w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Guest RescueMe
That means a script error with LAFireStation Start... It is looking for something that isn't there, so the map won't load until that is fixed..

I copy the data several times to make sure that no problems and nothing :( Later I'll try again...

RescueMe

Other bug,found by another member

*Gunman near club,if you dont delete him or arrest him,no events will ever start

actually it is the man by the train station and it is true once he is at the police station events start

PS: anyone had a police event or is it me?

Guest GB619

Yes the gunman is near the train station,but he is in the road where all the clubs are.

And as for the firestation script,i too had that error,i copied the script,but it could not find it,so i just dropped old script back in.

Besides once you have emptied the firestation,when the trucks return,they face the right way

And i have had police events,hostage taking and shoplifter,but i no longer have map installed,see previous posts

Guest RescueMe

Yes the gunman is near the train station,but he is in the road where all the clubs are.

And as for the firestation script,i too had that error,i copied the script,but it could not find it,so i just dropped old script back in.

Besides once you have emptied the firestation,when the trucks return,they face the right way

And i have had police events,hostage taking and shoplifter,but i no longer have map installed,see previous posts

I use the old script... (at the moment)

Thanks for the response.

RescueMe

Bugs

* Traffic is driving slower if you run the map in the standard version

* Some path issues with the second firestation.

* In the first station the engines are standing reversed. (fix for it below)

* Ambu from hospital to FS1 drives trough the forest (sometimes)

* in the deluxe version events take a few minutes to start.

* sometimes traffic jams in the village (lower left corner)

Bugs i have found so far

*A pedestrian keeps walking into street where clubs are and causing traffic jam

*BLS ambulance will not park at firestation 2

*Path issue to second firestation,the fire trucks rock back and forth on spot

*police helicopter can be sent to police staion,but not back to HQ

*Rescue heli can not be sent back to HQ,so your stuck with it on map

*accident near cow field,grain silo canbe lifted but not taken away by recovery truck

*too many traffic issues to list,but to say after about 40 minutes of play,there are traffic jams in many places

*Gunman near club,if you dont delete him or arrest him,no events will ever start

The map is good i agree,but i can see why you were frustrated wOOd,so alas i have removed it from my game as too many issues to fix :cry:

Well I am not frustrated, because all this issue are fixable. But it takes so much time to 1 > open the editor, load the map, make some changes, save, start the game, test it and back to point 1. And I don't want to take that time anymore.

And the traffic jams are easy to fix by lowering the amount of traffic at the spawn points. But I choose to at more traffic, because that's more realistic. Only with that are coming a lot of other issues.

You can also find the solutions in the intersections. Each intersection has 4 traffic lights. Normally you will link them al together, so only 1 traffic light can go on green at the same time. But that is not realistic, so what I did is that I made at small intersection 2 sets of traffic lights, this way 2 individual traffic lights can have green light at the same time. So traffic from opposite direction can drive at the same time. This speeds up the amount of traffic that's driving around. But also causes some traffic issue. (But there is the police for ;) ).

All the bugs that you listed, beside the traffic issue, are easy to fix within a hour. Maybe I will look at it tonight when I am home.

Guest GB619
Well I am not frustrated, because all this issue are fixable. But it takes so much time to 1 > open the editor, load the map, make some changes, save, start the game, test it and back to point 1. And I don't want to take that time anymore.

And the traffic jams are easy to fix by lowering the amount of traffic at the spawn points. But I choose to at more traffic, because that's more realistic. Only with that are coming a lot of other issues.

You can also find the solutions in the intersections. Each intersection has 4 traffic lights. Normally you will link them al together, so only 1 traffic light can go on green at the same time. But that is not realistic, so what I did is that I made at small intersection 2 sets of traffic lights, this way 2 individual traffic lights can have green light at the same time. So traffic from opposite direction can drive at the same time. This speeds up the amount of traffic that's driving around. But also causes some traffic issue. (But there is the police for ;) ).

All the bugs that you listed, beside the traffic issue, are easy to fix within a hour. Maybe I will look at it tonight when I am home.

What you are forgetting is that many here dont know how to edit the map.

