Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I've changed the size of the lightbar. It's 5% smaller now. I've also added lights and made a video:

Direct link: lamod_arjent_lightbar.avi

Size: 794 kB

Duration: 00:21

Format: .avi (no sound)

Compare it with MikePhotos video (Youtube):

The red/blue lights flash at the same time, note the steady burn and the take downs.

I still need to tweak the lights a bit and add alley lights too.

I wonder if the real lightbar has different light patterns, so I can change the red/blue flashing lights to something that looks better in Emergency 4.

Edit: The lights (called corona's in Emergency 4) in the video might look too small, but that's because corona's stay the same size if you zoom in or out. When you zoom out the lights look perfect. This means the lights are large when you zoom out and small when you zoom in (compared to the car model ofcourse). People who play with camera hacks should have noticed that too.

Hoppah

I like it, but I think that the LED must be better flashing, I mean morw power.

In Dutch I mean: Meschien moet de LED flita iets beter zichtbaarr is, ben er zelf geweest (Florida) en daar was ie supergoed zichtbaar

When you zoom out it's like a christmas tree, because the coronas (the lights) will stay the same size if you zoom in or out. That means the lights look large when you zoom out and small when you zoom in. People who play with camera hacks should have noticed that too.

The lightbars look like pepsi logo.

img_pepsi_logo.gif

? :s

Why do I get so much negative feedback EVERY TIME I make something realistic?

People are complaining about the white roof of the red ambulance, the silver roofs of the fire apparatus, too few fire stations, and now the lightbar? What's next? Sometimes, I think I should stop modding, leave this forum and never come back again.

Guest Bruce563

Dont leave Hoppah, sometimes i dont like things in some mods but i get over it and like them, i think that some people need to learn how to get used to do things, i thinks its really good how you make your mod so realistic.

hey hoppah.. it doesnt matter wether or not you get negative feedback on your mod.. its a good thing that you get this feedback positive or not to improve.. either way its your mod... not anyone elses.. in this forum its like a suggestion.. not what we say goes.. its your mod... you do wat you think is best.. i think i say this for everyone .... we support you on wat ever decision you make. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HOPPAH!!! btw could you hit me up with an email or pm.. need to talk to ya. k? thanks much hoppah

Some people just don't know what they want!!

I think that what is realistic is better.

In my opinion the changes from 1.4 to 1.5 made the mod much better!!!

Just ignore them.

Keep up with the good work!

LA MOD IS THE BEST MOD EVER! :12:

img_pepsi_logo.gif

? :s

Why do I get so much negative feedback EVERY TIME I make something realistic?

People are complaining about the white roof of the red ambulance, the silver roofs of the fire apparatus, too few fire stations, and now the lightbar? What's next? Sometimes, I think I should stop modding, leave this forum and never come back again.

There is a simple reason for this:

The original light bar (on the real patrol cars) looks very funny, and because you made your game model look like them, it looks funny too. I also don't like it - but that does not relate to your modding skills, but to the designer of the original light bar.

Also I don't like it, it is realistic, so I appreciate it, and maybe even get used to it over time :)

So, don't blame yourself - as you know, your mod is one of the greatest available for Emergency, and a funny lightbar on one of the dozens of police cars won't change it ;)

people complain all them time.

Take any group and you have whinner and complainers.

Personal I think unless you made a mod equal to LA Mod you should not complain.

Here a novel idea. If you do not like the mod or changes made. Do not play the new one, and do no post you do not like it.

Guess it's time to make a few things clear for all the kids out there who keep complaining about Hoppah's mod or any other mod. I'm no moderator so I guess these aren't official rules, but as a modder, I think it's time people start following this advice. :1046275947_director:

1- If you're not happy about something in a mod, and have no constructive comment to add whatsoever, please kindly shut the hell up. This isn't your mod, this is the modder's work, so he's free to do whatever he wants with it.

Alternatively, here are a few things you can do if you don't like the content of a mod :

a-Don't download it.

b-Learn to mod and make your own mod.

c-At least learn a few basics (it really isn't that complicated) and keep the older versions of the mod. Then, when the new version comes out, you can always roll back to older models if you don't like the new ones.

2- Before making a suggestion, browse the thread to see if that suggestion has already been made. There's a search button, so you have no excuse. If that suggestion has already been made by someone else, and especially if it has already been dismissed by the modder (I'm thinking about the second fire station or the ladder trailer, for example) , please don't make it again. If you really want to implement your idea in the game, refer to 1b.

3- Know what the mod is about. If it's the Los Angeles mod, don't request a unit from Anywhere, USA.

4- Respect the modders. That means not harassing them about release dates, not insulting their work, and spelling their names correctly. I can understand that some people here don't speak English quite well, but there's no excuse for misspelling a proper noun.

I hope from now on everyone will abide to these simple rules. I hate it when hard-working, talented people have to threaten to leave because a few kids act like spoiled ungrateful brats.

1- If you're not happy about something in a mod, and have no constructive comment to add whatsoever, please kindly shut the hell up. This isn't your mod, this is the modder's work, so he's free to do whatever he wants with it.

Alternatively, here are a few things you can do if you don't like the content of a mod :

a-Don't download it.

b-Learn to mod and make your own mod.

c-At least learn a few basics (it really isn't that complicated) and keep the older versions of the mod. Then, when the new version comes out, you can always roll back to older models if you don't like the new ones.

