Guest mrpolice1996

Weird and Unusual Emergency Units

I loved that episode, i love top gear!! :P

It took me a while to understand the comments between Hammonds police jeep and coming from San Fransico :P

It was a good episode, but I prefered it when the Constable Stig pursued them around the track in the white van man challenge. And Hammond tried a Scandinavian flick :P

Guest mrpolice1996
It took me a while to understand the comments between Hammonds police jeep and coming from San Fransico :P

It was a good episode, but I prefered it when the Constable Stig pursued them around the track in the white van man challenge. And Hammond tried a Scandinavian flick :P

I like that one too!

A tiller has the same benefit as a strait stick truck, in that they don't have the basket to block their patch with a direct entry into a building say through a window or balcony, with a basket you would first have to be raised up in the basket and then climb over the edge of the basket and into the entry point which is very dangerous I might add, and the advantage of a tiller over a strait stick is that they can maneuver better in city streets because the wheels on the tiller can be turned to provide easier handling.

In fact if you watch this video you can see this in action:

This video is of the Raleigh Fire Department's Station 1, at the station are Engine 1, Engine 13, and Ladder 4 *Formerly Ladder 1*, which had a crash in June taking a corner too fast and flipped.

I was aware of the details but none the less, I didnt realize the basket was sealed so it seems like it would be easier(in the case it wasnt sealed) to be able to step onto a platform rather then a thin ladder but i can see what you mean now. As for the tiller, I knew the turning radius was better then a tower but couldnt quite see it in my head so that video was quite interesting. Furthermore the video was amazing at that.

The fasted uk police car:

LotusPolliceAPEX_450x300.jpg

I think it can reach 155mph

still doesn't beat your helicopter :(

155 seems a bit slow for something like that. I thought most super cars could hit speeds closer to 200mph.

Guest mrpolice1996
155 seems a bit slow for something like that. I thought most super cars could hit speeds closer to 200mph.

I thought that, but it's correct :(

lamborghini-london-police.jpg

This one can reach 200 mph, owned by london police, as a demonstration car though. :(

:Oo - i think it's a bit of a waste having it but not using it!

Guest mrpolice1996
That Lamborghini was going to be in my next post 1046276347_thefinger.gif

Awesome car, isn't it. :12:

1046276347_thefinger.gif , :P

Great car, but the met should use it! i think it's a waste of money having a really expensive car and using it properly :(

Guest mrpolice1996
I'm pretty sure I head/read/saw somewhere that the Italian police Lamborghini is also used to transport organs quickly... Might've been transport medical equipment... Don't quite remember, but something to do with medicine. :P

Yes, i have heard that too

Yay, found it

However, the car is just as likely to be used for emergency deliveries such as human organs for transplant.

This is more interesting though.

Other traffic police forces which cannot boast a Lamborghini resort to devices of their own against speeders: in Russia, for example, officers have been known to shoot out the tyres of offenders with machine-guns.

:P

Is the Lotus the closest thing we have to a supercar police vehicle that's used? (Other than the subaru)

A Police Superbike, and its used :P

post-5991-1256410813.jpg

This is a Honda CBR 1000. It is used by Durham Constabulary to promote safer biking, but is also used on active duty, usually alongside a more traditional police motorbike. This rear view shows the flashing blue led mounted under the exhaust and the 'police' plate mounted from behind the registration.

I thought that, but it's correct :(

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads...ndon-police.jpg

This one can reach 200 mph, owned by london police, as a demonstration car though. :(

:Oo - i think it's a bit of a waste having it but not using it!

I knew there was a super car that reached 205, but 155 just seemed slow for the other cars. I agree its a waste. We have a DARE Mustang here thats a show car only, but we also have a few state police in the area using unmarked mustangs.

I'm pretty sure I head/read/saw somewhere that the Italian police Lamborghini is also used to transport organs quickly... Might've been transport medical equipment... Don't quite remember, but something to do with medicine. :P

I doubt itd be equipment. Theres not much space for equipment if im not mistaken.