ShaneGreen

Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod

Whats not to get, it says 2.0 in the topic. :1046275767_ugly:

Problem is you wont have the SWR truck available, and some other things as well. You have to manually merge the xml files or use the AUS+SG submod when it becaomes stable.

ok I see ;-) thx

would you be so kind to be more precise please

what do I have so far ?

- EM 4 1.3F

- LA Mod 2.0

- AUS

- Project Reality Lights

- EMS SUV

I think you can use this with V2.0.

It means that you can only use the units that are on the map. There are units at the stations so you never really need any more. You can still purchase some vehicles if you need them but a lot of them become too expensive to purchase.

use the cheat for more money..........

first of all I have to say that I like this mod very much :-)

on the other hand there seem to be some odd things going on here and there ...... even after reading trough most postings about this mod I could not find someone else having this problem

- the game crashes here and there for some odd reason - usually when a firefighter disconnects a hose from the fire engine

- the game locks up when i.e. selecting from the call / purchase menu a tow truck ( can be some other vehicle as well ) to call it onto the map ....... the menu freezes and shortly afterwards it drops back to the windows main screen

- the third and most wired thing is this , when you have a fire near the mosque and call in vehicles to this location it appears to be a brick wall in the middle of the road ( just after the intersection .... right in front of the hotel ) where vehicles turn around and drive away into the opposite direction ....... i did try this now without an emergency - just click and point a vehicle to a point beyond the hotel and the same happens again ...... unless I guide the vehicle on the opposite lane against the driving direction bit by bit trough this area they will turn around - same happens when they come from the direction of the mosque

very wired ..... as if something is standing on the road but the vehicle will not look for a way around the obstruction rather than turn around and run like hell into the other direction ( might be something spooky what only the simulated people can see and try to outrun it :1046275767_ugly: )

Logfile : sorry there is none

DxDiag : see attached file

System : Win7 x64 on Bootcamp 3 ( i7 iMac , 2.8 GHz Quad , 16 GB Ram , ATi 4850 )

Installed with this submod are : FR 1.3 , LA Mod 2.0 , AUS , PRL ( with the needed extra files )

DxDiag.txt

first of all I have to say that I like this mod very much :-)

on the other hand there seem to be some odd things going on here and there ...... even after reading trough most postings about this mod I could not find someone else having this problem

- the game crashes here and there for some odd reason - usually when a firefighter disconnects a hose from the fire engine

- the game locks up when i.e. selecting from the call / purchase menu a tow truck ( can be some other vehicle as well ) to call it onto the map ....... the menu freezes and shortly afterwards it drops back to the windows main screen

- the third and most wired thing is this , when you have a fire near the mosque and call in vehicles to this location it appears to be a brick wall in the middle of the road ( just after the intersection .... right in front of the hotel ) where vehicles turn around and drive away into the opposite direction ....... i did try this now without an emergency - just click and point a vehicle to a point beyond the hotel and the same happens again ...... unless I guide the vehicle on the opposite lane against the driving direction bit by bit trough this area they will turn around - same happens when they come from the direction of the mosque

very wired ..... as if something is standing on the road but the vehicle will not look for a way around the obstruction rather than turn around and run like hell into the other direction ( might be something spooky what only the simulated people can see and try to outrun it :1046275767_ugly: )

Logfile : sorry there is none

DxDiag : see attached file

System : Win7 x64 on Bootcamp 3 ( i7 iMac , 2.8 GHz Quad , 16 GB Ram , ATi 4850 )

Installed with this submod are : FR 1.3 , LA Mod 2.0 , AUS , PRL ( with the needed extra files )

PRL mod is what?!

Fix: Delete and install mod again (reinstall)

PRL mod is what?!

Fix: Delete and install mod again (reinstall)

PRL = Project Reality Lights

what makes you believe that this will be the cure to my problem ? the reason for asking is this , that you cannot just uninstall this mod rather then to delete everything and start from scratch over

Looking at the pictures I can see this is for the New Free play map. I was wondering if it was possible to use this on the old freeplay map too? I though the new one was a little small thats why I havent changed over to the new one.

Hi all,

Sorry that you have not heard much from me for quite some time, life has been pretty hectic. I would like to thank those who has provided advice and support in my absence, and those who have provided files and suggestions to adapt this submod to v2.0 of the LA Mod. Prior to the release of LA Mod v2.0, I was working on some fairly major changes to the submod - which I now have to recreate for version 2.0. It is my intention to complete this project and to base it around version 2.0 with the AUS mod included. My time is very restricted so I will not be able to complete this project in the near future, but I will get it done - then after consultation with Hoppah to ensure that the changes meet his approval, I plan to release it.

I will keep you informed, as I have news to provide, but please understand if there are infrequent posts from me for a while - I will be checking in and reply to pm's as I am able.

