Guest mrpolice1996

Weird and Unusual Emergency Units

wrong; fastest heli is the Hind
It says the top speed of the Hind is 208mhp and it says the Apache does 227mph
On the 11th of August 1986, G-LYNX took to the air piloted by John Egginton. He set the speed record at approximately 249 mph, or 401 km/h.

As far as I can tell, this is still the current helicopter speed record. So neither of your helicopters are faster - it's a G-LYNX

If it set the record in 1986 then it's probably not in use!

Yea, you're right. It might actually be this one:

glynx3q6.jpg

The article says that the helicopter is being restored and displayed at the national helicopter mueseum . (I'm assuming this is probably the one because they could have just gotten any LYNX helicopter instead.)

To stay on topic... Yea, this is what the helicopter looks like, and it's what Qatar uses as a police air unit.

Also tell that the Lynx who set the record was a modified one not the one who was used for combat flying(yes the lynx was a combat helo before the Cobra and Apache).

completly irrelevant - it set a record and therefore is the fastest helicopter. Hence why I said A Lynx, not the lynx. If they had said "the fastest mass produced helicopter", then fair enough - but that wasn't the statement made.

A tiller has the same benefit as a strait stick truck, in that they don't have the basket to block their patch with a direct entry into a building say through a window or balcony, with a basket you would first have to be raised up in the basket and then climb over the edge of the basket and into the entry point which is very dangerous I might add, and the advantage of a tiller over a strait stick is that they can maneuver better in city streets because the wheels on the tiller can be turned to provide easier handling.

In fact if you watch this video you can see this in action:

This video is of the Raleigh Fire Department's Station 1, at the station are Engine 1, Engine 13, and Ladder 4 *Formerly Ladder 1*, which had a crash in June taking a corner too fast and flipped.

Tiller drivers impress me beyond what i can imangine and loved the video and sum turn the page

Not Weird and Unusual but my topic :P

Which is faster - this air amblance or this traffic police car?

Traffic car:

ENGINE 2319cc, 5 cylinder in-line, turbocharged, dual overhead camshaft, 20 valve, four stroke petrol

POWER 250 BHP

DRIVE Front wheel drive, five speed gearbox

0-60TIME 7.1 seconds

ECONOMY 30 MPG

WEIGHT 1530 KG

Heil:

MAKE Messerschmitt Bolkow 105

COST £1,500,000

Answer:

The car!!

Speeds: car:155mph heli: 140mph

i wouldn't of guessed

My honda could out run this car

20080310-police%20on%20roiller%20blades%20blogcadre.jpg

Is that the Osaka Police Department?

Special Investigation Team of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department

You have a knife? We have a long poles! Charge!

Take this! *Throws Sand Bag* :P

Kochi Prefectural Police's Riot Police. Demonstration of Tactics

Just a mix of replies here.

Yes that's a photo of a lynx helicopter, but it was a specially modified one, it's speed record is very very close to the theoretical maximum speed any helicopter could ever go due to the physics involved!

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/design/helicopter/velocity.shtml

lynx-record.jpg

The Pinzgauer 6 x 6 is used by a lot of Fire Brigade in the uk for Rural Fire Fighting, but the Pinzgauer is also used for bomb disposal/carrying and a lot of military applications, here is a even more unsual Pinz...

113477d1236147102-suv-help-pinzgauertrax.jpg

The GIGN is not like a SWAT team, it is a special forces team, tasked with military policing, in and outside of france, so obviously has elements similar to SWAT, but is much more similar to the SAS/Delta Force in counter terrorism roles. Would love to see that vehice in a mod though, shame people can't mount vehicles in EM4! Hehe.

alexandrine_20071018_095851.jpggign.jpg

Gizmo & Mrpolice

In europe all cars are limited to 155mph, so its impossible for your car to go faster then that Gizmo. :P

And your forgetting the car must cover a lot more mileage, and traffic, despite having a higher top speed, whilst the helicopter has no traffic and direct line of flight, and theoretically can go faster if it has a tail wind!

Guest atsfmatt

I havent been able to find any pictures of it anymore but Pierce did a Rail Rescue truck where it had normal road wheels and then you could place railroad wheels down and ride the rail with it. I wish I could find the demo truck picture they had on there website.