Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hey Dyson,

First of all... I just wanted to say I created an account on this site because of your mod. I'm a screen printer and embroider in NYC... and my 2 largest customers are NYPD and FDNY. I got an older version of one of the emergency games as a gag gift this Christmas because Im always wearing some of the apparel I create for FDNY or NYPD... and always get mistaken for being "on the job". Not to mention Im always at one of the training centers or at special divisions HQ's and get access to some of the cool vehicles and such. So I get made fun at by some of my employees who say I should have been a cop or firefighter.

Well just the other day... as I was being snowed in... I installed the game and saw all the international vehicles. it was ok... but ran into a problem with one of the scenarios... so I went to youtube and OMG!! I found all these mod videos for New York and LA. Wow. That led me to this site.

I seen the other NY mod which looks like it never got released... So again thank you for stepping up.

Now for the reason for writing, besides thanking you... I was wondering if I could be of any assistance? I have just about every logo of all the department divisions... and I know photoshop and coreldraw really well... so if I can be of any assistance to you at all in your continued efforts to create new mods... let me know. I would be happy to assist you... to show my appreciation for what you have done.

Keep up the great work.

Tim

(customshirts)

Hey Dyson,

First of all... I just wanted to say I created an account on this site because of your mod. I'm a screen printer and embroider in NYC... and my 2 largest customers are NYPD and FDNY. I got an older version of one of the emergency games as a gag gift this Christmas because Im always wearing some of the apparel I create for FDNY or NYPD... and always get mistaken for being "on the job". Not to mention Im always at one of the training centers or at special divisions HQ's and get access to some of the cool vehicles and such. So I get made fun at by some of my employees who say I should have been a cop or firefighter.

Well just the other day... as I was being snowed in... I installed the game and saw all the international vehicles. it was ok... but ran into a problem with one of the scenarios... so I went to youtube and OMG!! I found all these mod videos for New York and LA. Wow. That led me to this site.

I seen the other NY mod which looks like it never got released... So again thank you for stepping up.

Now for the reason for writing, besides thanking you... I was wondering if I could be of any assistance? I have just about every logo of all the department divisions... and I know photoshop and coreldraw really well... so if I can be of any assistance to you at all in your continued efforts to create new mods... let me know. I would be happy to assist you... to show my appreciation for what you have done.

Keep up the great work.

Tim

(customshirts)

thanks :D umm well yeahh if you could PM me any logos etc you have that'd be sweeet :) and also, you don't by any chance have any NYPD/FDNY fonts, the main ones i'm looking for are their numbering fonts, the ones from the sides of the trucks, can't find it anywere, but yeah thanks again man :D new units coming soon too ;)

dyson

x

thanks :D umm well yeahh if you could PM me any logos etc you have that'd be sweeet :) and also, you don't by any chance have any NYPD/FDNY fonts, the main ones i'm looking for are their numbering fonts, the ones from the sides of the trucks

hey Dyson... Assuming that you did your homework.. because it shows that you did in what you have done in your mods... there are many FDNY apparatus vehicles... and almost each one uses a slightly different front but they are all similar to the college-gate or also known as Freshman type of font. Some of the fonts I use on our FDNY Apparel are:

Freshman <---- Use Most

College

Bou College

College Slab

Wanted M45

Jersey Letters

Then there are some fancy fonts such as:

LHF Antique Half Block

LHF Burbank

LHF Firehouse

LHF Fullblock

LHF Old Stock

LHF Smalts

LHF State Street

We use the fancy ones for specific truck or stationhouse names etc.

As for NYPD...

Their main font for the letters NYPD is Rockwell Extra Bold

The other stuff on the vehicles in many cases is Freshman.

they too tend to have individualized insignia by squad or division.

Logos.... Which logos do you want? Let me know what you are looking for or what is on your drawing board and we'll see what we can help you out with.

Also I dont know if you are aware of this site or not:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com

it has actual photos of various generations of about 75% of the FDNY's Apparaus that are in service.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Its still in progress its supposed to be released this year

Why not release what they got and then add on to it later? Keep the interest... keep them wanting more. Granted you can never satisfy someone that way... but giving a little something is better then giving nothing at all.

I guess thats why this mod is available... which I am very happy about.

Tim

Why not release what they got and then add on to it later? Keep the interest... keep them wanting more. Granted you can never satisfy someone that way... but giving a little something is better then giving nothing at all.

