Guest mrpolice1996

Weird and Unusual Emergency Units

Guest dkmaisto

Doctors RRV in Region South Denmark uses SUVs as well, I've seen a Porsche Cayenne, and a couple of BMW X3s and X5s. A company that services fire vehicles has a Audi Q7 that's given to a fire brigade if their ISL cars are in for service.

The police here also has a couple of unmarked Golf GTI's and R32's.

Falck (they are an ambulance service as well as a vehicle recovery company) has a couple of Unimogs for off-road jobs, and for when it's snowing.

VIDEO

The slide and shoot move

hahahahaha lol! I can't imagine if those got here in Cairo. People would throw bricks at the police for getting those! lol Plus probably the police would be run over by traffic if they used these things on roads or even side walks :s

They are called segways. Anyway i agree with you i don't why any police force would use them.

I thought this was funny:

They use similar things for traffic stops :P

This looks very nice! :D The difference between those vehicles. The mercedes can easily run over that "no idea what it's called" police vehicle :P

I think i've found a great one .

wow I actually thought at the begining this was graphics The man is taller than the vehicle! :s omg

Owen Township Volunteer Fire Department

Engine 85 - 1979 Ford F-800/FMC Pumper - 750gpm/300gal

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1505/en...85ds0869070.jpg

This rig was donated to the department by the nearby Alcoa Plant in 2002. Note it's unique hose bed that lays across the top ofthe rig with sideways access instead of the rear. This was likely designed to make it easier to pull hose in the tight quarters of the industrial plant.

Elberfeld Volunteer Fire Department

Brush Unit 53 -1977 Jeep CJ-7/1990 FD Custom - 100gpm/120gal

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/741/brush53561034661.jpg

Southeast Daviess Fire District

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1581/stat1ds1349337.jpg

Stat 1 - 1991 Ford Econoline/Stratus Specialty Vehicles

SEFD's Stat 1 is first-due for medical responses. This rig originally served the city of Akron, OH.

Southwest Medical EMS Services

SW1 - 2005 Ford E-450/2006 Demers ALS Ambulance

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1729/sw1ds1650745.jpg

SW7 - 1995 Ford E-350/First Response Inc type II

This rig formerly served as SW1 and resides in Odon as a spare unit.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4643/sw7ds1507404.jpg

Notice the lights in the hood above the headlights.

A Mobil prison:

dsc09183.jpg

KE53 FKM is an Iveco van which tows a massive custody unit for the BTP (British Transport Police). The idea is that the vehicle can move around the country where it can be used at a major event to provide temporary prisoner cells. The van is fitted with two small blue lights in its front grill.

dsc09182.jpg

The rear view of the trailer. The inset shows the inside view of the central corridor leading to the individual cells.

the-police-truck-321235183.jpg

POLICE are using their own articulated lorry in the fight against dangerous truckers on Midland motorways.

For two weeks, officers from the Central Motorway Police Group turned truckers to patrol the Midland motorway network.

From the cab, they were high enough to see if lorry drivers were illegally using mobile phones, watching a DVD on a laptop or doing anything else dangerous.

During the crackdown, the first of its kind, police caught a man driving a 44-ton articulated lorry and sorting through CDs at the same time. He was charged with careless driving.

PC Angus Nairn said: “One police officer drives the truck while another sits in the passenger seat armed with a handheld video ­camera ready to film into the cab of a truck as we overtake.

“If an offence is being committed, or the driver’s behaviour arouses suspicion, the officer will radio through to an unmarked police car following behind.

“This will move into position, turn on its blue lights and signal for the truck to pull over.”

Errant truckers should note that the truck, pictured on the M5 near Worcester, won’t have the distinctive police insignia – that was just for the photo-shoot.

The top-of-the-range vehicle was loaned by manufacturer Scania UK. When the operation begins again, officers will use a ­different unmarked truck.

weedchopper.jpg

The dutch have a new toy....

It's a "weed chopper" :smoke:

"The 'Canna Chopper' is an unmanned miniature helicopter fitted with "odor and video detection instruments" that locates your field of (pipe) dreams in the Netherlands and notifies authorities. Needless to say, it's the polar opposite of a ROFLCOPTER.

On its maiden voyage it managed to locate a cannabis farm and officers arrested seven growers and recovered several kilos of the outlawed weed. Now all it needs is a gun attached to its underside and it could make its own arrests.

Robot, kill it. And also, stay the hell away from my basement, nothing to see down there. Smell -- what smell? Well, can't say I didn't warn you. *pew pew*

Dutch 'Canna Chopper' sniffs out cannabis fields from the air [dvice]

Thanks to twellve and Mr. Fancy, who are both smart enough to know that drugs your screw up brain real bad. "

In relation to the lorry in one of the previous posts, I remember seeing a high Volkswagen LT35 with a camera mounted in the top of the vehicle (just underneath the roof) on Danish TV a few years ago that was used to do the same job as the lorry was used for in the West Midlands.

Looks more like a hearse than an ambulance.

Very nice!

The dutch have a new toy....

It's a "weed chopper" :smoke:

Its not that odd. Indiana State Police have one, but its actually a regular chopper, not unmanned.

A newer Rosenbauer (took the pic at the Great St. Louis Fire Engine Rally in September lol (I think it was September) )

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/S.../IMG_0781-1.jpg

Do I see a black colored light on the side? That seems a bit silly to me, but looks awesome aside form that, and I think FD should always use all red lighting.

http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wolfhart/basf.JPG

Using jet engines with added water

Thatd be great fore h-irise fires.