theocd

Explosions at Boston Marathon

BOSTON: RIGHT NOW - ANOTHER EXPLOSION AT THE JFK LIBRARY. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL RUSHING!

That's some scary stuff! Shows that the terrorists are quite organized. Very effective. :(

Edit: BBC LIVE: Third bomb has been dismantled (??)

Sorry to post this again, but has anyone noticed this? :O

?

You do know this occured during an event with a lot of spectators? He's probably just a spectator and that roof wouldn't be a great spot to watch the explosions IF he was the perpetrator.

?

You do know this occured during an event with a lot of spectators? He's probably just a spectator and that roof wouldn't be a great spot to watch the explosions IF he was the perpetrator.

You have a point there, just posted because it looks suspicious... Doesn't it?

So does this mean that TSA checkpoints will be posted at every game event there is from this point on? But in all seriousness, this is a shocking loss of life and terrorism. Boston has seen enough blood shed in it's life time.

Now we can only wait for a motive behind this merciless attack.

Boston police Dept have confirmed the fire at JFK Library is not related to the attacks at the marathon also some runners heard about the explosion and continued to run to the general hospital to give blood faith in humanity restored once again one of the two confirmed dead today was eight :(

Boston police Dept have confirmed the fire at JFK Library is not related to the attacks at the marathon also some runners heard about the explosion and continued to run to the general hospital to give blood faith in humanity restored once again

Yes, I read that too. Feels very good to know that many people volunteered to help and donate blood.

BBC Live:

Unconfirmed information that one or more suspects have been arrested.

Unconfirmed information that there may be "devices" hidden in hospitals, most likely false alarm. Police have searched through some hospitals already.

You probably weren't old enough on 9/11 to remember it, but I was, and I remember a lot of rumors popping up about car bombs blowing up all over the world and dozens more planes heading for any other potential target or city you could think of... That's just part of the paranoia. There will be a few more scares today in and around Boston. Then one or two scares in the coming days or weeks.

What Voodoo said.

Edit: Now they say that there have been no arrests.

Edited by Xandarb

As voodoo, and others I'm sure have mentioned, when there is civil unrest* as there is in the United States, the nutjobs tend to start blowing things up. I'm pretty sure everyone has agreed that this wasn't an accidental explosion, but instead a bombing.

Based on what I've seen, it's more than likely a homegrown terrorist, similar to the Unabomber, as the explosion occurred at a much less populated area, as well as in a building, which is more than likely a spot they could easily access. I'm not a police officer in boston, so I know no more than the media is showing, but fortunately, the explosion was at the finish line, and not the start line, as there were substantially less people there than there would've been if it was the starting line (all the runners at the same time for instance)

Unfortunately, there is going to be a huge amount of paranoia over the next while, lots of people are going to be on edge, and you're going to hear a lot of confusion on other potential threats that will be nothing. I'd say until the person responsible is caught, there will be a lot of this trouble.

My heart goes out to the hundred plus injured, the dead, and of course all those affected by this tragedy.

EDIT: *Civil unrest doesn't mean civil war. It means conflict between the civilian population and the government. With gun control, as well as other controversial topics facing the government at this time, there is a lot of opposition. Look at the unabomber, that was all over a person getting upset with urbanization.

Edited by Newfoundking
Clarifying

The American media is generally very hesitant about showing "graphic" images. Foreign new channels like RT and CCTV are a lot more graphic in general as they show it "how it is" you have to be ready for it however, its not for the weak of heart or stomach however the real world is a bloody nasty place.

Yahoo News reporting now 3 dead. Everyone is lucky it wasn't worse, and also lucky that so many Police, Fire, EMS, and Military were on hand already to help the injured. How much worse this could have been.

I know if I'd been a Fire/EMS there, I'd have run in just like all our brothers and sisters always do. God Bless the families affected, and may we find the people who did this and bring justice to them!

nope graphic images at least on abc and espn wife even switch to espn and said at least they be no graphic images here and as she said they where showing them. she promptly and turn off the tv

Now that things have settled down for the most part, last count was 3 dead and about 140+ wounded, one dead was an 8-year old boy. Police found and defused several other bombs found throughout the city.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has taken over the case, calling it a terrorist attack committed by an unknown party.

The pictures from the explosion are horrific. People with their legs blown off, I saw a picture of one guy in a wheel chair with both legs blown off. It was truly horrendous.

For up-to-date information, here's a link to the HuffingtonPost:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/boston-explosion-news_n_3088615.html