goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hey guys,just a small update to let you know we're still here and working.I took our sprinter and improved the skin greatly and model (100% accurate).

I made a front lightbar housing and rear (above doors) set up that is accurate to the real world unit.

I also did a Tahoe skin in the new Tahoe model that replaced the old version.(see page 1 for tahoe picture)

bcas1.jpg

bcas2.jpg

bcas3.jpg

I still don't know if I like BCAS using those vehicles.... they just look so small compaired to the new Chevs that they bought. I am not sure if they want to go more european or what. It is a very nice model though Goog.

And I know that they are hoping to use these more for patient transfers... but still.

post-17160-0-43167100-1354899831.jpg

Here's a nice side by side shot squamishfire,It's a tad higher but a little narrower but not a major size difference.

I'm seeing it used more than just for transfers (lots of youtube videos of it code 3 already)...I've seen an advanced life support unit also.I think they like the smaller size for the city,but I don't think it will replace the chevy demers ambulances.

squamishfires comment is correct,work is ongoing...

Here's Newfoundking's words from 4-6 pages back as to our release of progress and infromation,I'll paste them for anybody who didn't see them.

"As for updates, they'll be issued when we have something worth issuing. I could do two alternative options, which is show you every little thing we finish, and deal with all the complaints about how we don't have a quicker release of the mod, or I could even go as far as telling everyone every idea we have. Neither will do any good, and although you may think it's great, something that works in theory doesn't always apply in the real world (see marxism). That meaning, if we for example decided to add in a new type of event on freeplay, but when we put it in, it wouldn't work, well now we've gotta go back after announcing this great new thing, and say it doesn't work, letting you folks down.

Now you understand my logic behind the releasing of info. Oh, while I'm here, I'll let you know what we're doing now, behind the scenes. We're trying to finish up the first phase to this mod, and get on to getting it working. Does that mean a near release date? Hell no. It just means we are making progress "

I think you miss my point, but fair response.

I think it'd be nice (and I think my opinion reflects many members) to see functionality rather than just models and lighting, as nice as they are. I.e. it's great to see the endless variations of PD and EMS this mod will have to offer, but can we see stuff like, maybe just something as simple as responding to an EMS run in game, which requires minimum - one EMS unit, and about 20 seconds of gaming time.

I don't think people are asking to see the entire mod nicely laid out moments from release, or to be told about features etc, just a glimpse of actual em4 gameplay that shows how things are gonna be running etc.

Just my opinion,it may differ from others'.

x

There is Fire and EMS units in this mod as well as police units. The reason why videos have not been released at this time of gameplay is because we are not using a conventional method for gameplay, so this is still in the works. Yeah, there could be an upload of a vehicle on a map we're not using, with it responding to a call that won't exist in the final version, but this would not accurately reflect the final version, or even the first version.

The mod team has decided against the traditional freeplay method, as we didn't find this suitable to our tastes, nor the goal that this mod was set out to achieve. Therefore we are taking a bit more time on this than we would cars, so we don't have gameplay which would accurately represent the mod being released. There will be loads of gameplay released, but because a car takes about 20 or so man hours to get it fully functional, you'll see a lot more of those appearing than the others.

tl;dr: Cars are quicker to finish than a new way to play the game, thus you're seeing what's being done first.

There is Fire and EMS units in this mod as well as police units. The reason why videos have not been released at this time of gameplay is because we are not using a conventional method for gameplay, so this is still in the works. Yeah, there could be an upload of a vehicle on a map we're not using, with it responding to a call that won't exist in the final version, but this would not accurately reflect the final version, or even the first version.

The mod team has decided against the traditional freeplay method, as we didn't find this suitable to our tastes, nor the goal that this mod was set out to achieve. Therefore we are taking a bit more time on this than we would cars, so we don't have gameplay which would accurately represent the mod being released. There will be loads of gameplay released, but because a car takes about 20 or so man hours to get it fully functional, you'll see a lot more of those appearing than the others.

tl;dr: Cars are quicker to finish than a new way to play the game, thus you're seeing what's being done first.

I'm very aware of the 'man hours' it takes, having made several maps etc, I'm just saying, even when I get the first few blocks down I'd show it off in game to demonstrate the gameplay feel, the base Em4 has a distinct feel and different mods have different feels to them. I think it'd be most beneficial to the people following progress to get this feel, rather than snap shots of how a rig will look lit up etc.

Just trying my best to get to see into what it is you guys are doing, not trying to get you to reveal all or anything. Well anyway that's best I can word my thoughts, hope it influences your decisions on what you'll be sharing with the community, I just personally want to get a look beneath the surface of unit shots and light videos after following the mod for 2 years.

x

Look at what I found!!!

This was in this topic somewhere back there but I knew it was there so I went to youtube.

Just what you are looking for but a little outdated as it is still using the LA police models.

Personally I think you are trying to stir a pot right now. You asked... we told you... you wanted more.

never the less here you go.

Look at what I found!!!

This was in this topic somewhere back there but I knew it was there so I went to youtube.

Just what you are looking for but a little outdated as it is still using the LA police models.

Personally I think you are trying to stir a pot right now. You asked... we told you... you wanted more.

never the less here you go.

Ahh something like that would be exactly what I'm looking for yes, but for this mod not LA yeah. Just something to show off the mod, as a mod rather than a light show kinda thing, even just pictures would be cool. Just to look at how the mod will play out, I'm not trying to rush the reveal of stuff or anything, that's not my intention, purely my own curiosity, just thought my comments may spur some gameplay related reveals in the near future.

As for stirring the pot.. I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at there, I'm asking questions, had no idea that wasn't permitted, there is no hostility in my tone, and I'd challenge you to find a time on these forums I've ever 'stirred the pot'. I'm good friends with Chad and at a time was close with the progress of the mod from the inside.

So climb down off that high horse of yours, yeah?

Muchas Gracias

Dyson

x