w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

I've read the instructions for how to install both the New Map and the Second Edition Map Mod. I just can't follow the instructions too well. I'm sure it's written well for many others but I'm not following them. I have read it twice going back and forth between both sets of instructions.

Maybe someone can simplify it a bit. Please explain how to install the New Maps? Some of the files' names are confusing and not matching... There are two files to download right? The ones for the Map (New_Freeplay_Floor.zip) and the other for Freeplay (New_Freeplay_normal.zip). Do I copy all of the contents of the Map folder into the Mod folder of the game and the contents of the Freeplay folder into where? Did I understand this correctly?

Kareem

EDITTED:

Got it working. All I needed to do was to copy the folder contents into Mod directory of the game. No renaming necessary. At least so far...

With each freeplay MOD map,the scripts for vehicles returning to the firestations are set according to the map,same as the paths i believe,soif you added this map to another mod without changing scripts and other things it would not work,others have asked about using other maps in different MODs and this is the answer they got,so the answer is yes but not without some serious reworking

Can I play this map in the Mvaandering mod? Or is this map only for Los Angels mod?

Hello all I'm new to this game and have no idea how to install a mod without the mod installer. Little help would be nice.

1. Download and unpack the dfreeplayr.zip file. (30mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 3 files' to your Emergency 4Mod\Los Angeles Mod v1.x\maps folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

4. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

You should have replaced this 2 files:

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

===============

Ok looking over this topic I didn't see "dfreeplayr.zip file." so any help to that would be nice and what does this mean "Move the folder 3 files'" - And the 3rd step I'm like what.

I was woundering if this this works with v1.9

The map was made for v1.8 and it had some bugs on that version, so I don't think it will work really well with V1.9. But the only way to find out is to download and install it...

I've found some fun issues with this map... It would be nice to see some people start contributing to them. I always modify my own maps with what little I know how to do. This is an awesome map with very few pathing errors in general and some really neat streets.

Pathing:

1: While facing North... Just left of Fire station 2 there is a major pathing error on that road going south. It really sucks when you're trying to send something to respond quickly to it and they get stuck in an epic loop of going back and forth to the end of the road and around.

2: 3x2 highway. When going from South to North cars tend to cut through and go on the wrong side of the road through the 'on-ramp' turn lane. They'll also tend to do a zig-zag and not a smooth transition.

3: Vehicles tend to fail when doing a patrol if they're not already on a road and in the lane. If you send an ambulance straight from the firestation onto a patrol it tends to follow the walk ways and get stuck. This happens for police as well.

4: Battalion Chief Backwards? I've noticed he's backwards? I had all the other enginges backwards too but I downloaded the modified version and that fixed all but him. Is this an issue just with mine? Furthermore... there is the occasional issue with engines pulling into station 1 and not going in the right way.. like entering through the front path and not going down the special road for them.

Missions:

1: Suicide! In the North-West part of the map... a guy tries to commit suicide but you're unable to save him due to the position of a street light. It seems the inflatable pad won't... well... inflate. So I just sit there and wait for him to die. Kind of awful, eh?

2: Suicide... again! Down southwestish a guy tries to kill himself and you can't save him due to a bike and I guess a wall being in the way. I've not figured out the exact problem with this.

3: Near the construction zone (where the building roof caved in and the crane is working on it south of Fire station 2 ) is where a heartattack happens for a guy inside the building. Now the only way to get to him is with the latter truck but this becomes an EPIC pathing error. You have to use the bulldozer to get into the area but on one way it tends to cause issues due to the position of the fallen building. This is not a major one but could be looked at.

Weird Errors

1: Helicopters can't return to base. Why is that?

Possiable Modifications for Future:

More logic as to where off site vehicles enter from. I'm not too sure if this is possible but have Forrest come from the north and an expansion upon of the police station to keep a few police cars, swat/fbi truck and the alike similar to how it is done with Fire/EMS and not just a parking zone. I'd also really like the ability to park a coroners van at the hospital.

ON the mission,

use the ladder truck for the ones that want to commit sucide, and for the heart attack victim, use ff to move the fencing and you will be able to get the ladder truck in their to get to the victim. This is pretty realistic. I hasve been assigned to gate and/or fence duty a couple of times.

Guest Swat Force

Doesn't matter, we know what he means!

I hope you will release the update very fast, I like this map more than Hoppa's!!! because this one is bigger.