Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

The older fire engine was declined for the reason it was not going to add to the game... The question has been asked before and hoppah decided it served no purpose other than being eye candy so he did not want to do it.. Which is the same reason the newest engines have not been bothered with, they are pretty much identical to the current ones in the game with a few minor changes.

Guest jacob1029

Maybe edit to other ones?im not bothered because i happy with the la mod as it is but just a suggestion.Could someone direct me to a photo of the "older" fire engine please?I have never seen one before

Guest Hanover Firefighter
The older fire engine was declined for the reason it was not going to add to the game... The question has been asked before and hoppah decided it served no purpose other than being eye candy so he did not want to do it.. Which is the same reason the newest engines have not been bothered with, they are pretty much identical to the current ones in the game with a few minor changes.

Indeed it is unnessesary. Maybe in another version we might be able to see an older engine.

Another Question though. how about an lapd charger

When it comes to the LAPD I am uncertain if they are using the Charger in mass or if it is more of a trial program where they are just testing the possibility (which supposedly LA loves to test toys). I kind of believe the point is to try to keep things unique, so I do not know whether or not the charger would make it into the game as an LAPD as well as CHP since I believe the objective is to add unique new items that bring something different in feel and function.

yea so i never heard anything yay or nay about perhaps creating an older style engine. I know it is not really nessesary, but it would add a bit more realism and will look realy cool. Another thing that was brought up in the past was about adding floodlights on more fire apparatus. The light towers look great on trucks that they are on.

Hoppah has said that flood lights aren't possible unless he takes off the directional bars on the backs of the rigs.

What about something like this, a light tower. You could have one at the firestation and have it towed just like the equipment trailer. You could even make it a option for the engineer truck to come in with one.

Also, I hope FBI guys will be able to get in the unmarked police car, and the various SWAT vehicles, not just the unmarked SUV.

What about something like this, a light tower. You could have one at the firestation and have it towed just like the equipment trailer. You could even make it a option for the engineer truck to come in with one.

actually, that's a really good idea, i like it :)

That could be cool I'm sure they have at least one tucked away,(probably in the USAR cache at station 88) I'll see if I can find a photo of it. I know that they also have at least one pickup truck with a light tower in back...I just saw a photo of it, if I find it I'll post it.

camaropx5.th.jpg

While I certainly see the resemblance, compared to the crown vic and charger, i'd vote this off the boat. If you really wanna cut down on the units in the mod, you could remove all the airport units too (ambulance, police car and firetruck). Yes they look nice, but wheres the use for it? Same goes for the LAPP, but that one is a bit more relevant as the white markings makes it more "fresh-airy". Although I'd much rather have it replaced by a CHP SMPV Slicktop.

As for the the unmarked car, i cant really see why its the only LAPD car with a bullbar, especially seing thats its mainly lapd detectives driving them, and certainly they have no use for the bullbars? Which also brings me on to another subject: LAPD Detectives. Police officers who can negotiate and draw guns, but cannot direct traffic etc.

And even though I started this post with critsising the CHP Camaro, I would love to see a new model of it, maybe even with an SMPV paintjob.

Guest robdakitten

hmm... maybe for 1.9 or 2.0 (because it will take a rather long time to do this I think)

instead of a police station, have the main metro division building (like the one from the movie SWAT) with the heli and the SWAT truck, and then have little "precint houses" where a few cars can park....

Also:

Change helicopter to the LAPD Huey (just looks cool :)

take the bull bar and all those extremely visible lights off the unmarked?

also, is that FBI command truck I saw on the photo gallery in 1.6? or is it only the FBI jeep?

Thinking about replacing the LAPP with a CHP SMPV really got me going. So i made one.

chpsmpvyc7.th.jpg

Incase youre wondering, its based on the CHP units like this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sspvortech/492216272/

Its pretty much just copy paste from different units in LAMOD.

Anyway, I was wondering, is that something you would add to your mod Hoppah?

.. or nvm, I probably know the answer.. .."another crown vic?" I'm still voting for it to replace the LAPP though.

Thinking about replacing the LAPP with a CHP SMPV really got me going. So i made one.

chpsmpvyc7.th.jpg

Incase youre wondering, its based on the CHP units like this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sspvortech/492216272/

Its pretty much just copy paste from different units in LAMOD.

Anyway, I was wondering, is that something you would add to your mod Hoppah?

.. or nvm, I probably know the answer.. .."another crown vic?" I'm still voting for it to replace the LAPP though.

im goin to get slapped for this i know it... lol but wat if you made a security vehicle... but not able to be used.... like a i dunno ... scenery item.. that drives around la.... lol im gonna get slapped now

DUDE i love that idea.... and the car... take out the camero and have another charger for the sheriffs too... have two new sherriff cars... THAT WOULD BE AWSOME... lol i use sherriffs more than lapd... lol