Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Small update on the new civilian cars.

I replaced the former taxi model (Chevrolet Caddilac) with a Ford Crown Victoria. I've also added a couple of new civilians cars.

Screenshot:

carfleet.th.jpg

1. 2006 Ford Econoline by MikeyPI

2. 1994 Chevrolet Caprice by Hoppah

3. 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe by MikeyPI

4. 2002 Honda Accord by MikeyPI

5. 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X by Martijntjuh

6. 2002 Ford Crown Victoria by nfspsd, lash00t0ut & Hoppah

7. 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan / Limosine by MikeyPI

8. 2007 Dodge Charger by Hoppah

New cars are in production and planned. I hope to add a couple of pick-up trucks soon.

Hoppah

Hoppah, you are incredible :smoke:

I'd like to have it so that I can have every fire, police and tech resource on call on the map.

That would be way too much.

The cars that Hoppah showed look awesome!

Also, for Mikey, I'm guessing it's the traffic lights that are the issue, since they usually let one car go at a time. Is also still an issue with Police Patrols, as they don't follow if the light is red or green and they end up getting stuck and back up traffic until I get the Police to get out and have them wave everyone around. Traffic lights are hardcoded so there can be no changes to them?

Guest Zohar

I have a question, are there going to be any 4 lanes roads? (2 each way)

Since a highway will take to long to create you say, I like to use my CHP officers on the 4 lane roads, will there be any?

Thanks.

If you look on the map you will see, not to mention several of my previous statements mention that there are 2 four-lane roads present... they are "avenue" type roads but indeed 4 lanes.

Brendon, the lights are not restricted to one car at all, you can permit more to proceed by adjusting the timing of the light, which is what we must manage to do. We have to figure out the traffic speed and traffic light times to ensure that ALL traffic flows evenly and correctly, regardless of human interference. You can set the lights to stay green longer, which will/does work for smaller local roads crossing the primary road, you may set the primary road time to permit more vehicles to proceed through, while making the local roads have a shorter duration.. The problem with our pathing is that we must make sure that everything flows correctly, we are not quite to that point yet. Once we get there it will take some time of trial and error as well as testing them to ensure proper function for X time; after which time if it goes unstable then we no longer will worry about it. ALL traffic patterns in the game if interfered with can be "broken", but generally speaking without ANY interference they should be able to work indefinately. Problem for us is, that we/you will be interfering with traffic flows so we have to ensure there is a tolerance that is generally acceptable for traffic to be disrupted by our vehicles, as long as you stay under that tolerance level the game should proceed normally. IF you for example were to block the outside lane and attempt to redirect without redirecting an inside lane on the 4-lane road first you would definately cause a blockage that might terminate the flow of the traffic.. We still have a very good way left to go with all of the "little" things that most people won't see unless they look in the editor but the progress is moving along so that's a positive.=)

Read The forum, than ask the questions. The answer would be no because there is not enough room and if you notice on TV Show chips they spent road time on city streets to. I use the CHP to take care of traffic accidents and back up.

Guest Taylor
Read The forum, than ask the questions. The answer would be no because there is not enough room and if you notice on TV Show chips they spent road time on city streets to. I use the CHP to take care of traffic accidents and back up.

I wouldn't take anything more than a grain of salt from things you saw on TV.

I wouldn't take anything more than a grain of salt from things you saw on TV.

Just an example. State police in most states will be off highway to be in route to or from somewhere and has jurisdiction all over the state. :popcorn:

IF you for example were to block the outside lane and attempt to redirect without redirecting an inside lane on the 4-lane road first you would definately cause a blockage that might terminate the flow of the traffic.. We still have a very good way left to go with all of the "little" things that most people won't see unless they look in the editor but the progress is moving along so that's a positive.=)

So let me get this right for the sake of 4 lane roads..when a cop redirects traffic he will only redirect one lane or the other depending on where he positioned in the road?So we can redirect the inner lane first, have the outer lane proceed a bit further, then turn around? or does that apply to this map only?

Just an example. State police in most states will be off highway to be in route to or from somewhere and has jurisdiction all over the state. :popcorn:

They may use some local access roads but I would imagine highways are by far more common routes. Plus, here atleast, over half the state is nothing but corn fields and alot of cuntry roads, the good majority, are highways anyways. Of course soem are more traveled then others. Here though, yes state boys do traffic stops and some back up in the city but I would say out of 10 traffic stops you would see, only 1/10 are probably initiated by ISP. I believe that alot of time you see them with in city limits they are most likley going off duty and heading to or from the station.

Yes you're exactly right that is how you have to redirect traffic effectively, if you don't they will run into one another and become quite messy fairly fast.... Depending on the road layout IF it is long enough it may not apply to all, but with ours it definately will due to the spawn point locations vs the length of the road. Generally to avoid frustration i'd do that same behavior on ALL 4 lane roads, cops/cars can only redirect ONE lane at a time, not multiple lanes due to how paths work.

Yes you're exactly right that is how you have to redirect traffic effectively, if you don't they will run into one another and become quite messy fairly fast.... Depending on the road layout IF it is long enough it may not apply to all, but with ours it definately will due to the spawn point locations vs the length of the road. Generally to avoid frustration i'd do that same behavior on ALL 4 lane roads, cops/cars can only redirect ONE lane at a time, not multiple lanes due to how paths work.

I am not sure if this is possible but on multi lane roads (more then one line in the same directions) Is it possible instead of having the cars turn around to go into the next lane over?

Correct, each path has a different name, so they can't hop onto a new path, perhaps with a script but you'd have to know what two paths are crossing, that isnt so easy to figure out on the fly, in a mission maybe it'd work in freeplay it would probrably be highly problematic.

Correct, each path has a different name, so they can't hop onto a new path, perhaps with a script but you'd have to know what two paths are crossing, that isnt so easy to figure out on the fly, in a mission maybe it'd work in freeplay it would probrably be highly problematic.

Im not sure what you mean by on the fly? From a programing end or the game processing end? I am guessing the games end?

im not exactly sure, but couldnt you just add the patrol command to the unit?

Why? Never in my firefighting life there were any Battalion units ever patrolled. They would conduct fire dept business by going from point A to point B. They did not patrol. They conserve fuel and watch the budget for the departments. Besides, what would he be looking for? Fires? Broken Hydrants? Cats up trees? What? :cheers-mate::holdglass:

Two of the identical pictures removed by PyroThijs

Thank You as I'm pleased for what you did for me. :danke:

post-2116-1240877416_thumb.jpg

Edited by cosres

Guest RescueMe
How did this thread become an "idea thread" for the entire mod, when it was supposed to be about the new freeplay map?

:nixweiss:

Some of administrators must delete ot move some of the posts, because this topic gonna to be chat room.

RescueMe

Why'd you attach the same picture twice?

Also I think the Battalion chief should remain where he is.

I wasn't sure if it took the first time so I reduced it and again. I tried to edit it by taking it off but I did not how. Please excuse me as I screwed up.LOL..... :sorrysign: