Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Congratulations to Hoppah for this wonderful mod.

I played it for hours and I've not encounterder a single bug ! :) However, I have a little problem : I wanted to edit (for myself, to personnalize my LA mod :blush: ) a texture .dds but I failed with paint shop pro, adobe photoshop or DDS converter while I can still open the normal EM 4 .dds textures.... :6: Is it normal ?

Thanks

Xav

Congratulations to Hoppah for this wonderful mod.

I played it for hours and I've not encounterder a single bug ! :) However, I have a little problem : I wanted to edit (for myself, to personnalize my LA mod :blush: ) a texture .dds but I failed with paint shop pro, adobe photoshop or DDS converter while I can still open the normal EM 4 .dds textures.... :6: Is it normal ?

Thanks

Xav

Yes, it is ;)

How crual ! But thanks for your fast response.

Hoppah, what do you think (just an idea) to create for the next version a NEF like this :http://www.code2high.com/LAFD_Apparatus/lafd_ems.JPG

But it's a great mod, thanks !

Xav

Yes, it's more a supervisor vehicle but as the EMS in LA don't use NEF type vehicles, it could used to deploy some more medics to a important scene just like a supervisor would be. Just my suggestion.

Xav

Guest Reeves
I will add the the crashtender to v1.1. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I don't know if I'm going to add the port and airport police cars.

If you're going to have a mission including a police boat, as you spoke of, maybe it would fit with a port authority vehicle with police officer.

Airport Police is pretty much as ordinary police?

If you're making an airport mission, there should perhaps be security guards? There is after all a lot of security in airports these days.

Guest JeffreyCor

Will there be a control for turning the flashers on and off for all vehicles in 1.1 or will it only be for the ones already on the map like in the EM3 mod?

If you're going to have a mission including a police boat, as you spoke of, maybe it would fit with a port authority vehicle with police officer.

Airport Police is pretty much as ordinary police?

If you're making an airport mission, there should perhaps be security guards? There is after all a lot of security in airports these days.

Airport police is its own department :ph34r:

Guest Reeves
Airport police is its own department :ph34r:

I didnt know. I thought that the Transportation Security staff replaced the private security and police on airports.

Nope, some airports have their own police depts, while others just have security guards. These are in addition to the TSA officers, I believe.

Hoopah, I have an idea/suggestion for you. Have you thought about using any of the LA County Fire apparatus? A piece I would really like to see would be a modern version of Squad 51 from Emergency! LA County appears to still use these as rescue and paramedic units. I think you can find some pics on the Code Two (or High or whatever it is) website. You could use these Rescue Squads in place of the supervisor units or just as another vehicle to transport paramedics to the scene. Also you might be able to include some LA County Fire units as mutual aid and to add a little variety of depts to the Fire side. Let me know what you think!

From looking at the screenies, I can't wait until I can obtain Emergency 4 and play this mod. The fire apparatus look sweet and I can't wait to put out some fire with them! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

EDIT: Pics: The original Squad 51.

Here is a modern LA County Rescue Squad.

Here is a pic of a Patrol unit which I believe is basically a brush/forest fire unit.

Here is another modern squad (Mike, I think you'll like this one!).

And of course an example of an engine for LA County.

Like I said, this is just a suggestion! ;)

Guest __Uknow__
Engine111 has a good point. There's missing a "light equipment vehicle" in the FD of LAmod.

but you got the engineer with lights and all FD can put there floodlights on

Guest Reeves
but you got the engineer with lights and all FD can put there floodlights on

Not lighting. Light, as in not heavy. :)

An equipment truck. Not a firefighting truck. Easy to use in traffic accidents and such.

Hi,

I downloaded LA MOD 1.0 and I installed this. But in game any units can't get to any vehicle, why?

Thats a bit short for us to help you...

Computer specifications?

Drivers up-to-date?

All patches installed?

Is there an error you get?

Please give an exact description of the problem