Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

suggestion why dont you relaese bug fix for 2.3 and then u can work on ur next version.Right now i like the latest version but too many bugs.

Thanks J, I have some to learn about mods and sub-mods. Im trying. ;)

Im still a fish outta the water here on forum and with the game considering my downloaded version does not work... cant seem to register it. Posted a question in another forum asking what Americans use... and have not got any helpful replies as of yet... so all I have been able to do is try demos. :(

Tim

Which one do you have? EM4? American use 911 First Responders. Which type of computer do you have also? XP,7,ME lol?

The NY sub-mod hasn't been made on the base game of Em4 but on top of the LA modification making it a sub-mod. It could be made into its own mod but it would be harder because we use some of the LA mod content. Also money doesn't play a factor in mod making that im aware of.

The NY sub-mod hasn't been made on the base game of Em4 but on top of the LA modification making it a sub-mod. It could be made into its own mod but it would be harder because we use some of the LA mod content. Also money doesn't play a factor in mod making that im aware of.

Well said and that is correct, no money is involved with making the mod. It's on people's own time at their own pace for free.

Well said and that is correct, no money is involved with making the mod. It's on people's own time at their own pace for free.

That's right jsutton, or else we be paying for the download and it yould have been completed by now. :grinsevil:

In terms of submods, imo, whats the point in doing what hoppah's already done, when you could just use all his scripts (with his very kind permission) and get mods completed a lot faster, I mean, tbh until loads of modelers got on board I was a one man team, and even I could make a submod, so yeah....

Thats just my 2p (cos I'm British... yeh)

Dyson

x

In terms of submods, imo, whats the point in doing what hoppah's already done, when you could just use all his scripts (with his very kind permission) and get mods completed a lot faster, I mean, tbh until loads of modelers got on board I was a one man team, and even I could make a submod, so yeah....

Thats just my 2p (cos I'm British... yeh)

Dyson

x

Technically, it would be classified as a submod no matter how much you change on it due to you are using the LA map, buildings, scripts, etc. right?

Do you have plans on removing those skyscrapers in your mod or are they there for good?

Technically if he created his own mod and used the content from the LA mod It would be a new mod. But he would have to credit whatever he used to the authors. Its only a sub-mod if its built on another mod or a alteration to the mod.

I dont know about dyson, but as a mod(or submod/whatever) creator I would not want to be pestered for several posts about "maybe you should release the new version" or " maybe you should not work on models and work on...blah blah blah" it is dyson's mod. they didnt even have to release it to the general public. We all know this is holding us over until the NY Mod comes out, so lets be grateful instead of just being annoying. It is dysons project, and dyson decides what gets released when and with what content. Not the players who didnt do any of the work.

Hey Dyson, finally what happened with the mission patch, did you leave that proyect?

still working on them, just i go through systematically, do as much on new units as possible, then when i run out of ideas/resources move on to another aspect: freeplay, then round and round until everything is done :)

Sup Dyson, I went ahead and tried your mod, and the biggest things that were wrong were :

Traffic timing, it caused horrible traffic flow across the map. (it's new york, but it would only be going certain directions.)

The engine is horribly unproportionate, and citizens walking around with guns. Also, the police van looks like a chop shop got ahold of it. other then that, the concept of it's good. :D