goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

as long as there is a tim hortons and a canadian tire, maybe a td bank or something and i'll be happy :)

Surrey is similar to the la mod map,other than street placement and the afformentioned stores. It will be totally new though and will have more trees and grass as our British Columbia west coast is less arid than LA.

heres some map suggestion- why not put some police substations, adding more then two Fire Halls, switch between the normal map and a winter map, types of calls- ring alarms, MVA or TC involving a moose,

I don't think you can switch between maps it's got to be a winter or no winter map.There are no moose in the city,but a human hit and run would be cool and more realistic.

Do you want to wait for two years for us to make two maps, or one? Realistically? We are only doing one autum/winter map.

Since that the map wil contain populated highways and roads, you should expect vast calls related to automobile collisions. The map will keep you busier than the LA mod callouts. I'm talking about commercial and industrial auto fires, accidents, break-downs. One of the callout may require you to pull out a van from the creek after it spun out on black ice, possible entrapments and there will be wolves around ready to attack personals. Man I'm so excited.

was going through the cv's and found that WVPD,NWPD and PMPD were pretty similar in appearance,especially the first 2. I did the alternate version of the WVPD and liked it so much I did the charger also.

post-17160-0-52766600-1331607039_thumb.jpost-17160-0-83199200-1331607041_thumb.jpost-17160-0-92271900-1331607044_thumb.j CROWN VICTORIA

post-17160-0-06416300-1331607047_thumb.jpost-17160-0-87394300-1331607049_thumb.jpost-17160-0-22777100-1331607052_thumb.j CHARGER

was going through the cv's and found that WVPD,NWPD and PMPD were pretty similar in appearance,especially the first 2. I did the alternate version of the WVPD and liked it so much I did the charger also.

post-17160-0-52766600-1331607039_thumb.jpost-17160-0-83199200-1331607041_thumb.jpost-17160-0-92271900-1331607044_thumb.j CROWN VICTORIA

post-17160-0-06416300-1331607047_thumb.jpost-17160-0-87394300-1331607049_thumb.jpost-17160-0-22777100-1331607052_thumb.j CHARGER

Actually west van has gone to black and white cars as of ummm five years ago. But still looks awesome!

Actually west van has gone to black and white cars as of ummm five years ago. But still looks awesome!

I originally had the black and white but it's too similar to NWPD and Transit police so I used the other version which is still in use.

Yeah, we're going to add a variety of false alarm calls. A prankster calls 911 from the transit station reporting there a stabbing. Your PD, SFS, and BCAS arrives on scene realizing that there was no stabbing in the first place. A box alarm from a local business shop, or smoke coming out a house reported by a neighbor, then again your engine crew gets told off by the owner. Burnt food.

The ratio of a 911 calls having real emergencies and non-emergencies is 50/50, hypothetically. Some of the calls may require the department of transportation and road works for highway duties.

Do you want to wait for two years for us to make two maps, or one? Realistically? We are only doing one autum/winter map.

Since that the map wil contain populated highways and roads, you should expect vast calls related to automobile collisions. The map will keep you busier than the LA mod callouts. I'm talking about commercial and industrial auto fires, accidents, break-downs. One of the callout may require you to pull out a van from the creek after it spun out on black ice, possible entrapments and there will be wolves around ready to attack personals. Man I'm so excited.

Wolves ready to attack personal? I havent been this giddy about something since my graduation date lol, though it brings back one bad memory of our encounter with them on a call, anyways, but it will definately spice up the gameplay. Aswell nice job on the charger goog

Haha, it's going to be a challenge for the RCMP constables on scene. For a simple traffic accident may require a lot of resources on scene. You may be required to dispatch several police general duties for traffic control ( place traffic cones to bock off a lane, positioning your vehicles to re-reroute or block off traffic and pedestrians. You may have to make a landing zone for the BCAS life flight to extract the patient to the hospital. if it's possible, we can script in some DUI drivers around the map, some might not be fortunate enough and rolls through your accident scene, possibly injuring your members, but I'll have to take a look into that.

Another call may occur in the forestry area of the map, a bear attack on a creek and the only way to get there is by boat and dirt trails. Life flight is the best option as well. The bear will still be around, so you better take advantage of the RCMP for that, lol.

There is just a lot of calls that I can't spill out, I want to keep the element of surprise uncompromised for you guys.

Your bear attack is a real good idea. What would normally happen is BCAS would either 1) get a car as nearest to the patient as possible and send in conservation with BCAS or if that is not the case option two happens.

2) BCAS contacts the RCMP and notifies them of a SAR event. RCMP approves it and then SAR is activated and heads out to stabilize the patient and either 1 transport it to the nearest ambulance car or two SAR (if they have the resources ie enough personnel sets up a landing site. If they do not then they request the local fire department to create a site.

Oh and by wolves you mean cougars, and or coyote (think I spelled that wrong)?

Haha, it's going to be a challenge for the RCMP constables on scene. For a simple traffic accident may require a lot of resources on scene. You may be required to dispatch several police general duties for traffic control ( place traffic cones to bock off a lane, positioning your vehicles to re-reroute or block off traffic and pedestrians. You may have to make a landing zone for the BCAS life flight to extract the patient to the hospital. if it's possible, we can script in some DUI drivers around the map, some might not be fortunate enough and rolls through your accident scene, possibly injuring your members, but I'll have to take a look into that.

Another call may occur in the forestry area of the map, a bear attack on a creek and the only way to get there is by boat and dirt trails. Life flight is the best option as well. The bear will still be around, so you better take advantage of the RCMP for that, lol.

There is just a lot of calls that I can't spill out, I want to keep the element of surprise uncompromised for you guys.

That would be cool, though you should stop saying all of this before I start pulling my hair out from the excitement lol, and btw, I am not one that is easy to excite :P

wow I like your idea's!!!!!

But a bear attack?

Hmmm... I'm not really sure about that :P

But we will see :D

Bear Attacks/Wildlife attacks are fairly common in British Coulumbia, however unlike most other provinces they dont ussualy go on the news unless it was in a high denisty urban area such as vancouver. But I like the idea of an animal attack, a bear or cougar that attacked a guy and severly injured him, and when your units are advanceing towards the scene you have the suspense of a bear, cougar or a pack of wolves even waiting to ambush your units, or they stalk your personal and wait for them to isolate from the group. That kind of attention to scripting detail can keep a game fresh and playable over and over and over

Oh and by wolves you mean cougars, and or coyote (think I spelled that wrong)?

Most likely. However there have been reports of wolves in North Vancouver. In fact, we just had a call last december about a pack of wolves casually walking down a street over here. They were too big to be coyote's or cougar's. I haven't heard of anything recently.