Pottyscotty

Kent (UK) Mod (Dev Release)

Cheers for that one, never heard of a visual aid like that on Fire Appliances, is that method still in use on modern vehicles?

Each service who use mobile data use their own different methods. Some have appliance pagers for use when away from the vehicle, some has a siren like noise 'alert' some services just use mobile phones.

As for the red beacon to show command support this is a new thing in the last15 or so years but now an increasingly important role on any fire ground, even just 1 pump incidents which requires a dedicated firefighter or team (at larger jobs)

Each service who use mobile data use their own different methods. Some have appliance pagers for use when away from the vehicle, some has a siren like noise 'alert' some services just use mobile phones.

As for the red beacon to show command support this is a new thing in the last15 or so years but now an increasingly important role on any fire ground, even just 1 pump incidents which requires a dedicated firefighter or team (at larger jobs)

Very interesting, I always like finding out bits of information like this. Can I ask if you have a role in the Fire Service because you certainly have a lot of knowledge of it!

looks great one thing though why is a fire fighter wearing a sector command vest? 

I was looking at some pictures of KFRS and there was a Firefighter acting as Sector Commander (https://www.flickr.com/photos/kfrs/16939466514/in/dateposted/) - No markings on his helmet.

I thought sector commander was given to brigade manager and only attends the most serious events, also @Rubuter they are used a lot of times by BA commander, the person who has the BA board and is in charge of all BA crews, they also can be red and white chequered. @pottyscotty normal firefighters can wear this vest if in charge of BA crews so you could make it so all firefighter could change in to this and have special commands like fall back and call additional fire fighters. It's up to you though :)

I thought sector commander was given to brigade manager and only attends the most serious events, also @Rubuter they are used a lot of times by BA commander, the person who has the BA board and is in charge of all BA crews, they also can be red and white chequered. @pottyscotty normal firefighters can wear this vest if in charge of BA crews so you could make it so all firefighter could change in to this and have special commands like fall back and call additional fire fighters. It's up to you though :)

Ahh. Where I am they're called BAECO (Breathing apparatus entry control officer) and they have flourecent green and orange ones o.O. anyway thanks for letting me know. I go to my local fire station every Monday so next time I'm there I'll ask if the crew manager has a specific tabard when on a shout

:)

1) I thought sector commander was given to brigade manager and only attends the most serious events

2) @Rubuter they are used a lot of times by BA commander, the person who has the BA board and is in charge of all BA crews, they also can be red and white chequered. 

3) @pottyscotty normal firefighters can wear this vest if in charge of BA crews so you could make it so all firefighter could change in to this and have special commands like fall back and call additional fire fighters. It's up to you though  :)

1) You sometimes have Sector commanders at things like basic house fires (https://www.flickr.com/photos/kfrs/16544889036/in/album-72157650534348053/) so I wouldn't think they call out a Brigade manager each time (I would also think they would have white helmets which this FF does not) ;) I think Brigade managers can take up the role of Operations Commander (Same as the Station Manager can).

2) Red and white checkered is Command support normally? How come you use them for BAECO?

3) I like those ideas, I'll look into them :)

Ahh. Where I am they're called BAECO (Breathing apparatus entry control officer) and they have flourecent green and orange ones o.O. 

:)

Called that here as well :) Green and orange? Weird!

Generally speaking, a sector commander holds rank, the picture with the FF as sector commander, is on exercise and may be acting up etc 

A sector commander is a officer in-charge of a specific area of a larger scale incident, they are effectively mini incident commanders who all report to the main incident commander. So, for example 3 Crew Commanders may be managing 3 different zones in an incident, and they will report to a watch commander who is in-charge of the overall incident, this structure applies all the way up the rank structure, group managers could be sector commanders with an deputy firemaster in overall charge of the incident etc etc  

At least that's how we do things up here.

It seems that every fire and rescue service has a different system and setup :D

@Pottyscotty I also have not got a clue why Norfolk fire and rescue service use them, maybe it's just my local station but they have a red and white version of the black and yellow one that you have done. My guess is they might of been using it as a substitute for a yellow and black one that got damaged?