w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Guest zeke555666
my partner is cool, i just like working solo. it gets boring with someone else in the car with you. he also doesnt work the same section. i am weight and ticket and he is patrol.

- Jon

Oh well that's cool ya I know a lot of ppl like workin solo. It does get boring especially when not working what u like to do.

i have the same issue how ever 10 min later it shows up..... and i take it if you go south of the station or down towards the bottom of the map is where i notice it drives up and down the road 20 times like it is lost.

Guest GB619
zekw, it was sandwiched between the two trucks. the driver walked away. i got 2 days of paperwork and a "partner". i didnt get any pics but my backup did(i hate paperwork). i will see if i can get them.

w00d's map crew. i am having a problem with the road next to firestation 2. when i send a truck beside it they only go halfway down the road and it turns around. i dont know whats wrong. the path looks good and the street looks good. i can post pics when i get back home. any ideas?

- Jon

i have the same issue how ever 10 min later it shows up..... and i take it if you go south of the station or down towards the bottom of the map is where i notice it drives up and down the road 20 times like it is lost.

We are aware of this,and i did some work on the paths etc ans it seemed to be fixed,but then the issued happened to me again,it may need an extra road added,as it seems when you send fire truck to south east corner,it cant work out which path to use,i have fixed another path near firestation2 but dont know if it has fixed this problem either,and while im glad you were ok after your truck accident can we keep this thread on topic about the map,cheers peeps

^lol dont mind me taking this back off topic, but quick question.

my partner is cool, i just like working solo. it gets boring with someone else in the car with you. he also doesnt work the same section. i am weight and ticket and he is patrol.

- Jon

Weight and Ticket? Like Commercial Vehicle Enforcement?

Guest zeke555666
^lol dont mind me taking this back off topic, but quick question.

Weight and Ticket? Like Commercial Vehicle Enforcement?

ya thats what he does commercial since he drives that suv and the pickup i presume

Guest GB619

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic: I have been working on the map today,and added a new road,this is only on the floor image,and will need to be converted and added,this is not finished yet,as it needs some tidying.

This new road is just below where firestation 2 is and hope fully will solve the path issue,just thought i would post to give an update,and to show work is being done on the map

newroad.th.jpg

Guest tjhugentobler

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about this map. I looked through this topic for solutions, but I could not find any, so hopefully this won't be a repeat answer of what somebody already said before. Anyways, here they are:

1) On the street east of Fire Station 2, the vehicles don't know where to go... They just drive up and down the street, or sometimes just stop in the middle of the road, so it seems like a pathing issue, but I don't know how to fix it.

2) Some pedestrians just stop in the middle of the street, which causes major traffic jams, and gets really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Taylor

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about this map. I looked through this topic for solutions, but I could not find any, so hopefully this won't be a repeat answer of what somebody already said before. Anyways, here they are:

1) On the street east of Fire Station 2, the vehicles don't know where to go... They just drive up and down the street, or sometimes just stop in the middle of the road, so it seems like a pathing issue, but I don't know how to fix it.

2) Some pedestrians just stop in the middle of the street, which causes major traffic jams, and gets really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Taylor

Both have been acknowledged previously if I remember right and are in process of being fixed.

1. I think it was a pathing issue. I know fire station 2 pathing is fixed when ambulance returned to station.

2. I think they are fixing that. When one person stops in road, more spawn and just keep piling up causing traffic jams.

Guest VFVFCo.68

The way I use to remove the blocking pedestrians is I have to call a police unit and "cuff" the pedestrian(s) and remove them to the sidewalk until the traffic is able to move again.

Guest GB619
Hi everyone,

Taylor

The pathing issue on fs2 willbe fixed,im having some issues attempting to upload the new floor for wOOds map,i have some assistance but atm it still wont work,the pedestrians,i guess you meen the ones where allthe clubs are near the train station,this willbe fixed,not had time to look at it yet,i think it is a path and spawn issue.

Many paths have been looked at and fixed,i since found another traffic jam,and will fix that,it all take time,but until i can get the issue fixed with changing the floor im stuck,but soldjaboy is working on map too,so if all else fails i will email him the floor so he can add it

Guest JoyRiderUSA

where can I get the floor for this Freeplay map cause the one from the 1.2 edition can't be downloaded anymore for some reason.

Guest GB619
where can I get the floor for this Freeplay map cause the one from the 1.2 edition can't be downloaded anymore for some reason.

Goto the front page and find the link,you can download the freeplay zip,but the floor was only made available to some members who are currently fixing the bugs with the map,so if you want that you would have to ask wOOd for the download link

thanks to Texas_DPS i now have added the edited floor to wOODs map.i will post a some screens later

Im waiting to hear back from soldjaboy,and then hopefully we can make a release soon that fixes some of the bugs,as always there maybe others,and when we no we will try and fix

Guest JoyRiderUSA

Why does it take liek 20 seconds for Police units to come out of the PD garage and why are the LAFD units at Station 1 parked backwards. also I haven't heard any calls after being in the game map for 5-10 minutes.

Guest JoyRiderUSA

Also can someone link me to submods free play map 1.2 floor of the first edition download link cause the one posted doesnt work.

Guest GB619
Why does it take liek 20 seconds for Police units to come out of the PD garage and why are the LAFD units at Station 1 parked backwards. also I haven't heard any calls after being in the game map for 5-10 minutes.

You need to edit the freeplay event times,look here http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=4132

The FS1 units is a script error which was fixed by another member,please use the search function,your questions has been asked so many times,i found one for you now i will leave you to search for the script fix,or someone else might post the direct link for you

one quick thing, did you guys ever make the silo crash by FS1 recoverable?

- Jon

I will look into that one

Ok updates for you

Credit to Hoppah and team for all models and script works,and all releases which make these submods possible,without them these MODS would not be possible

All credit for this submod goes to wOOd the creator

Credit also to texas_DPS for his help on converting the TGA file me so i could add markings,and the advice he has given me

Credit to soldaboy,who is working on this map to.,and the advice he has given me

New traffic lights near silo accident with road markings

em4newlights.th.jpg

The new road with lights and path for fire truck to follow,i will add path for cars later

em4newroadwithpaths.th.jpg

The other end of road,as you can see,i have done some work on the park,and moved the paths the pedestrians take or they would stop at walls

em4parkandroad.th.jpg

This area i have added more bushes and fences as the ambulance would sometimes try and cut through here to get back to FS1 but get stuck

em4ambulancestopperjpg.th.jpg

I will test the things i have changed and continue working on other issues,so things are moving on now