALS or BLS engine on calls with the ambulance. sometimes, i believe, they send the engine first and then according to the injuries they ask for a BLS or ALS ambulance. so there is always at least 6 people, 4 on the engine and 2 on the ambulance, to be with the patient and to handle a little stretcher.

- on topic -

cant wait to see your new project. it looks awesome. for your next bit you should add the sheriffs patrol cars to look like the LAPD cars. i have seen some with the new light bar in pics from Mr. Mike.

California law requires 2 medics on scene. Most ambulances are staffed with a paramedic and an EMT(basic), not all, but most. So, an engine is on scene as the 2nd medic. Also, the extra help is great. If there's a possibility, or is serious, they can go +1 with a firefighter on board. Making 3 on board a box possible. with family members still able to get in. We (our area) usually do 4-5 on the engine, so we can still fit our gear in.

Does this submod work with Additional Units submod???? :nixweiss:

Nop... "Virgin" copy... I repeat, i have used it with the Mod 2.0 (without patch)... I havent use any other mod or submod with it.

There are a lot of things that i like about this mod, the apparent chain of command (each engine has a captain, captain can call the next person on the chain to respond, he, in turn, can call the next.) However there are some things that i didn't like: new sirens, new police vehicles as opposed to just using multiples of the original, (meaning just having one, them copying them in game. That way, if you have edited the vehicle, the ones in game will be like it.)I wish there was a way to keep the command, and the new parking spaces, but remove the other parts that are not wanted.

There are a lot of things that i like about this mod, the apparent chain of command (each engine has a captain, captain can call the next person on the chain to respond, he, in turn, can call the next.) However there are some things that i didn't like: new sirens, new police vehicles as opposed to just using multiples of the original, (meaning just having one, them copying them in game. That way, if you have edited the vehicle, the ones in game will be like it.)I wish there was a way to keep the command, and the new parking spaces, but remove the other parts that are not wanted.

I agree, I wanted to change the lights and in turn have to change 30 apparatus and so on

Guest Dave

California law requires 2 medics on scene. Most ambulances are staffed with a paramedic and an EMT(basic), not all, but most. So, an engine is on scene as the 2nd medic. Also, the extra help is great. If there's a possibility, or is serious, they can go +1 with a firefighter on board. Making 3 on board a box possible. with family members still able to get in. We (our area) usually do 4-5 on the engine, so we can still fit our gear in.

I work as a Medic in Southern California and that is not a law. It is nice to have 2 medics on scene, but there are departments that are BLS (only EMT's) and the ambulance has one medic on it. You work with what you got. I know LA county has private BLS ambulances respond with an engine with one medic to medical aids. If the call is ALS the medic off the engine rides in with the ambulance, otherwise the pt goes BLS.

Where are u from? Cuz I'm From LA and most of the stuff you say doesnt seem to have any research behind it. I dont mean to bash in anyway nor disrespect you but research first, and also 5 people on apparatus with 5 sets of bunkers doesnt quite fit aswell as u say...

Guest Mattaust

I thought it was, i was running it on v2.2, with no problems.

It better be cause i'm not wasting 30 seconds of my life downloading it :P

I just have to say that this submod rocks. I'm so glad it was allowed to be released.

The LA Mod itself just kicks posterior... and this is about 2/3 closer to the way I'd like to play the game... (I don't have the skills to get it even closer, but this is okay enough).

I wish there was, say, a third fire station - a little one in the top right or lower left part of the map... Maybe stocked with a foam tender and brush truck, maybe a heavy equipment truck... I never get to play with the foam tender because there's little point in calling units off-map (and part of the point is to interact with the fire stations)...

But again - that's not criticism in any way... This submod rocks. :) I was a fan of "Emergency!" growing up, so the alarms just really rock. :)

(Also, it works for me with LA Mod 2.0)

I just have to say that this submod rocks. I'm so glad it was allowed to be released.

The LA Mod itself just kicks posterior... and this is about 2/3 closer to the way I'd like to play the game... (I don't have the skills to get it even closer, but this is okay enough).

I wish there was, say, a third fire station - a little one in the top right or lower left part of the map... Maybe stocked with a foam tender and brush truck, maybe a heavy equipment truck... I never get to play with the foam tender because there's little point in calling units off-map (and part of the point is to interact with the fire stations)...

But again - that's not criticism in any way... This submod rocks. :) I was a fan of "Emergency!" growing up, so the alarms just really rock. :)

(Also, it works for me with LA Mod 2.0)

I have to agree this sub-mod rocks and a small maybe two garage third fire station would be awesome to have maybe put the large ambulance and a foam tender or one of the ladder trucks in the 3rd station.

Guest shots

Well the only gripe I have and Idk if other people have this issue, is

1. At the start of the mod when the alarms are going off, the BA Chief and Captain consistently get stuck in the door way they come out of.

2. At the PD there are two cops are are always stuck there no matter what... Unless of course I kill them and then hit the bell again.

Other then that, everything works great, I love having engine and truck captains.

Guest someguy21

Well the only gripe I have and Idk if other people have this issue, is

1. At the start of the mod when the alarms are going off, the BA Chief and Captain consistently get stuck in the door way they come out of.

2. At the PD there are two cops are are always stuck there no matter what... Unless of course I kill them and then hit the bell again.

Other then that, everything works great, I love having engine and truck captains.

The problem is that 2 ff's or coppers are spawning on top of each other. If you pull a bat chief car or a police car up to them and have them get in, it will free them up. This way you dont have to shoot them. Ha.

have u played it before with out crashing?

Yeah... It's worked fine until the other day. as far as i know nothings changed. I'm the only one who has access to the PC.

the command has worked fine before too... Its just recently seemed rather odd. was just wondering if anyone else had had the same problem, or had any suggestions

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been around for quite some time due to commitments with work. I am now back and hope to be able to provide you all with a new package sometime soon. I notice that Hoppah has now patched the LA Mod to v2.0.2. I have downloaded all the new files and will look at them to make sure my next release is compatible with this latest version.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those members out there that have kept this post running by helping others with their questions and problems. It is very frustrating to have problems or questions, when no-one is there to answer them (as I have been), so the suport given by those members makes a real difference.

So thanks :cheers:

Will be in touch soon

Shane