ShaneGreen

Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod

thnx for the info man. i hope that you get permission for the new station smile.gif

you got any idea where you are gone place the station??

and mayby make the EMS CV parking at the hospital to gather with the EMS SUV and park on the EMS SUV spot the HES:)

Depends on which map but in most cases the third station was either North middle of the map or north/north west.

A slight correction, at the third station (36) I had a Heavy Equipment Squad, not the Light one.

Take care

Shane

oke haha so we have everyting ever somewhere:P

only the forest fire service, the LAX foam tender end the LAFD foam tender not:)

mayby the LAFD foam tender extra to station 36 ??

I did have an almost fully functioning 3rd Firestation, in the next potential release of previous version before 2.0 came out, with a structured ALS/BLS ambulance system (Main station had 3 x ALS rigs plus 1 BLS, smaller stations had 1 ALS and 1 BLS rig each).

The setup was a s follows:

STATION 10

1 x ALS Engine

1 x BLS Engine

1 x Ladder Truck

1 x USAR

3 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

1 x Hazmat

1 x Heavy Rescue Crane

1 x Battalion

1 x EMS SUV

1 x Light Equipment Vehicle

1 x Swift Water Rescue

1 x Large Ambulance

STATION 36

1 x ALS Engine

1 x BLS Engine

1 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

STATION 51

1 x ALS Engine

1 x Ladder Truck

1 x Brush Patrol

1 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

But we will see about that - Will require some discussion with Hoppah to make such significant changes I would think.

Take care

Shane

I think it would be amazing to have another fire station! Most cities don't have two stations. This would make EM4 more realistic in ways. I think it would be a great thing to have. Looking forward to the release of this submod. Hopefully you'll get permission to add a 3rd fire station in.

Well, not really. It says you plan to modify the other maps, I was unsure if you were going to modify them for the next round or if it was just a "when ever I get around/feel like it" comment. Just wondering if it's up there on the to do list or an eventually thing.

Guest mutualaidsupplies

Although I agree we would like a 3rd station. I disagree with having so many units in just 3 stations {24 units?}

So hopefully I can just have the units I dont want return to HQ and call them on mutual aid calls when needed.

I am not complaining, just suggesting. I enjoy all the hard work all the sub modders do regardless what they come out with.

Take care.

I think it would be amazing to have another fire station! Most cities don't have two stations. This would make EM4 more realistic in ways. I think it would be a great thing to have. Looking forward to the release of this submod. Hopefully you'll get permission to add a 3rd fire station in.

Depends on what city this is being modeled after. Almost every city in Southern California has multiple fire stations within their cities. I live in a medium sized city for the LA area and there 5 fire stations here and one training facility with a helipad for the PD's helicopters.

-d

Guest mutualaidsupplies

Depends on what city this is being modeled after. Almost every city in Southern California has multiple fire stations within their cities. I live in a medium sized city for the LA area and there 5 fire stations here and one training facility with a helipad for the PD's helicopters.

-d

Everyone keep in mind that the maps dont represent the "city" as a whole, but represents one section or a "grid" of a city...

Guest mtolivefire530

Ok, first off, I LOVE this mod. Adding captains to the trucks? Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!

My only question is this. I have installed the Project Reality Lights submod and it works with 2.0 and this mod installed. The only problem is that I lose some commands for some of the police units, i.e bomb squad and SWAT. Also some of the fire units.. the brush truck and I think the LEV. I lose the ability to send them back to the station.

Also the "call detectives" command seems to stop functioning. It summons a patrol unit or motorcycle.

Has anyone developed a work-around for this or will I just have to live with the break down or just clean install the submod?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!

Guest mtolivefire530

Reason for that is, When you install PRL it overwrites the unit prototype files which hold the information about commands, etc.

Ah ok. So the maker of PRL would have to add that stuff into their coding... ok

what will be new in 2.0.1? Only the compatibility with LA mod 2.0?