So the fixes are not easy

You dont have time to fix these,yet you expect others to fix them for you

Thats ok,but thats not fair to the rest of the community

You release a map you should support the map

As one of the sites MODS has said many times,it not upto others to support someone else's MOD

Im not here to say what is right or wrong,and you did put alot of effort into this Map,but maybe you should have offered what you have done to another team to continue,and you would still have got alot of credit for your hard work,and then they could have released the Map

I could fix some of the issues,but many on here can't,thats what has to be remembered

Peace out to all

:juggle:

That's true, but nobody has asked me if he can continue the map. And as allready mentioned, you can play the map at the moment, only with some issues. And I don't expect others to fix the problems, but I give them the uppertunity ;).

But as I allready told I will try to fix some problem tonight.

Guest GB619
That's true, but nobody has asked me if he can continue the map. And as allready mentioned, you can play the map at the moment, only with some issues. And I don't expect others to fix the problems, but I give them the uppertunity ;).

But as I allready told I will try to fix some problem tonight.

I ranted too much in my last post,so :sorrysign: for that.

I am working on fixing the path issues

The BLS ambulance one will have to be someone elses fix

I will continue on trying to fix some issues,and test them

Hopefully the map willbe better

Also will see if the script for FS1 will work,as this still refuses to do anything...lol

Guest RescueMe
I ranted too much in my last post,so :sorrysign: for that.

I am working on fixing the path issues

The BLS ambulance one will have to be someone elses fix

I will continue on trying to fix some issues,and test them

Hopefully the map willbe better

Also will see if the script for FS1 will work,as this still refuses to do anything...lol

And when you fix some problems, you'll upload the map repaired?

RescueMe

Guest GB619

To fix firestation One issue

First back up your original firestation start script

Then open up the firestation start script and delete everything below the title,

See below

//********************************************************************************

// #Version 1.0#

//

// Includes: Start command de spawn vehicles.

//

// - VcmdStart

//

// Script by Hoppah

//

// Usage of this script in other mods is NOT allowed without permission of Hoppah

//

//********************************************************************************

Then copy all text below the above title in previous post and paste in your firestation start script folder.

I found that if you deleted the above text in your original folder and added the complete copy posted in previous post,it caused a conflict,not sure why,but still credit goes to the member that posted the script with hoppahs permission,all i did was find how to get it too work

So far i have fixed at least 10 path issues with map,as they were not connected(still more to do)

Edited the traffic flow and wait points,still some work to do

Im going to add some extra traffic lights at some points as the traffic clearly needs to be managed

Got rid of gunman

found a way to resolve ambulance that sometimes goes through forest

BLS Bug to FS2(Dont know how to fix.i believe it is a scripting error,as the door at rear does not open so BLS ambulance cant enter FS2

New Bug

*Fire plane will not drop water or go anywhere near forest near railway tracks(could this be a script error?

Great job on fixing some of the bugs. Last night I played the map and found some other bugs. I can easly fix those bugs, but then one of us will have to do that work over.

At the moment there are 3 people, as far as I know, working on the map. GB619, Soldjaboy and me (for this week).

So maybe it's an idea to keep one list of bugs updated with the ones that are fix (and by who) that are new and who is working on the bug. We probably won't work at the same time on the map so if we spread the map around (with the use of rapidshare for example), then we can fix most of the bugs in a short amount of time.

The bug list at this moment

* In the first station the engines are standing reversed. (Soldjaboy & GB619)

* Ambu from hospital to FS1 drives trough the forest (GB619)

* in the deluxe version events take a few minutes to start. > gunman (jab16)

* sometimes traffic jams in the village (lower left corner) > add traffic lights?

*A pedestrian keeps walking into street where clubs are and causing traffic jam (witch one?)

*BLS ambulance will not park at firestation 2 > rear door is wrong?

*accident near cow field,grain silo canbe lifted but not taken away by recovery truck

*too many traffic issues to list,but to say after about 40 minutes of play,there are traffic jams in many places

*Person under white building next to the police station

*People float above the brigde at the lake

*Bus stop at the double lane B-road isn't active yet.

