w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Guest GB619

Unfortunately,due to me and soldjaboy being really busy with work,we cant possible release any update on the 4th of july,it better to get some more things done,so please be patient and an update will come soon

There is a thread for the map if you wanted to make a request. But furthermore, Wood stopped working on that map and a separate team is working on it now. That team will release updates and release the map when they are ready to. No need for a request in the LA Mod forum about a submod with it's own thread.

Guest [SAP]Francis
There is a thread for the map if you wanted to make a request. But furthermore, Wood stopped working on that map and a separate team is working on it now. That team will release updates and release the map when they are ready to. No need for a request in the LA Mod forum about a submod with it's own thread.

Though the only thing he wanted is to see how the actual RELEASED second edition map is. Nothing more.

To my knowledge there is nothing to youtube about. It's the same map with a few small alterations like more stop lights, a wall around a fire station moved some, and other small things. We didnt add tons of new roads, and there arent any new road to my knowledge.

Guest GB619
Can someone help me because i cannot get this to work

A few more details,do you meen you cant install it,or you cant get the game to run with this MOD?

well i guess the real question here is, do you need the original freeplay file from the first new map to run the second map?

if you do then you should probably state that some where. i just installed the 3 files you have posted for the second edition and they do not work by themselves.

so im guess that you need at least one of the original files plus the new ones to get the second edition to work.

Guest zeke555666

so u just have to overwrite them and do u have to change the name of freeplaySE.eft. cause if not i have no idea why its not working

Guest zeke555666
Read the topic. It explains what to rename the files to. And ya know, theres an edit button for a reason.

ok thanx for letting me know

Read the topic. It explains what to rename the files to. And ya know, theres an edit button for a reason.

Ya know its funny you should say that! cause ive read the begining post with the instructions and i dont see anywhere in there about having to rename any files!!! :1046276128_motz:

below is a copy of the post for you to look over again!

Download the files

You can download the files here

F.A.Q.

How do I install the map?

The same way as you installed the first new freeplay map wink.gif

1. Download and unpack the dfreeplayr.zip file. (30mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 3 files' to your Emergency 4Mod\Los Angeles Mod v1.x\maps folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

4. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

You should have replaced this 2 files:

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

And also added the .eft file.

Some info

As already announced in my topic of the first new freeplay map am I working on a second edition. As I am closing in on the first beta release of this map I thought that it would be nice to keep you guys updated.

The first release of the map will be compatible with the normal and 911:FR version of EM4. So there won't be any deluxe events in the first place. That doesn't mean that you can't play the map if you have the deluxe version.

Later if all the bugs are out of the map and if I still have the time I will maybe add the deluxe events.

Do's and don't in this topic

- Don't ask howto make or modify things. The maps is released as it is. So just except it.

News

14-01-09: Getting closer and closer to the first beta release. Problems at the moment: traffic management.

Screens

(plz ignore the striping in the first screenshot. Still searching for the best solution)

nice map! too many traffic jams. it would be nice to cut them back to a managable size. also there is a parking garage and there are cars trying to come and leave from the same opening. just thought id let you guys know so it can be addressed.

love the lay out, also there appears to be a routing issue. when there is a traffic jam on the lower left main rd when you have one of your vehicles trying to navigate around it they go into the forest and get stuck.

Guest GB619
nice map! too many traffic jams. it would be nice to cut them back to a managable size. also there is a parking garage and there are cars trying to come and leave from the same opening. just thought id let you guys know so it can be addressed.

love the lay out, also there appears to be a routing issue. when there is a traffic jam on the lower left main rd when you have one of your vehicles trying to navigate around it they go into the forest and get stuck.

The parking garage you speak of willbe fixed in the next release,the traffic jams also seem to be ficed,after editing the flow,and adding 2 sets of new traffic lights,me,soldjaboy and i believe xplorer are still working on the map,but we all work and atm i have no time to do anymore,i have handed over my fixed files to soldjaboy,and in time xployer will do the same,then a less bugged map willbe released,so it willbw better and before anyone asks we dont have a re release date....doh