goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

The first year and a bit was the old skinning project (it more or less was practice for me to develop my skills),it's been less than a year since changing to a full blown mod with all new models,map,buildings,ect.

why is the k-9 tahoe unmarked? i would have thought it would be marked

To answer why it is unmarked in real life, it's more than likely the same reason most departments are using to justify unmarked K9 vehicles. As these officers are on call, they have their vehicles with them all the time. By giving them an unmarked unit, it lets them look a little less conspicuous when home, instead of a big, marked SUV sitting in the driveway

To answer why it is unmarked in real life, it's more than likely the same reason most departments are using to justify unmarked K9 vehicles. As these officers are on call, they have their vehicles with them all the time. By giving them an unmarked unit, it lets them look a little less conspicuous when home, instead of a big, marked SUV sitting in the driveway

This. Friends cousin is a K9 handler for the county sheriff's office and they gave him an unmarked minivan. His dog specializes in drug detection along with being used to track so if he is ever assisting the Drug Unit he can be in the area and not arouse suspicion. He's actually was on normal patrol one night and was sitting in a parking lot when he watched a drug deal happen right next to the minivan he was in.

NIce! Will the spotlight work?

Yup. Not only the spotlights will work but also FD apparatuses scene lights too, and thanks to COPS, we can move or angle the lights 360 while lights are on.

Also, COPs's awesome 5 light options script will allow me to make different light modes ( code 1, 3, stationary, traffic bar and forward white lights as per to NFPA code, which will be explained below)

When operating any fire apparatuses, you can disable the forward white lights. when the apparatus is driving, the white activates. When the parking brake is applied, the white lights must shut off in order to be NFPA compliant. This will help with FPS in the game when at scenes but still need the lights activated.

Well, this is all I have to share for now. Adios.

Does anyone here got any idea what the size of the option buttons are in EM4? Like the directional lights on button, the Light's on button; as Mitch is working on a custom command lights & siren box interface but is unsure of exact demension ... any help for Mitch is appriecated :)

... any help for Mitch is appriecated :)

If I am in the right spot:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Data\UI\Game\Icons\Commands

They are 64x64 blocks. However the icon itself seems to be 46x33 with the remainder of the block being transparent.

Hope thats what you needed :)

If I am in the right spot:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Data\UI\Game\Icons\Commands

They are 64x64 blocks. However the icon itself seems to be 46x33 with the remainder of the block being transparent.

Hope thats what you needed :)

Thanks, sounds right.

Appreciate it. :)

Would anybody here be interested in hearing one of our sirens that will be featured in the modification ? It won't be a in-game footage, but a demo track of how real it sounds. All of the tones have environmental effects to it and i know last year i made a siren video, but at that time the quality of the tones wasn't up to par.

If anybody wants to vouch for a demo track, i can post a link to our Whelen Dual sirens that will be used by Vancouver Fire Services and several other fire apparatuses available in the mod. I've added music to it to prevent audio theft and rip off, but you'll get the idea of it.

You know... that sprinter is slowly growing on me... not by much though... I still think it looks butt ugly and has a face only a mother could love, for all those that are sitting there shocked, before you go and start ranting and raving and calling for blood that goog and cfd did great work on the model and lighting I am not disputing that. What I don't like about BCAS in using the sprinters is that they had just ordered the chev demers so why and go order these things. even if it is just to transfer patients around in.

Just my two thoughts... Goog and CFD know that I will back them to the ends of the earth and protect them from the other rabble around here :)

I actually agree with you on this one, it seems that you could not fit as much equipment into them and they just look ridiculous. Still a great job on the lighting and skin, even if I don't like the unit in real life I can appreciate the RCMP mods team excellent work.

Thanks. We are going for realism, and it is real and it does hold some sort of purpose, OMG did I just say that, maybe the paramedics got too shell shocked by the big gain of room they got from Crestlines to the Demers that they went WE WANT MORE!!! and went with the sprinters lol.

I remember one time on a cartiac arrest call we had to hump on the chest all the way to the hospital (about a 10 minute drive) it was the most awkward thing in my life trying to do it in the back of a crestline. I never got a chance to do it inside a demers as I moved out of the province a year after they came in, but from what I heard they had fixed this problem. And I guess they took a step further by getting the sprinter.

So like i said it has it uses... just a face only a mother could love :D