*Rerouting traffic that is coming from the parkingbuilding results at roadblok at the parkingbuilding.

*It is possible to lower the motorboat in the water, but you can't land anywhere with it.

*Fire plane will not drop water or go anywhere near forest near railway tracks(could this be a script error?

*Person path issue at the construction site. People are walking trough / around the fences.

Bugs

* In the first station the engines are standing reversed. (fix for it below)

* Ambu from hospital to FS1 drives trough the forest (sometimes)

* in the deluxe version events take a few minutes to start.

* sometimes traffic jams in the village (lower left corner)

Bugs i have found so far

*A pedestrian keeps walking into street where clubs are and causing traffic jam

*BLS ambulance will not park at firestation 2

The map is good i agree,but i can see why you were frustrated wOOd,so alas i have removed it from my game as too many issues to fix :cry:

I have found BLS Ambulance does go into fire station 2 after adding another step. When it doesn't go in the first time, just click 'to firestation' again and it should drive around back and go right in with no problem. But the bug still needs to be looked into.

I did get incidents after deleting gunmen.

"police helicopter can be sent to police staion,but not back to HQ

*Rescue heli can not be sent back to HQ,so your stuck with it on map"

couldn't this just be because it dose not have the command?

Guest GB619
I have found BLS Ambulance does go into fire station 2 after adding another step. When it doesn't go in the first time, just click 'to firestation' again and it should drive around back and go right in with no problem. But the bug still needs to be looked into.

I did get incidents after deleting gunmen.

I did try to send BLS back to firestation several times,but each time it went to back of firestation,stopped,then went and parked in front of station,and was unavailable to be called by bat chief,so i leave it on standby at hospital

As for police heli and rescue heli,i will look to see if command is added

Thanks for that idea jab16

@wood,have you got base of map,cos if i add traffic lights i need to add the stop marks on road,but without floor plan that i can open in photoshop i cant change that,is it possible for me to have that,i will only change if thats ok with you

As far as uploading the fixed version of the map, how would I do so?

Hmm I am guessing you would just need to upload the e4m file, but to be safe if you upload all 3 files then that should do the trick.

Maybe latter I can look at the map and see what I can do as far as lending a hand to fix some of these bugs. In wich case, soldjaboy, if i get your fixed paths and such I should be able to work on fixing up some of the other path among other issues.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the LAMOD 1.8 used to, buy vehicles and send them to your location, when ordered. Now with this map, I get

vehicle not available. So I have to buy all the vehicles first?

Gary

Hmm I am guessing you would just need to upload the e4m file, but to be safe if you upload all 3 files then that should do the trick.

Maybe latter I can look at the map and see what I can do as far as lending a hand to fix some of these bugs. In wich case, soldjaboy, if i get your fixed paths and such I should be able to work on fixing up some of the other path among other issues.

You only need to upload the em4 file. That file contains the everything besides the underground and the small mini map. The underground is the .eft file (the big one). The other one is the minimap.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the LAMOD 1.8 used to, buy vehicles and send them to your location, when ordered. Now with this map, I get

vehicle not available. So I have to buy all the vehicles first?

Gary

Well you should be able to just buy the vehicles just like the normal freeplay maps.

In a not moded LAMOD 1.8 When you use the chief, and select a button for a vehicle and you did not own one, the script would then auto buy the vehicle and send to the location you choose

I did try to send BLS back to firestation several times,but each time it went to back of firestation,stopped,then went and parked in front of station,and was unavailable to be called by bat chief,so i leave it on standby at hospital

As for police heli and rescue heli,i will look to see if command is added

Thanks for that idea jab16

@wood,have you got base of map,cos if i add traffic lights i need to add the stop marks on road,but without floor plan that i can open in photoshop i cant change that,is it possible for me to have that,i will only change if thats ok with you

About the BLS again, when it tries to leave and head back toward the front of the station, I hit it 3 more times and that's when it went in. I'm wondering if it may be the pathing that is needing work.

It probably is that pathing that is the problem there...

Well, I just installed a new hard drive so I don't have it installed yet but I may fix all the pathing and upload it on here for you all to download and that gunman will be deleted so events will start.