Shane explains this a few pages back i believe, But he said that He will be Making it Compatible and making a few overall changes i believe. if you want specifics, just search for it in the thread would be best

what will be new in 2.0.1? Only the compatibility with LA mod 2.0?

Just a quick little note to answer some of these questions.I plan on leaving all the original vehicles as they are in the Mod and will add my changes as seperate vehicles. One advantage with this is that if you call for a vehicle and one is not available, the purchase unit from off map feature will respond a vehicle from out of area with different numbering to those on the map in freeplay.I hope to expand on the ALS / BLS ambulance concept as well.I will try to add the rescue ambulance, but on past efforts, it created major hassles, so will have to see.Regarding maps, if all goes to plan and the permissions are forthcoming, I plan to modify both original and Deluxe Maps, as well as Hoppah's map for original and the Deluxe version, plus both of W00d's maps (I hope).I will have all maps in the file and the individual can rename the map that they want to freeplay.e4p or dfreeplay.e4p for those with Deluxe.Hope this satisfy's your curiosity, but please don't get too excited yetTake careShane

I did have an almost fully functioning 3rd Firestation, in the next potential release of previous version before 2.0 came out, with a structured ALS/BLS ambulance system (Main station had 3 x ALS rigs plus 1 BLS, smaller stations had 1 ALS and 1 BLS rig each).The setup was a s follows:STATION 101 x ALS Engine1 x BLS Engine1 x Ladder Truck1 x USAR3 x ALS Ambulance1 x BLS Ambulance1 x Hazmat1 x Heavy Rescue Crane1 x Battalion1 x EMS SUV1 x Light Equipment Vehicle1 x Swift Water Rescue1 x Large AmbulanceSTATION 361 x ALS Engine1 x BLS Engine1 x Light Equipment Vehicle1 x ALS Ambulance1 x BLS AmbulanceSTATION 511 x ALS Engine1 x Ladder Truck1 x Light Equipment Vehicle1 x Brush Patrol1 x ALS Ambulance1 x BLS AmbulanceBut we will see about that - Will require some discussion with Hoppah to make such significant changes I would think. Take careShane

hope this is your awnser:) look back om page 29

Most cities are much larger then the area represented in the LA Mod map.

Everyone keep in mind that the maps dont represent the "city" as a whole, but represents one section or a "grid" of a city...

Id say it represents a bit more then that, but I agree with your general statement.

Ah ok. So the maker of PRL would have to add that stuff into their coding... ok

Theres no codding evolved. You simply go in to the editor and had commands. Its just point and click. You just need to knwo what commands would need to be added to what person/car, and its super simple, just a little time consuming.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Hope all is well in your world.

Just doing a bit of work on the reskins and thought I might share one of my new additions. I have always intended on introducing a dodge charger slicktop to the submod and have just finished the skins. Would like your thoughts on the idea and the presentation.

logfile.txt

Take care

Shane

that 1 is looking great man. only a cv/dodge slick tp of the chp and the policeforce is looking very very nice man.

-d

Yes, very true. But here in Vancouver, we have 10 Stations within the North Vancouver District. And North Vancouver isn't too big. But I understand what you mean.

Very nice Charger Slicktop! Very well made. Doesn't look bad either. Great job!

i love the look of the mod but it looks like it was a bit of a problem child so i haven't downloaded it yet as well as the reason i am replying: Do you know if the mod would work with wOOd's Map mod?

ok what do I have installed :

LA Mod 2.0 + AUS

PRL ( with needed files )

1.9.3 submod

everything works fine but I replaced the USAR withe the Large Rescue Ambulance ..... the vehicle works fine with all commands but it has no siren sound ( this one is the only one who does have no siren-sound )

never mind ....figured it out myself ..... I chnaged something in the LASiren and there it was ;-)

but there is one other thing : how can I stop them from leaving the vehicle after returning to the station ?

Edited by michaelny