Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Mid-mount are truly possible since it was already featured on NYMod. But I'm wondering if Hoppah could help those guys(NYMod) on adding a bit more details on their rescue units.

Im pretty sure that the only thing we have seen from the NY mod is a picture of the model. Here we have in game pictures and video of a working mid mount.

I kept this secret until I made it working, but I managed to make a tiller!

It has it's flaws as explained in many topics before. The model is highly detailed. It has about 8100 polygons including the 6 wheels and all other parts belonging to the vehicle. Ingame, it works pretty well. There are a couple of points I'd like to mention:

- The trailer has no physics when it's not installed and attached to the tractor.

- The ladder can't reach windows. For now, you can only use it to extinguish fires.

- Because of the long size, the trailer makes weird swings when it takes a turn.

- The trailer logic created by Bass-ti, might be buggy on slower computers

The tiller will be a new vehicle', so it doesn't replace the tower in the Los Angeles Mod. Because of the disadvantages explained above the tiller won't spawn in the big fire station for default, but I might make it able to park on the same spot as the tower.

The reason I made it is because I found a way to spawn the trailer on the tractor when it arrives on the map after being send using the menu. The cool looks makes it a great addition to the mod. The tiller will be the only new addition to v1.9 besides the new map. I hope it's worth it.

Hoppah

a hear a nice submod coming for me for the parking lot. nice Tiller you made. love the model. hope there v1.9 is coming soon so i can start on the submods soon

Guest albie17
Im pretty sure that the only thing we have seen from the NY mod is a picture of the model. Here we have in game pictures and video of a working mid mount.

You got a point then. It looks were having a competition between the two. :loldev:

am a able to give you a boot system but they will delete the files on your (internal) hard disk.

Date: 'Jun 11 2009, 05:02'

Got my new videocard like 2 weeks ago. Better talk Dutch, because I have no idea what you mean.

You got a point then. It looks were having a competition between the two. :loldev:

Right.... competition between a mod that has been released almost 3 years ago and a mod which has just been started. :laugh:

Hoppah, I personally think that 16tons should just hire you to develop any other game in the emergency series they make. Second, on the whole "the tiller and freeplay map will be the only new additions to 1.9" thing, I would say a whole new map and a vehicle that's been thought impossible until now is pretty good for a mod update. You are a beast Hoppah. Quick question though, what made you go with the pierce style tractor rather than the american lafrance ones which seem to be in use more in LA?

Guest Gozozh

Hej,

There I am again. It has been a long time, but now I am in the states, and I saw all this cool stuff that hoppah made, I JUST had to reply! Hoppah Congratulations, you just are unbeliveble.

A few weeks ago, I saw that new truc you made, and thought about it, and I still couldn't figure out wy everybody told eachother that it wasn't possible to make such a thing...

Now you proved that IT IS POSSIBLE to make things everybody sad you couldn't :holdglass:

I can't wait till I'm back home and (probably) see V 1.9 appear on the forum. I want to play it now! :23_31_4:

But anyway, regtards from the US

Gozozh

PS. is on the new map forum, on of the screen shots, is that the staples center? Or am I just being stupid?

Now hoppah i have two questions for you, is the tiller able to be called?

Now hoppah i have two questions for you, is the tiller able to be called by a bc or ems capt? and in the future will it be possible to say put the tiller in one station and the tower in the other? :)

Now hoppah i have two questions for you, is the tiller able to be called by a bc or ems capt? and in the future will it be possible to say put the tiller in one station and the tower in the other? :)

iam sure that if hoppah dosnt figure out a way ( or just dont wanna put it in) one of the stationsa it'll be a hot topic that'll be done within a week of releast *note, not saying its done, not asking when its done* i know already i wanna atleast run a tiller outta the main station if not both .... hopefully it'll fit in both.... great work hoppah makes me so happy i wanna :1046276372_bawling:

is it not possible to let the the tiller drive by it´s self i think the trailer logic will be much better then.

I don't think so. You ever made a trailer playable ingame? Go ahead and try it. :)

Like I said, you will be able to park either the tower or tiller in the fire station, but the tower will still spawn in the beginning, because that one has less issues. :)

I still need to change that though. Something killed my Vista installation (probably a virus or a small hdd crash) and I am busy reinstalling Vista for the second time within a month. :1046276372_bawling:

Like I said, you will be able to park either the tower or tiller in the fire station, but the tower will still spawn in the beginning, because that one has less issues. :)

I still need to change that though. Something killed my Vista installation (probably a virus or a small hdd crash) and I am busy reinstalling Vista for the second time within a month. :1046276372_bawling:

that was also what i were planning to make for version 1.9

that was also what i were planning to make for version 1.9

I already explained that in the update post of the tiller:

Because of the disadvantages explained above the tiller won't spawn in the big fire station for default, but I might make it able to park on the same spot as the tower.

I lied :1046276372_bawling:

There will be a couple of more, but smaller changes/additions to v1.9:

- Firemen will now enter vehicles after using the rapid deployment command to detach the hoses.

- Deck gun can not be used at the same time as the hose connections anymore.

- Fixed/Added 'arrived on scene' radio command.

And:

tiller5.th.jpg

The tower will still spawn at the start of a new freeplay game, but you can send that one home and park the tiller on its spot instead. Compatible with the 'Call light force' command as well.

Hoppah