cops

anti drinking commercial

Do you think this message will help people to drink less?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this really help

Well, it's just more promoting to don't drive while you have drinked some beers or whatever, not to stimulate people to don't drink. But I think It will help. Before this, I thougt pretty easy about traffic accidents, but when I saw how dangerous and horrible this accidents are. I didn't know that an traffic accident is so badly an serious. I think people who have a party, and saw this, think twice before they go driving.

I've seen so many PSAs like this that I've basically lost any sensitivity to them. Not that I drink and drive - but common sense and/or higher police presence/fines/legal consequences should be more of an incentive to safe and sober driving than making all those high-budget PSAs (paid with your taxes, mind you) and featuring blood, people crying, car crashes, etc... They're so dramatic that they end up being just too much, and then I just laugh my ass off.

Want to have some fun with that PSA?

1- Mute the sound from the video.

2- Find a copy of the 1812 overture by Tchaikowsky, skip to the finale (last minute or so) and pause it.

3- Start the video and the 1812 finale at the same time. Enjoy.

It only works with the part with all the crashes though, but I think if you time it right, the finale should cover it just fine.

By the way, if you want to try it yourself:

Tchaikowsky's 1812 overture:

(Set it at 3:04)

And set the PSA at 2:15.

The segment with all the crashes doesn't cover the whole finale, unfortunately, but if you time it right, some of the canon shot are perfectly timed with some highlights of the video such as the car splashing into the water, or the explosion.

By the way, before you start calling me a sick, disturbed puppy: There's nothing in that video but actors, car stunts, corn syrup and special effects. :)

*joins fellow staff... As a whole us in the first-world are so de-sensitized it's comical to us when you try to "shock" us into "this could happen to you" type of bs... perhaps just perhaps get better laws and enforce them harshly people would be less prone to DUI, these commercials make drunk people laugh, not think about not driving.

I actually started to drink more after the video. :1046276057_GroupHug:

It's a nice compilation of crashes which are so hilarious I thought I was watching a drama movie. I even laughed a couple of times. The song is actually the most saddest part of it.

If you wanna know what crashes can do to human bodies visit a 'shock site' with real photos of car accidents. A real photo can far more impressive or shocking than this video.

Thanks AMI, that was priceless it made my day=)

The reason people drink and drive you'll figure out tactical... You're not driving yet so you still have the mentality most start with, we'll see when you're 20-25 whether or not you believe the "law" is right and you must comply with it... Or if like most you think you're "better" than the average drunk and can drive a car, some really can but most generally can't.

Actually it was a cannon blast but oh well... :P:wall:

Please note: For all you Germans, the video is blocked in your country, but I might be able to dispute the copyright claim under Fair Use (the video IS under the 'Education' tab, after all) and it technically serves a purpose.

Haha good job! Being only 13, I know not to drink and drive, but I don't get why people do it anyway. There's nothing wrong to call someone to pick you up at the bar if you're drunk... :P

People are just too drunk to realize not to drive. I have friends that tell me they're great drivers when they drink. Coming from my own friends....its pretty sad. It's like impossible to talk them out of it. They think nothing can happen to them.

Do I think these videos have an affect on DK driving, no because a)who watches them? and b) Everybody that does it, has been told its bad before, but don't listen, so I dont think a video is going to change that.