Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Well the mod should take some time to load the first time, but after that it should be sort of faster. You have to give it time though, because it has to load a lot of things, with much higher graphics then the base game, as well. your processor also affects the speed of how fast things load, if you have a crap processor, your game isn't going to be as fast as someone with a quad core, and everything else the same as you.

I am well aware that the tiller will not fit in the new station 2, but will the tower fit?

Oh yes, and while were at at:

-Does the USAR truck fit in the second station?

-Does the HAZMAT vehicle fit in the second station?

-Does the Mass casualty unit fit in the second station?

-Does the FBI command vehicle fit in the second station?

-Does the LAX Crash Tender fit in the second station?

-Does the Motorboat Transporter fit in the second station?

-Does the Big Fire Boat fit in the second station?

-Does the Fire Extinguishing Plane fit in the second station?

-Does the Troop Transport Plane fit in the second station?

Really people do all of you have nothing better to do then boring Hoppah with these kind of questions?

It's starting to get on my nerves now. Wait for the map and see yourself! :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Yes, I do believe it does, considering how Hoppah demonstrated in 1.8 :P

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

BTT

The tiller is mainly used for firefighting advantage, as water coming from above is always good :)

The Captain idea is verging on the way of a suggestion, however it would be alright, and a cool addition, however I don't see it adding that much to game play. Having a limited Battalion Chief, that can only call a few things, with maybe 1 or 2 new commands to call new units isn't really worth it to take away from 1.9 yet. A captain is possible, yes, 100%, just he wouldn't add much, and I don't think we'll see him in this version

Guest Taylor

I'd like a police captain, or an option available to all patrol/swat officers to call a SWAT truck full of SWAT guys, 4 regular and 2 sharp shooters. Then along with that you bring the unmarked CV out with something and the negotiator/scout.

Does anyone like this idea?

I'd like a police captain, or an option available to all patrol/swat officers to call a SWAT truck full of SWAT guys, 4 regular and 2 sharp shooters. Then along with that you bring the unmarked CV out with something and the negotiator/scout.

i don't think hoppah would do this so fast. when v1.9 is there i will try to make it in the LAPD Police Computer.

The captain part, not really. No. You rarely ever find an LAPD Captain anywhere but behind a desk at the station, unless it's a major incident such as a riot/demonstration. Most of the time, you just have a Sgt I or II or Senior Lead Officer (SLO / POIII+1) on scene which would entail your second premise, adding it to every officer. In that case, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

Alas, much like the Fire captain, this is right up there with suggestions. Honestly, the LA mod folks have so much on their plate without people dumping more and more. They've said time and time again, NO MORE SUGGESTIONS. If you want to make it yourself, go for it, but just throwing ideas out there does nothing more then just dump on their already full plate.

If all of you are having trouble thinking of things to talk about that doesn't include stuff not in the game already... Here are some helpful suggestions

1) What units in game do you use the most?

2) What missions do you play repeatedly and how do you play them?

3) What are your favorite freeplay events? Which ones do you turn off the most?

4) What parts of the current maps do you enjoy? Industrial area, the Forested areas?

5) What vehicles do you NEVER use?

Hopefully this will foster some USEFUL posts that might go towards making the next versions of the mods better. By understanding the good points in the game, mod builders can better build on those successes instead of just constantly being bombarded with "I want I want I want I want..."

This isn't meant to foster "I love everything!" posts, but really give everyone some insight into how you play and how you use the mod. Take some time and really organize your thoughts before you post.

Guest Taylor
The captain part, not really. No. You rarely ever find an LAPD Captain anywhere but behind a desk at the station, unless it's a major incident such as a riot/demonstration. Most of the time, you just have a Sgt I or II or Senior Lead Officer (SLO / POIII+1) on scene which would entail your second premise, adding it to every officer. In that case, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

Alas, much like the Fire captain, this is right up there with suggestions. Honestly, the LA mod folks have so much on their plate without people dumping more and more. They've said time and time again, NO MORE SUGGESTIONS. If you want to make it yourself, go for it, but just throwing ideas out there does nothing more then just dump on their already full plate.

If all of you are having trouble thinking of things to talk about that doesn't include stuff not in the game already... Here are some helpful suggestions

1) What units in game do you use the most?

2) What missions do you play repeatedly and how do you play them?

3) What are your favorite freeplay events? Which ones do you turn off the most?

4) What parts of the current maps do you enjoy? Industrial area, the Forested areas?

5) What vehicles do you NEVER use?

Hopefully this will foster some USEFUL posts that might go towards making the next versions of the mods better. By understanding the good points in the game, mod builders can better build on those successes instead of just constantly being bombarded with "I want I want I want I want..."

This isn't meant to foster "I love everything!" posts, but really give everyone some insight into how you play and how you use the mod. Take some time and really organize your thoughts before you post.

I know what you mean with the Captains.. and I wasn't suggesting it, I was just saying it'd be cool though... and okay I will try and start talking about those things.....

Well a police officer should at least be able to call for a fire truck, As it sits now, a PO can only call a amb.

Also I'd like to see the FD Cheif be able to strike a 2nd alm or more and get a script to auto buy extra trucks/eng and send them to the scene.

Also I'd like to see the FD Cheif be able to strike a 2nd alm or more and get a script to auto buy extra trucks/eng and send them to the scene.

