goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

can you make a map with multiple stations? that way we can play multiplayer :P

if possible I would like to have 3-4 small 2 or 3 bay fire halls,dedicated BCAS station(also stationed at hospital) and 1 large police station.All would be Surrey staffed with all the additional units coming from off map.

I think that the most important aspect I would like to see improved is the gun damage. In the LA/NY mods even in original EM4, the gun damage is significantly low. This creates SO much unrealism and I HATE watching the two sides blatantly standing there shooting off rounds with blood splatters and no effects. It takes like 4 shots until they go down, don't even get me started on the MP5 for the LA/NY mod.

I think that the most important aspect I would like to see improved is the gun damage. In the LA/NY mods even in original EM4, the gun damage is significantly low. This creates SO much unrealism and I HATE watching the two sides blatantly standing there shooting off rounds with blood splatters and no effects. It takes like 4 shots until they go down, don't even get me started on the MP5 for the LA/NY mod.

to add to this i think it would be nice to have the police lose the fight every once and a while so you get an officer down. because in the other mods i have played i seem to always win and it gets boring after a few times

It's a sensitive topic, but if it is what the majority of the Red Watch Modifcation's followers want - we will include several line of duty deaths stemmed to each of the Emergency Services branches. I don't have any objections for the idea, however it is the matter of how feasible the scripting is when it comes to having LODDs to occur throughout your call of duty. I will talk to several EM4 pro scripters and see if I can get some consultation on the matter.

It is one of our goal to incorporate what would be single player missions, into the Freeplay map, and therefore can create a challenging environment with different severity and multitudes applied to each of the calls.

To be blunt with everybody here, we are not exactly acknowledged of scripting. We're a pair of greenhorns when it comes to that. So we hope to see some scripters that are willing to volunteer and join the team. If we balance the level of realism and authenticy of our models to scripting, the mod will progress faster. It's the matter of when and how...

One of our development members is Cops, and he is, as far as I know, our only scripter. Todd and I hope to join him after we figure everything out, lol.

It could theoretically be done in an easier way - for example lowering the health of police officers slightly so that they sometimes lose fights ;)

I believe there would have to be some sort of scripting because then cops would get their ass kicked all the time. It would need to fluctuate so it would be a toss up of whether the cop would be able to get the person under control or not before they take too much damage. If that is possible maybe it could be scripted so more than one cop could try to arrest a suspect at one time. More cops (to a certain extent, we don't need 30 cops trying to arrest someone, maybe 4-5) would equal more likely of a chance of arresting the guy without the cops getting too hurt. This would mean more then just sending out a lone cruiser to a violent call for a better chance of successfully completing it, and make the game more realistic.

I love the BC Sheriff cars with their unique colour and decals,we will use them somehow in the mod,maybe have a courthouse on the map.I know in BC the Sheriff's do mainly court duty and prisoner transfer,but in Kelowna they are now doing traffic duties and if it is successfull it will be province wide.

post-17160-0-32275300-1331776956_thumb.jpost-17160-0-79031300-1331776958_thumb.jpost-17160-0-60185300-1331776960_thumb.j

Nice sheriffs unit. The issue with dealing with suspects tiypically the odds are against officers. One on one fight you could rewrite the script so two officers take the suspect down. If you have a one unit responding to a call or on site, when taken on the suspect. make angey level go down and have a officer in trouble= OT button. Depending on the units responce will result in the out come of call and injury or death to suspect or officer.

Break down for responces units. Two man units handle rapid responce calls , service unit handle report calls and team up for two man calls if rapid is tied up . Wagon transports and raipid calls. Patrol supervisor and detectives responded to calls if requested. You could create a mod just in Police calls along. Police responded to every thing just about. Goog keep up the work. Just sitting here montoring ltraffic pedsestrains and lights at 4:00 A.M. Bosotn Ma, North Eastren university due to fire and black out fun fun!

Nice sheriffs unit. The issue with dealing with suspects tiypically the odds are against officers. One on one fight you could rewrite the script so two officers take the suspect down. If you have a one man unit responding to the a call or on site, when taken on the suspect. make angey level go down and have a officer in trouble= OT button. Depending on the units responce will result in the out come of call and injury or death to suspect or officer.

Break down for responces units. Two man units handle rapid responce calls , service unit handle report calls and team up for two man calls if rapid is tied up . Wagon transports and raipid calls. Patrol supervisor and detectives responded to calls if requested. You could create a mod just in Police calls along. Police responded to every thing just about. Goog keep up the good work. Just sitting here montoring ltraffic, pedsestrains and lights at 4:00 A.M. Bosotn Ma, North Eastren university due to fire and black out fun fun!