not to sound mean but why the reskins? id like to see something else...

Kind of rude and selfish man,first of all,he may prefer the Boston services and there is no way for his city to be represented in the game unless he makes skins...Secondly ,all people that mod a game can't model or script so they choose a reskin project.

The replay value of this game would get old very quickly without people modding them and sharing their work,.You should be gratefull that people actually make stuff for (some) of you to play!

We all have our own opinions......personally, I really like the mod and all of the things it has. But that's only my opinion.

Kind of rude and selfish man,first of all,he may prefer the Boston services and there is no way for his city to be represented in the game unless he makes skins...Secondly ,all people that mod a game can't model or script so they choose a reskin project.

The replay value of this game would get old very quickly without people modding them and sharing their work,.You should be gratefull that people actually make stuff for (some) of you to play!

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic: Hey we all need to get along and not start a fight on here. The mods might have to get involved soon.

WOW..and I thought Dyson got crap from people. Just take it for what it is. If I know how to create and total new game or even New Mods like game play and things I would. And I would be rich :) however I dont' :(. But I have enjoyed the work on the mod and reskins been a challege at times and yet I have recieved good positive feed back so my reward right there. If you dont like rekins and mixing up games then perhaps you need to find another game. For us that create this stuff it's always free. Free to you not to us we spend alot of time so others can have fun with our work. So enjoy it or not. If people dont want to see a Boston mod then the creaters can enjoy it and the rest can only wish for a Boston mod. Just my 2 cents .....

WOW..and I thought Dyson got crap from people. Just take it for what it is. If I know how to create and total new game or even New Mods like game play and things I would. And I would be rich :) however I dont' :(. But I have enjoyed the work on the mod and reskins been a challege at times and yet I have recieved good positive feed back so my reward right there. If you dont like rekins and mixing up games then perhaps you need to find another game. For us that create this stuff it's always free. Free to you not to us we spend alot of time so others can have fun with our work. So enjoy it or not. If people dont want to see a Boston mod then the creaters can enjoy it and the rest can only wish for a Boston mod. Just my 2 cents .....

I agree with you JD. I my self am a modder and I work on my mod till all hours of the night, and it is all done so other people can enjoy what we have created. :D just to let you guys know who have never modded before, it is harder than you think it is and it's time consuming. We take our time to make things look nice and stuff for other people to enjoy. I am not trying to take sides with anyone. We all have our own opinions.

I think this was aimed as constructive, but the delivery wasn't that great.

First up, @kameronbc21 most mods are born out of simple reskins. People learn as they go along, that's how I work, that's how most work.

Without the starting point of changing a few skins most people would never get into tweaking this game as it is rather overwhelming.

To everyone else, point made, but don't act like he just tea-bagged y'all, every mod gets hate, trust me if you saw some of the outrageous things I get sent on a regular basis you'd think this was pretty harmless.

Anyway, not playing mod, just wanted to add a little perspective.

Dyson

x

Ok sorry about that! I don't want to be negative but sometimes a response is warranted. Trust me my feelings were not hurt we are all big people here. People don't realize how hard this is to do. We have only done lights and re-skins and that took while. When I first joined the forum I was cocky too and pissed off a few people but you learn from your mistakes.

Ever since I saw JGreene Boston re-skins I was hooked, so I started to work on my own. For those of you who have not attempted to do this, is the smallest thing when it comes to modding work try it. You will find a new respect for people who put there hard work into this every day. The more I learn or can't do the more found respect I have for molders. I work as Police Officer I don't need to do this I have all the action I want, but I enjoy Emergency 4, LA mod it is a great game. We can keep plugging away but it will never be real until your go out there and do the job. Every day modelers are coming up better 3d models and creative scripts and that is the fun it to do a submod or mod of your own town. The most important reason I am doing this is to give back to the community that is how it works. Sorry for the long winded speech.

well excuse the hell outta me...

Dude, I just defended you. But you're clearly trying to give out sly digs. Voodoo has asked to go back to topic, so I apologize but I think your post is in need of a response. Plus the double post.

Mods don't piggyback of the LA mod. Hoppah brought a lot of scripts, which existed throughout the world of em4 but were edited by hoppah, into one single mod. So the mod is like a huge fully functioning script packet, perfect as a base for mods rather than starting from the original game.

Besides which I don't see the issue, if mods are surely just 'piggybacking', then there's no issue, if you don't like a mod, don't follow it. Simple.

Anyway back to topic, I'd like to see more progress not spam.

x

Hi thanks guys for your feedback. There has been some light editing to the map. Still trying to figure out light script change for the La Fire stations. The LA map had small changes to it but still same over all. Nothing major to wow about sorry. The lights radiation is strong but i have to just them, because in the day time you would not see them that strong. Progress is being made working on lights for unit, thanks aging for looking.

Well looks like this topic is dead. Everyone that had offered to help or in reality took it over have bailed. I'm happy with the work that has been done but those that had jumped on board have gone to do their own work. So at this point I give up. I will work on it as I have time but at this point I just have lost the excitement over it. I so did not want to be that guy that got everyone excited and then did just exactly this. Sorry folks appreciate all the comments perhaps a Boston mod will come out soon. I just don't see me being a part of it.