itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

Remember people....it wont matter what props the skin authors use. I will use my own anyway. Once the variety pack comes out, you are free to do whatever you want with them.

Here's what the news van will have. Main part my Ubisoft, misc light parts and ladder done by me.
post-58368-0-75310300-1409065151_thumb.j

so where is the patch that stop vehicles from getting stuck turning. 

(My Issue) Some Vehicles get stuck turning left in the first red light coming from the Bridge by the LAPD Station (LA MOD).

I remember fixing this issue in update 1.3 July Update

What version are you using? Check readme if there is an entry for July 2014.

Sorry for the lack of updates:
Here's what I've been able to do with what little time I have had:
post-58368-0-64795400-1410173010_thumb.p
Only the FM Horizon cars wont have doors. This is due to the way they were modelled by Turn 10 studios.
Most cars and all vans and trucks will have this new feauture to level them up functionally with the EM4 vanilla cars.

It seems the contest isn't going well. Maybe I should cut my losses and call it off.

Nice skin by Jose BTW. But it cant make it into the civil special pack because it isnt any of the cars I listed.

Update:

Door slicing animations for crashed cars.

http://www.gfycat.com/FaintMassiveAmberpenshell

Still WIP. How do firefighters use the jaws of life on cars with crushed roofs? Would it be possible to animate the roof of a vehicle being cut off?

I've seen the animation in a German mod but i can't remember the name

but here is a video of Firefighters taking off the roof for an MVA

I've seen the animation in a German mod but i can't remember the name

but here is a video of Firefighters taking off the roof for an MVA

Thanks. Now all I have to do now is replicate this process in EM4 frame by frame. I wish animating shit wasnt so hard in the game.

Update:

Door slicing animations for crashed cars.

http://www.gfycat.com/FaintMassiveAmberpenshell

Still WIP. How do firefighters use the jaws of life on cars with crushed roofs? Would it be possible to animate the roof of a vehicle being cut off?

Fire Rescue Department of the Capital City of Prague, Station no. 4 - Chodov

Volunteer Fire Brigade Cvikov

Cutting off a roof would require the interior modeled for the vehicle, imo that adds alot of polys that otherwise serve no purpose... You can "fake" it but it won't look as good, instead I'd go ahead and just do the door(s) as slicable...  Cheaper way perhaps but this game doesnt have to have real interiors and adding in that detail would waste alotta weight otherwise useful elsewhere.

A nice idea, but perhaps more trouble than it's worth. Don't forget that slicing a roof off would require modelling interiors for every vehicle you want to use it on.

You can always try to make the roof act as a sliceable door, adapt the X,Y,Z coordinates and change the revolving angle. :)

Cutting off a roof would require the interior modeled for the vehicle, imo that adds alot of polys that otherwise serve no purpose... You can "fake" it but it won't look as good, instead I'd go ahead and just do the door(s) as slicable...  Cheaper way perhaps but this game doesnt have to have real interiors and adding in that detail would waste alotta weight otherwise useful elsewhere.

Well...I've weighed my options and have decided to fake it like the original EM4 cars. It really is too time consuming to make the interiors for 8 or so cars.

Anyway, I've also started modelling a schoolbus body which will use my International truck model for the front. Does anyone have clear blueprints and reference pictures of this?

Anyway, I've also started modelling a schoolbus body which will use my International truck model for the front. Does anyone have clear blueprints and reference pictures of this?

try this https://www.google.cz/search?q=school+bus+blueprint&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uUQVVIj1LcbhywPN0YKICw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=891#tbm=isch&q=international+school+bus+blueprint

Its the half of the month and no new skins have been added to the contest so I unfortunately have to shut it down due to lack of interest.
To tft.cf and olmyster...can you please PM me your news van skins and utility truck skins?

Here's a little preview btw of the news van in its final form:
http://www.gfycat.com/ObedientMetallicIndochinesetiger
I will probably replace the utility truck with a tow truck model. Gonna finish the school bus first.