Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

I didn't see this one listed in Hoppah's first post so I thought I'd mention it.

When an ambulance goes to the hospital with a victum and the fire station is full, it, almost always (for me) has an issue finding it's way back to the patrol paths. I fixed it on my map by deleting a fence between buildings to the south so the ambulance can get to the path that way.

The chase command is in Freeplay mode as i have used it successfully a number of times. click on a patrol car and then the icon is in the bottom right corner of the menu. I am at work at the moment so i don't have it in front of me at this point in time to give a better description of it.

Cheers

Aaron (Hairyman)

[/quote

Ok I figured it out,for some reason when I start the mod from within the game it was seemed it was loading the old menus ect.

So if i load it from desktop all is good,Besides the rain and traffic jams Oh and the BOX cars I have something missing as i get a vehicle thats just a blue grid box with model missing or something written on it.

Hi all,

I've a stupid question : Is it possible to play with my friends on the new freeplay map ? Many people ask me, I will give them a clear answer :)

QUOTE (Sgt.Wulf @ Sep 27 2009, 09:19 PM) *

Is there any way I can make the new map set for multiplayer? I dont care if it is buggy, i just want to know how? I renamed all the the freeplay-files to multiplayer and copied them, so now there is multiplayer.dds, e4m and eft. Only porblem is that the layot is totally wrong, buildings in wrogn places, over the water and such.

What files do i need to rename and to what to make it good?

I only play with my brother on the LAN, so I dont care about compatibility.

Renaming freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds to multiplayer.e4m and multiplayer.dds should be enough. The fire stations probably won't work though.

So, as you see, it is possible.

Go to your emergency game directory. From there, navigate this path: mods --> la mod 1.9 or whatever --> maps

From the "maps" folder you find these two files, freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds

Copy these both to the same directory. After that, rename the copies both to multiplayer.e4m and multiplayer.dds, respectively.

How do I start the LA Mod? Do I go through 911 FR or what exactly?

when the vehicles stop the sirens stay on, not sure if its a bug or not

I've notice that too. Its annoying.

Guest madforce

Once in a while it happens, usually notice at the start of a game, simply reload and its fine for me.

On another topic...

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but I noticed that when using the standard LAPD CV, they utilize two additional parking spaces at the donut shop. While humorous, and I like the idea, I noticed once parked, they do not get called back out when using the BC. I'm not sure if this was intended, but I just edited the LACallPatrolCar.script as follows and they will now get dispatched from the donut shop.

Added:

const char VO_PARK04[] = "policestation_park04";

const char VO_PARK05[] = "policestation_park05";

and edited the section lower in the file to now look like:

IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_PARK01) || aCar->

IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_PARK02) || aCar->

IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_PARK03) || aCar->

IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_PARK04) || aCar->

IsCollidingWithVirtualObject(VO_PARK05)))

That solved that problem. I noticed that only the standard CV uses those 2 spaces at the donut shop, I'm thinking of simply editing out the donut check in "if (Donut && !ParkinglotFound)" in the topolice script so any parkable vehicle can use and get called into service from that location.

Still not sure yet how to fix the ambulance deal, I'm a beginner with 911, Removing the streets that are defined in the hospital parking lot and leaving only the one going to the hospital entrance did nothing. I'm guessing it's just looking for the nearest path and it happens to be on the otherside of that sizable unpassable object (building) lol

Bug or not, it adds realism. If you watch any police videos or say an episode of 'Cops' 8 out of 10 times, they leave the vehicle with the siren and lights still on. I'd assume that's probably because getting the criminal is more important than making sure you have happy game play.

IMO... :holdglass:

Guest madforce
Bug or not, it adds realism. If you watch any police videos or say an episode of 'Cops' 8 out of 10 times, they leave the vehicle with the siren and lights still on. I'd assume that's probably because getting the criminal is more important than making sure you have happy game play.

IMO... :holdglass:

Once in awhile is fine ;) but usually when it occurs, it happens to all vehicles all the time. So when a wreck or major fire happens and you have 5-6 units active at a scene, is it any more realistic for everyone of them to be active? :) But like I said, it's happened maybe twice to me, and usually notice at the onset of a new freeplay, quick reload and the issue is gone so it's really easy to manage around.

Guest madforce
Hey Hoppah,

I had an issue where on the freeplay map Ambulances that attempt to patrol after dropping off a patient at the hospital get stuck. They try to go through some buildings as opposed to going out to the road.

Good to see LAMod is still progressing. Excellent!

Cheers,

Stubbers

Yeah, I'm thinking of trying to cut that car and knock down the fence and see if they'll drive straight thru between the buildings so they can start patrol. Not optimal, but it may work...afterall..we cant get any of them follow traffic laws during their patrol either...lol

There is a tutorial that tells you how to change the weather.

I forgot how to find the tutorial, could you enlighten me please on my PM :sorrysign: ?

I'm getting a lot of gridlock on traffic jams after a while it gets annoying.

Guest madforce
I forgot how to find the tutorial, could you enlighten me please on my PM :sorrysign: ?

I'm getting a lot of gridlock on traffic jams after a while it gets annoying.

At the start of freeplay, send a patrol to redirect or just place a cone in the curbside lane of the main 4 lane road coming into town up by the hospital drive. There are some vehicles in that path that will get hung later down the road and start some backups. Some have edited out the traffic light, I edited out the vehicles that hang. To each their own, but blocking that lane solves some of the jamming issue as once they start backing up on that path, it immediately affects another, then eventually another, and later another and so on.

Yeah, I'm thinking of trying to cut that car and knock down the fence and see if they'll drive straight thru between the buildings so they can start patrol. Not optimal, but it may work...afterall..we cant get any of them follow traffic laws during their patrol either...lol

I posted a few posts ahead of you....I deleted a pair of cars and a fence and my ambulances go fine now.

Guest madforce
I posted a few posts ahead of you....I deleted a pair of cars and a fence and my ambulances go fine now.

Ah didn't catch it, but those were my thoughts exactly over dinner of doing the exact same thing.

So, as you see, it is possible.

Go to your emergency game directory. From there, navigate this path: mods --> la mod 1.9 or whatever --> maps

From the "maps" folder you find these two files, freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds

Copy these both to the same directory. After that, rename the copies both to multiplayer.e4m and multiplayer.dds, respectively.

Thanks dude :cheers:

Released patch 2. All information you need:

Patch 2

* DOWNLOAD *

Includes all previous patches

Size: 1,77 mb

Patch 2 fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed intersection where traffic got stuck on the new map

- Fixed physics of the pawn shop building on the new map

- Fixed several issues with the chase command

- Fixed rain which never stopped in freeplay mode

- Fixed diver not being available in mission 7

- Fixed HAZMAT squad parking problems at FS2

Patch 1 (included) fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed missing building on the new map

- Fixed physics of Wal-Mart building

- Added icons to the minimap of the new map

- Added traffic lights to three intersections on the new map

- Trailer of the tiller is invulerable to fire now

This patch updates the mod to: v1.9.2

if i download the complete mod again will it include the patches or will i have to download the patches also

(new computer :grinsevil: )

You would still have to download and install patch 2. Hoppah hasn't uploaded an improved version of the mod yet.

I just saw he edited the download file so now I'm not sure anymore he hasn't uploaded the new mod or not.

But the installer autodetects if the patch is already installed, so you can just try. If the mod already includes the patches, the installer won't install them again.