Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

Mutiplayer thoughts:

After finally getting a game going, We had fun.. until someone stole the orange lambo.. We said to ignore it and it disappears but this time it didn't We couldn't even shoot the thing.. So that's one road closed for good, Whatever. Then we had problems controlling people and cars.. There was too many (Again) >_< But it was still fun to use the chase command and watch cop cars to drive up into allys chasing bad guys like an action movie..

Mutiplayer thoughts:

After finally getting a game going, We had fun.. until someone stole the orange lambo.. We said to ignore it and it disappears but this time it didn't We couldn't even shoot the thing.. So that's one road closed for good, Whatever. Then we had problems controlling people and cars.. There was too many (Again) >_< But it was still fun to use the chase command and watch cop cars to drive up into allys chasing bad guys like an action movie..

i dont know if u herd it or not, but if the car stops, and u get a foot persuit, and your watching it u hear the cop radio (out of breath ofcourse) that he's in a foot persuit and calls for a helicopter FANTASTIC!

Good job on it and the new map most of it looks like it is in Griffith park and Schaefer Ambulance has that area until 2012 when the county and city decied what ambulance company to pick.

I like and so far I have had no problem with it

Guest matt31896

Sorry to chime in off tune, but, TILLER,rockz! BTW arrangeing a personal-use mission that in the diver that I mentioned earlyer's last trip to the firehouse and making some fire trucks wth the black tarp over the light bar and the arrangement of ladder trucks with the American flag on the ladders as well as the fire truck carrying the coffin. Mod rocks, can't stop playing and I fixed then LAPP car sinking problem now :) .

Also hope to have a big and video-taped police persuit in freeplay with a loud ending!

Still having a "hidden" injured person on the game's and the mod's mission number 4 problem though :( .

Oh well :P !

goddammit, 1.9 just had to be released at the only time my normal PC has a virus... and wont reboot so now i have to use this slow ass dial-up and old ass PC in my basement :1046274283_heul:

i blame Bungie, my dad, Microsoft, and McAffee. and Gamestop, i guess. total BS, this is...

booo

Horse laxatives

Guest tonyeng42ine

You are THE MAN!! me and the guys here at work cant stop playing.. The C Platoon shift came in and was wondering where everyone was and we were all in the tv room playing the game haha..

No problems for me and keep up all the great work, your mod always makes the long work days when im stuck working the ambulace very easy and when im on the engine I take the laptop with me lol

Wow. There are a lot of goodies here in this mod.

One problem I'm having is knowing what techniques to use to control traffic. That seems to be my biggest problem. Any tips from anyone?

There is one scene where there's a yellow van truck that is just about to make a right turn at a corner but stops halfway into the turn causing a traffic jam. Not sure what's going on there but can't seem to move this same truck.

One problem I'm having is knowing what techniques to use to control traffic. That seems to be my biggest problem. Any tips from anyone?

There is one scene where there's a yellow van truck that is just about to make a right turn at a corner but stops halfway into the turn causing a traffic jam. Not sure what's going on there but can't seem to move this same truck.

As soon as you start freeplay,send a cop car to thecorner,and place oneof the cops up the road from that corner to re-direct traffic,then send the police car further down the road,and turn right go up the hill and spin car round and re direct traffic there too.

Also you need to put a cop on road next to where police cars park,to direct traffic away from intersection,then traffic should be fine then

Send a motorcycle cop to the intersection where the truck stops, and redirect ALL southbound traffic the whole game, otherwise the same truck keeps getting stuck every 5 minuets or less. I find if you do this usually traffic flows pretty smoothly, but I also keep one motorcycle cop on stand by at the intersection where the two 4 lane roads meet.

My Thoughts

Well to begin its a new map, so new events, new places to explore, new dispatch policy, and breaks up the old monogamy. In addition to that we get a new Fire House (St. 2), and new building such as Walmart, and Ralphs, and a nice river.

