w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

Is this new map larger than the original?

The map can't be larger then any other freeplay map. The editor / game won't allow or even better is not capable to handle bigger maps.

The map can't be larger then any other freeplay map. The editor / game won't allow or even better is not capable to handle bigger maps.

I wonder that size code been hack before? There must be a line of code that limits the size... Hmmm?

I wonder that size code been hack before? There must be a line of code that limits the size... Hmmm?

Well you can set the size in the editor. And the underground of the editor is just that big. Besides that, the editor can't handle underground images that are bigger then a certain resolution.

Hmm I have a big problem.. :machkaputt:

The map doesn't work anymore and I have really no idea what is causing this major problem. The map worked fine last Monday. Teusday I added a lot of basic things to map such as stolencars, suicide drowings and some other stuff. But unfortunally after that the map don't work anymore.

Normall it helps to remove everything that you have added and then you start over again. But not this time..

I went back to my last backup that I made the 12th but that one also doesn't work anymore. (O and the normal maps do work.. ) So well in a desperate attempt I reinstalled LAMOD without succes.

And the weird thing is that normally if you at an faulty accident then you will only get events like fallen person etc. But no fires or other "big" things. This time nothing is going on in the map. So I am pretty f**** :8: at the moment.

I can't go back any further and I have no idea what to try next. The error logs don't give me any info and I already lost about 4 hours work.

I really hate the debugging and logging system on em4 and I am really wondering how the developers worked with this.

............ to be continued ?............

my only idea would be to try it on a completely fresh computer that havent had version 2 installed, but cant really see what information you would get from that even if it works without problems on there.

but i hope that other people will be more helpfull than me and that you find a solution to the problem :)

I am taking a brake for at least a week. I am to busy with school and I lost a really big part of the map. Somehow the file / map got damaged. The editor doesn't respond good to laying or editting paths and spawnpoint. Also when I play the map nothing happen anymore. Removing everything that I added the last couple of weeks doesn't work. So I was forced to get back to my last file of lamod 1.7 witch was at the beginning of january.

This I really ........ because at this moment I don't have the time anymore that I had the last 3 / 4 weeks. So I let you guys know when I made some good progress.

I am taking a brake for at least a week. I am to busy with school and I lost a really big part of the map. Somehow the file / map got damaged. The editor doesn't respond good to laying or editting paths and spawnpoint. Also when I play the map nothing happen anymore. Removing everything that I added the last couple of weeks doesn't work. So I was forced to get back to my last file of lamod 1.7 witch was at the beginning of january.

This I really ........ because at this moment I don't have the time anymore that I had the last 3 / 4 weeks. So I let you guys know when I made some good progress.

That sucks w00d :/

I've had that happen to me in my creative line of work, and it's a disaster every time. My experience however is that the 2nd time around often tends to be better than what you had. Hope this is the case for you as well, when you manage to pick it up.

Keep it up mate!