Take care

Shane

Your submod looks and sounds awesome. One thing, I like the reality lights made by CFD. If I install your mod, then the lights submod on top, will it cause any complications? And will it work with 2.0?

I did try both the SG submod and the PRL submod. They worked for a moment, but when dispatched out for a fall, I got a high pitched screech and my computer froze. I dont know if it was caused by this, just wonderign if anyone else had similar findings.

Found out what it was, its the deluxe map. It works fine in regular freeplay map.

Edited by Firefox

hey hey

great to hear that you are working on a update of the mod.

mayby because you are also combinding the aus mod its posible to make a parking lot for the large rescue amb. and also keep the original ems car and the SUV ems. so you have 2 units.

Also if possible can you make your parking changes in the original map for EM4 and the new maps of Wood's??

i like those maps also :)

good luck with the the mod. hope to play it soon:)

hey hey

great to hear that you are working on a update of the mod.

mayby because you are also combinding the aus mod its posible to make a parking lot for the large rescue amb. and also keep the original ems car and the SUV ems. so you have 2 units.

Also if possible can you make your parking changes in the original map for EM4 and the new maps of Wood's??

i like those maps also smile.gif

good luck with the the mod. hope to play it soon:)

Just a quick little note to answer some of these questions.

I plan on leaving all the original vehicles as they are in the Mod and will add my changes as seperate vehicles. One advantage with this is that if you call for a vehicle and one is not available, the purchase unit from off map feature will respond a vehicle from out of area with different numbering to those on the map in freeplay.

I hope to expand on the ALS / BLS ambulance concept as well.

I will try to add the rescue ambulance, but on past efforts, it created major hassles, so will have to see.

Regarding maps, if all goes to plan and the permissions are forthcoming, I plan to modify both original and Deluxe Maps, as well as Hoppah's map for original and the Deluxe version, plus both of W00d's maps (I hope).

I will have all maps in the file and the individual can rename the map that they want to freeplay.e4p or dfreeplay.e4p for those with Deluxe.

Hope this satisfy's your curiosity, but please don't get too excited yet

Take care

Shane

hey shane,

thnx for the quick respone. i hope you get permission:) haha i cant wait for the new version.

you have any new stuff coming on the submod or only additing the maps and the vehicles that you already made for 1.9.3??

hey shane,

thnx for the quick respone. i hope you get permission:) haha i cant wait for the new version.

you have any new stuff coming on the submod or only additing the maps and the vehicles that you already made for 1.9.3??

I did have an almost fully functioning 3rd Firestation, in the next potential release of previous version before 2.0 came out, with a structured ALS/BLS ambulance system (Main station had 3 x ALS rigs plus 1 BLS, smaller stations had 1 ALS and 1 BLS rig each).

The setup was a s follows:

STATION 10

1 x ALS Engine

1 x BLS Engine

1 x Ladder Truck

1 x USAR

3 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

1 x Hazmat

1 x Heavy Rescue Crane

1 x Battalion

1 x EMS SUV

1 x Light Equipment Vehicle

1 x Swift Water Rescue

1 x Large Ambulance

STATION 36

1 x ALS Engine

1 x BLS Engine

1 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

STATION 51

1 x ALS Engine

1 x Ladder Truck

1 x Brush Patrol

1 x ALS Ambulance

1 x BLS Ambulance

But we will see about that - Will require some discussion with Hoppah to make such significant changes I would think.

Take care

Shane

Will this 'new' version be avaliable for both of woods maps? I don't use Hoppah's ( I think I'm one of the few who is not a fan of it. )and it would be neat to see your mod being used for those or can you share any of your thoughts on doing it for those?

Just a quick little note to answer some of these questions.

I plan on leaving all the original vehicles as they are in the Mod and will add my changes as seperate vehicles. One advantage with this is that if you call for a vehicle and one is not available, the purchase unit from off map feature will respond a vehicle from out of area with different numbering to those on the map in freeplay.

I hope to expand on the ALS / BLS ambulance concept as well.

I will try to add the rescue ambulance, but on past efforts, it created major hassles, so will have to see.

Regarding maps, if all goes to plan and the permissions are forthcoming, I plan to modify both original and Deluxe Maps, as well as Hoppah's map for original and the Deluxe version, plus both of W00d's maps (I hope).

I will have all maps in the file and the individual can rename the map that they want to freeplay.e4p or dfreeplay.e4p for those with Deluxe.

Hope this satisfy's your curiosity, but please don't get too excited yet

Take care

Shane

Will this 'new' version be avaliable for both of woods maps? I don't use Hoppah's ( I think I'm one of the few who is not a fan of it. )and it would be neat to see your mod being used for those or can you share any of your thoughts on doing it for those?

The highlighted text should answer your question smile.gif

Take care

Shane

thnx for the info man. i hope that you get permission for the new station :)

you got any idea where you are gone place the station??

and mayby make the EMS CV parking at the hospital to gather with the EMS SUV and park on the EMS SUV spot the HES:)