Hoppah

Additional Units Submod

Hey all...

First off, thank you Hoppah for creating this mod and to all those who worked on the additional subunits mod, I use 'em both daily. :D

I have a slight issue though, I'm hoping maybe someone could enlighten me on it...

I changed around the available personnel for the ATF CV exactly as FortErieFireEli illustrated, but it disappeared from my available units list in Freeplay.

Still shows up in the editor, just not in the actual game.

Any ideas? I'm baffled...

Can you post the edited files for us to look at?

Surely...

<personnel>
<unit id="ATF_AGENT">
<defaultcount value="2" />
</unit>
<unit id="ATF_SWAT" />
<unit id="ATF_SWAT_SHARPSHOOTER" />
<unit id="LAPD_OFFICER">
<unit id="LASD_OFFICER">
</personnel>

This is the only thing I've changed at all...

This bit is wrong. Copy my version into the file and replace the wrong bit.
				<unit id="LAPD_OFFICER">
<unit id="LASD_OFFICER">

<unit id="LAPD_OFFICER" />
<unit id="LASD_OFFICER" />

It was only a small mistake. It should now work. ;)

Well, I just tried it...

It got the CV back into Freeplay mode, but it only shows ATF units as available personnel.

I guess I could just transfer LAPD/LASD officers from another car into it.

Funny thing is I copied the code for the officers directly out of a working patrol car, go figure, haha.

EDIT: Figured it out - Forgot to add those tags to the freeplay section of the unit.xml. Silly me :P

Thanks for highlighting my simple mistake, randomperson! :D

Okay, I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but no matter what I do, it won't let me do anything. I have installed the v2.0 of the LAMod, and downloaded the v1.1 of the submod, but when I install the submod, and access the LAMod, it won't give me the extra vehicles. I followed all the directions, but it still isn't working. I would greatly appreciate any help.

It's a script error. Did you add the patrol command to some vehicles that aren't supposed to have it?

No, I installed LA mod 2.0 first and then downloaded this submod and installed it too without making any edits to the files..

No, I installed LA mod 2.0 first and then downloaded this submod and installed it too without making any edits to the files..

When exactly did you get the error? What were you doing at the time? Was it with a LA MOD vehicle or an AUS vehicle?

When exactly did you get the error? What were you doing at the time? Was it with a LA MOD vehicle or an AUS vehicle?

When I got this error I had nothing selected, but I have several PD and EMS units patroling the city at that time.

I know more about it now, it happend every time an ALS or BLS unit wants to start a patrol after they dropped their patient at the hospital and the script notices that the firestations are full. After some clicking in the error menu, the script is mod/scripts/game/commands/lapatrol.script and it has to do something with what is in line 96..

Okay, I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, but no matter what I do, it won't let me do anything. I have installed the v2.0 of the LAMod, and downloaded the v1.1 of the submod, but when I install the submod, and access the LAMod, it won't give me the extra vehicles. I followed all the directions, but it still isn't working. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Clear your cache and cookies and try again.

A patch takes too much time to create, as well as rereleasing the whole submod. I fixed the following two script errors and released the fixed files:

- SWAT SUV has no siren

- Patrol command script crash

How to install?

1. Download and extract the package.

2. Move the two files to the following folder and overwrite the old files:

\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Scripts\Game\Command\

3. Done

Hoppah

Command.zip