2- Before making a suggestion, browse the thread to see if that suggestion has already been made. There's a search button, so you have no excuse. If that suggestion has already been made by someone else, and especially if it has already been dismissed by the modder (I'm thinking about the second fire station or the ladder trailer, for example) , please don't make it again. If you really want to implement your idea in the game, refer to 1b.

3- Know what the mod is about. If it's the Los Angeles mod, don't request a unit from Anywhere, USA.

4- Respect the modders. That means not harassing them about release dates, not insulting their work, and spelling their names correctly. I can understand that some people here don't speak English quite well, but there's no excuse for misspelling a proper noun.

Well said

I hope from now on everyone will abide to these simple rules. I hate it when hard-working, talented people have to threaten to leave because a few kids act like spoiled ungrateful brats.

If you really consider to stop modding because of some whining kids, maybe the internet is the wrong place for you. There are way too much of them here ;)

The "rules" you stated aren't rules to me - I think of them as basic standards for human communication, or at least they should be.

But, just because some people (like me) state that they don't like a change in the mod does not mean that they don't appreciate the work at all. At such a point, more detailed criticism than "well I don't like it, looks strange" is not possible - you know, you see something you don't like, although you cannot really name what you don't like.

This is not "whining" or "complaining", but telling somebody what you like or don't like about a work he or she makes available to the public with the intent of letting other people enjoy it.

And especially if you have a forum on the net and a topic on it called "central suggestions", you should await positive AND negative responses on what you do - if you do not want to read such stuff, call it "The praising topic" :P

personally, I don't give a rats ass about what ppl say about my stuff I make. You should feel the same way Hoppah, make what you thing is realistic and stick to it... Thats what i'm doing with my mod, and if anyone wants to complain about anything... I might fix something in a later release and I also might not. If they are not happy about that, then they can f*** off.

Well, instead of whining and whining about whining, why dont we all give hoppah some positive feedback.

I'll go first.

First of all, LA Mod is one of the greatest EM4 mods out there, if not the best. Hoppah has made great work on making a fairly unique mod, and keeping it different from the other great mods. The new textures on many of the units in 1.5 did a huge change. I really love it. The charger is enough to write a paragraph consisting only of "<3"'s. I love the amount of units in your mod, though they might cause some problems on slower pcs, its really not any issue for me. They really makes setting up scenes alot more fun, and they enhance the gameplay greatly.

I really admire the time you have put in the mod, I've glanced at the scripts and models, and I really cant see how anyone has the time and patience to write all the scripts and do all the modeling and textureing, at least alone.

I'm really looking forward to the future releases of the LAMOD. I check the forums everyday for updates, and everytime there is one, I get more or less blown away.

Dont be shy now, write some positive feedback for Hoppah, the allmighty creator of LAMOD!

Hoppah,

My wife bought emergency 4 for me when I came to visit her in Germany, because I told her I wanted to get this game. I bought EM4 because I know you were working on a mod for the game.

Ever time you release the mod I think there not much more you can do make it better. For example when version 1.4 came out I thought that there was no more room to make it better. But 1.5 proved that wrong.

I hope there be a future versions.

i agree with both of you on these points.. hoppah youve done great work out here.. youve inspired me to want to create my mod. and do so much for it as well. your not only a great mod creator.. but a great role model. youve done so much for this community not only through your mod but through your teachings as well. i hope that you will stay and teach and show more to us.. YOUR A GOD!!!!

Guest j5mello

Just a though hoppah but since you seem to get alot of repeat requests/suggestions how about pinning a thread that contains the ideas you have rejected. A mod i play for C&C Generals: Zero Hour does this. It helps lower the number of repeats (though there will always be people who run into the road without looking if you get my meaning) and helps with quick and easy searches.

As to the other subjects, as someone who is around modders/content creators often, the response you gave is far too common. I hate to see people with talent stop making creations because they feel unappreciated. If you allow one or two people to knock you down then you care too much for your public and not enough for your enjoyment. The biggest reason to make this mod is so that you can spend 3, 4 or however many hours playing and having fun. Because when it comes down to it, your giving up your free time to do it so if you feel your time is better spent somewhere else then I say, enjoy yourself, but i would be sad to see you go.

All in All you probably have the most popular mod for EM4 and the number of regular posters here barely compares to the number of people who downloaded, played, enjoyed, but never logged into the forums (can't imagine why :P ) so keep on modding and i leave you with these quotes:

"Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."

"No one can control your attitude but you. Yet too often we let other people or external circumstances determine how we feel."

Enough... Simple enough there is nothing wrong with constructive critisism, if it is a very significant issue, but do not pick on someone's mod because they have the light pattern wrong or you do not like a particular addon they decided to put into their mod. After all, it seems most of these mods out there are WIP but they look like they are gonna have a ton of vehicles so if you do not like a particular one, do not use it. Simple imo.... I know how it feels to put a great deal of work into things and have people pick at them to the point where you just wanna say "I'm done" because you cannot satisfy everyone.

I give hoop alotta credit for actually releasing his mod for one, and evolving it, there is always going to be this void between those who want realism and those who want fun entertaining gameplay... You as a modder cannot win in the end. I hope this puts and end to this, because several of the modders spoke their peace and I agree with them...

Take care, let it go..