Dislikes:

The Tiller, I've always thought the rear of the tiller seemed off. For any given reason the tiller can fish tale, as if the rear driver was drunk. I know we said the games engine didn't permit this engine, and we wrote it off. Also, when you place a FF on the ladder he looks as though hes standing straight up when you raise the ladder, we know this is impossible, but it happens. I won't complain though seeing as we got something we first thought impossible, after intense discussion. These tiller issues may be fixed in the future, maybe not, for now I'm content with the normal ladder. I'd add some suggestions, but I believe they'd interfere with the tillers realism.

Traffic: Pathing issues? Will this get fixed, or will traffic jams always bug us.

Overwhelming: The first call I got was the normal stroke, fall, etc. Then a hostage situation, not long after that a fire, I put the fire out then theirs a car accident, while I'm dealing with that a riot breaks out. All the while I'm dealing with the hostage situation, and hes shooting at my police who are returning fire. On top of that I'm dealing with a car accident a block away, near a shrub fire.

I like the realism lol, but just feel overwhelmed at my dispatch center :P

My thoughts .. love the game, liked to see a few minor changes, that's about it though.

Great game! What can be done about the fires, it seems like if a building is on fire, all of the buildings around it will be on fire within a few minutes, cars are blowing up, etc. You have fire jumping arcoss streets to other buildings like crazy, but other than that and the traffic, by the way I place traffic cones on the major roads where all of the traffic spawns from. This will help a lot also and this will free up officers.

Great game! What can be done about the fires, it seems like if a building is on fire, all of the buildings around it will be on fire within a few minutes, cars are blowing up, etc. You have fire jumping arcoss streets to other buildings like crazy, but other than that and the traffic, by the way I place traffic cones on the major roads where all of the traffic spawns from. This will help a lot also and this will free up officers.

The fires spreading quickly adds the realism,and i love it,makes it more of a challenge,with buildings so close the fires would spread quicker,and spreading across the roads would be the burning embers from the original fire,and with LA being quite dry fire spreads quicker,i love it,a much more fresher and La feel to the game now

Traffic: Pathing issues? Will this get fixed, or will traffic jams always bug us.

Lots of such opinions Ive heard here. Im really shocked! How do U make traffic jams? Post screenshots please!

This http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&id=3107

caused by redirecting traffic! Be careful to redirect! Frankly speaking its no need to redirect at all!

At the accident scene just place your units the way not to block traffic. If its impossible - let civil car to wait till you finish your work at the scene. Dont redirect traffic.

Yes, Patroling in the west part of the map does cause jams. Just redirect patrol car wich follows that path to patrol clockwise and it wont cause a single jam!

The only buggy place is -

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5171/lamod19bug1.th.png

Thats the bad bag. You have to redirect traffic here and it is the reason of jam in the first pic.

Beforу the patch2 out, try to find where that thread comes from and block it there.

Or use the editor to fix this problem (move west VirtObj to the west)

Lets enjoy the new map, guys! :gut:

Hey Hoppah, if there is say a house fire, all the traffic in the street around that, automatically just stops driving. It wont go, it wont listen to traffic controlling or anything.

I'm very happy with the new stuff though, it seems we all just hate the traffic lol

Its only certain fires, not all.

Lots of such opinions Ive heard here. Im really shocked! How do U make traffic jams? Post screenshots please!

This http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&id=3107

caused by redirecting traffic! Be careful to redirect! Frankly speaking its no need to redirect at all!

At the accident scene just place your units the way not to block traffic. If its impossible - let civil car to wait till you finish your work at the scene. Dont redirect traffic.

Yes, Patroling in the west part of the map does cause jams. Just redirect patrol car wich follows that path to patrol clockwise and it wont cause a single jam!

The only buggy place is -

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5171/lamod19bug1.th.png

Thats the bad bag. You have to redirect traffic here and it is the reason of jam in the first pic.

Beforу the patch2 out, try to find where that thread comes from and block it there.

Or use the editor to fix this problem (move west VirtObj to the west)

Lets enjoy the new map, guys! :gut:

The first screen shot has nothing to do with redirecting traffic. Its a path issue. Nor does the second area have anything to do with the first. Again the first is a pathing issue, or so it seems. I havent looked at the paths but it seems like a path issue for sure.