To quote myself since this has been discussed over and over on this board:

While in many parts of the US you will find 2nd and 3rd alarm assignments,with regards to the Los Angeles City Fire Department, the opposite of what you are used to is true. After the first assignment is on scene, the IC will order up each unit individually such as, "Send me 3 additional task forces and 1 800." The only major "category" of additional units would be to upgrade a traffic accident to a physical rescue assignment which would add the Heavy Rescue and additional units. Please see this thread and this thread and search alarms or boxes for even more. It's something thats been covered many times on this board and one of the things that makes Los Angeles different in it's own way.

Eh, Police Captains in real life never leave their offices. After you make Lt in Police work you'll never be outside again really. I wouldn't mind a Patrol Supervisor, but eh, I just want the map done, and done well! Maybe in 2.0.

I don't use a lot of the things either. Hazmat already almost never gets called out and that has its own station spot. After I put the boat in the water at the beginning of the game, I send the transport boat home. USAR does all car accidents and the like. I never use forestry units, I always call in a plane as soon as a forest fire happens. LASD is never used, nor is FBI. Port Police is used on occasion. Airport Police is not. Coast Guard is useless in Freeplay, etc. Mass Cass., has only been called out one time in 6 months for me in Freeplay due to a gas explosion with 8 down. If I need to send a special unit to a scene, I call it from the map which you could just pretend you requested it from an outside station. You don't need to have every single vehicle in the game on the map. The battalion chief is too much of a pain in the ass to use since I can already see the fire and don't need him to call out more trucks.

If anything, in 2.0 I'd like the ability for the car itself to be able to call for backup like a Police Officer can if somebody is in it. That would help a lot.

Guest Taylor

Look I know captains don't usually leave their desk, I was using it as an example like we have the fire chief. Maybe we can have a Sgt. because you know.. he does stuff

I also never use LASD unless it's the van. I always use the fireplane to put out the smallest forest fire too. I use MCU for major accidents or forest fires when I don't get in control, or a few other occasions. I don't like using 7 ambulances lol. Only time I use the Fire Boats is when there is a fire close enough to shore I can use them on.

I use FBI on rare occasions too. I don't ever use the BC because I'd rather call it out of the station since I have to baby the stuff anyway. I completely agree with that stuff.

Guest fireguynh1984
Oh yes, and while were at at:

-Does the USAR truck fit in the second station?

-Does the Mass casualty unit fit in the second station?

-Does the FBI command vehicle fit in the second station?

-Does the LAX Crash Tender fit in the second station?

-Does the Motorboat Transporter fit in the second station?

-Does the Big Fire Boat fit in the second station?

-Does the Fire Extinguishing Plane fit in the second station?

-Does the Troop Transport Plane fit in the second station?

Really people do all of you have nothing better to do then boring Hoppah with these kind of questions?

It's starting to get on my nerves now. Wait for the map and see yourself! :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Hey it was merely a question out of curiosity... You really didnt have to be an ass. Im sorry then. I wont post any other messages on this website if I am going to be treated like a four year old.

Hey it was merely a question out of curiosity... You really didnt have to be an ass. Im sorry then. I wont post any other messages on this website if I am going to be treated like a four year old.

No it wont fit, the bay is too small. ;)

The comment wasn't directed solely at you, but to everybody making suggestions or asking those kind of questions. It was merely to emphasise a point: there is no use in bombing Hoppah with all the questions about what vehicles fit's where, what vehicles are longer then others etc. You can see it when v1.9 comes out, there is absolutely no advantage in knowing all of it except satisfying your own curiosity. There is still lots of work to be done on the mod. All I wanted was for everyone to see the bigger picture and stop asking trivial questions.

There is no need to feel like you are treated like a four year old just because one person comments on your post. It's a forum, people are allowed to comment on each others posts, as long as they respect the TOS. I'm sorry if you feel insulted, that wasn't my intention. I was trying to make a point in a sarcastic way, apperently that didn't come across right.

Right on my Friend!!!!! I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers-mate:

Don't get me started, my friend. That's a whole other ball game and you know it.

Now, let's start to go back on topic here shall we?

Guest fireguynh1984
The comment wasn't directed solely at you, but to everybody making suggestions or asking those kind of questions. It was merely to emphasise a point: there is no use in bombing Hoppah with all the questions about what vehicles fit's where, what vehicles are longer then others etc. You can see it when v1.9 comes out, there is absolutely no advantage in knowing all of it except satisfying your own curiosity. There is still lots of work to be done on the mod. All I wanted was for everyone to see the bigger picture and stop asking trivial questions.

There is no need to feel like you are treated like a four year old just because one person comments on your post. It's a forum, people are allowed to comment on each others posts, as long as they respect the TOS. I'm sorry if you feel insulted, that wasn't my intention. I was trying to make a point in a sarcastic way, apperently that didn't come across right.

Don't get me started, my friend. That's a whole other ball game and you know it.

Now, let's start to go back on topic here shall we?

Hey no problem bro. Its all good. No big problem.

Guest Taylor

I've got a new strategy for bomb squad.

I stick a SWAT, sharpshooter, scout in a helicopter. Then I get the Bomb Squad out and then stick a bomb squad guy in the helicopter. Much faster response time when time is really ticking away.