Xandarb

Honolulu mod [WIP] -Canceled-

Nice, I like the units. I also like how you're keeping it small. Great job so far!! :)

Are you going to use NNico's F350 from QRA for the ambulance? or are you going to make one?

Thank you mate!

Yes I am planning on using that one. I am currently waiting on permission to slightly edit the (model) lights on it.

Nice, the detail on that model is incredible.

Thank you for your kind words!

It's Saturday! Whew!

I've got an idea to motivate myself and tease the forums. Saturday is from now on my tease day, which means that I'll have something new to show you guys every saturday. Or I'll try to at least :P.

Well, this Saturday I'm going to show off a new unit made by Nnico, reskinned and lighted by Honolulu mod guest star marshall8946. Thank you Marshall!

The unit in question is the Battalion 2 unit from Honolulu.

8519883887_5b6715be56.jpg

Credits: Model, lightbar and original skin(s) by Nnico. Reskin and lighting by marshall8946.

I am working on an updated video to show of the fixed lights (briefly) and of course this unit.

I'll also update the screens on page one soon enough since I've edited the models since then.

Have a good day!

Xandarb

It's Saturday, or here in HonMod thread, Tease-day!

So, here's the unit I tried to make:

http://www.flickr.co...376/5494249853/

And here's the unit I made(WIP):

8543169378_47f6889cb5_n.jpg

The model is a modified civilian Dodge Charger taken from ManhattanMod by Dyson, Rafael and the rest of the Manhattan team. It's originally Nnicos model.

WIP! Only one light made (edit 11.03.13: the lights are now completed), model of the ightbar-thingy is not finished. The lightbar and the light(s) are the only things that are mine.

Have a good day!

Xandarb

Is that a rotator on top of a bar? That's insane. Anyway, it's highly accurate, good job!

Yes it is, and indeed it looks kinda funny!

What do you guys think about Hawaii Five-0? Should I include vehicles from that tv-series even if they aren't accurate to the real thing? Post your thoughts!

Good day! And good tease day! :)

Well, today I'll show you a model that I completed just a few minutes ago. Texturing is about to begin sooner or later. The unit in question is the ATV that I'll use both for the lifeguards and the police.

Some images of the real life unit(s):

Police ATV army green

Another Police ATV army green (and red :))

Lifeguard ATV red

And now to my unit: Only skinning and some in-editor work (and a lightbar for the police unit) left to do:

Click for higher rez.

8560967441_0f83c8d86b_n.jpg

8560967505_0926478c49_n.jpg

I got kinda carried away and noticed that the polycount shot to the stars (over 5K). I managed to cut down quite a lot but it's still quite high. What would be a good polycount for Em4? I read somewhere here that 3K is a good rule of thumb.

Feel free to give me feedback!

Cheers!

Nice model,when ever I make a model for Em4 I always keep the poly count between 9K to 12K and I don't get any problems :)

May I recommend you use a tool like 3ds max it's much better for modelling than Zmodeler and saves a lot of time.

Regards

Freelancer

Another thing you can do is right click on your model and convert the triangle polys into quads. It usually lowers the poly count pretty good and makes UV-mapping easier down the road.

Nice model,when ever I make a model for Em4 I always keep the poly count between 9K to 12K and I don't get any problems :)

May I recommend you use a tool like 3ds max it's much better for modelling than Zmodeler and saves a lot of time.

Regards

Freelancer

Thank you for your reply! I will look into that!

Another thing you can do is right click on your model and convert the triangle polys into quads. It usually lowers the poly count pretty good and makes UV-mapping easier down the road.

Yeah, that cut down almost 30% of the polycount! Thanks erfd!