Most of us rather wait for a complete mod with little bugs than releasing one that could potentially have numerous. Sure they could release it early but most early releases turn out to be a huge disaster and just causes more of a headache than the time spent enjoying the game.....This submod was made to hold people over until the other complete NY mod is done but these guys have been able to improve the game each release so it could turn into a complete mod eventually.

Tim

Dyson's mod is called a submod for the LA Mod, its not a complete mod. Him and his team has put in a lot of time and effort into remodeling / reskinning / and now designing models. The map and buildings are still from the LA mod. The other NY Mod is a complete mod made from scratch (New models, new scripts, new map, new equipment, etc.) so so its gonna take a lot of extra time before it can be released. It sounds like it may be getting to completion but something could come up to put the release back more.

Most of us rather wait for a complete mod with little bugs than releasing one that could potentially have numerous. Sure they could release it early but most early releases turn out to be a huge disaster and just causes more of a headache than the time spent enjoying the game.

Plus what fun would it be having a chunk of it but missing a very key feature that you may need on a certain call. The media package should hold us off until later.

Now back to the NY Submod is there a planned version of 2.4 or whatever the next would be.

well since none of these yahoos' said it I will, Welcome to the forums customshirts! I am doing some of the modeling for Dyson(models havent been shown to the public yet) and I wanted to know if I could use you as a source for some of the other models. so I can get the apparatus right.

hey Dyson... Assuming that you did your homework.. because it shows that you did in what you have done in your mods... there are many FDNY apparatus vehicles... and almost each one uses a slightly different front but they are all similar to the college-gate or also known as Freshman type of font. Some of the fonts I use on our FDNY Apparel are:

Freshman <---- Use Most

College

Bou College

College Slab

Wanted M45

Jersey Letters

Then there are some fancy fonts such as:

LHF Antique Half Block

LHF Burbank

LHF Firehouse

LHF Fullblock

LHF Old Stock

LHF Smalts

LHF State Street

We use the fancy ones for specific truck or stationhouse names etc.

As for NYPD...

Their main font for the letters NYPD is Rockwell Extra Bold

The other stuff on the vehicles in many cases is Freshman.

they too tend to have individualized insignia by squad or division.

Logos.... Which logos do you want? Let me know what you are looking for or what is on your drawing board and we'll see what we can help you out with.

Also I dont know if you are aware of this site or not:

http://www.fdnytrucks.com

it has actual photos of various generations of about 75% of the FDNY's Apparaus that are in service.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Tim

Freshman :D been looking for that for so long :D nice one :)

and yes welcome welcome.gif

dyson

x

well since none of these yahoos' said it I will, Welcome to the forums customshirts! I am doing some of the modeling for Dyson(models havent been shown to the public yet) and I wanted to know if I could use you as a source for some of the other models. so I can get the apparatus right.

Appreciate the welcome. I was sorta shocked being that my first post was to help out and not just take from the community... but its all good. :)

Sure, if I could be of any assistance when it comes to logos, designs etc... let me know if and how I can help. Just PM me with your requests.

Freshman :D been looking for that for so long :D nice one :)

and yes welcome welcome.gif

dyson

x

Thanks Dyson... Glad I was able to help.

Tim

Most of us rather wait for a complete mod with little bugs than releasing one that could potentially have numerous. Sure they could release it early but most early releases turn out to be a huge disaster and just causes more of a headache than the time spent enjoying the game.....This submod was made to hold people over until the other complete NY mod is done but these guys have been able to improve the game each release so it could turn into a complete mod eventually.

Dyson's mod is called a submod for the LA Mod, its not a complete mod. Him and his team has put in a lot of time and effort into remodeling / reskinning / and now designing models. The map and buildings are still from the LA mod. The other NY Mod is a complete mod made from scratch (New models, new scripts, new map, new equipment, etc.) so so its gonna take a lot of extra time before it can be released. It sounds like it may be getting to completion but something could come up to put the release back more.

Thanks J, I have some to learn about mods and sub-mods. Im trying. ;)

Im still a fish outta the water here on forum and with the game considering my downloaded version does not work... cant seem to register it. Posted a question in another forum asking what Americans use... and have not got any helpful replies as of yet... so all I have been able to do is try demos. :(

Tim

Thanks J, I have some to learn about mods and sub-mods. Im trying. ;)

Im still a fish outta the water here on forum and with the game considering my downloaded version does not work... cant seem to register it. Posted a question in another forum asking what Americans use... and have not got any helpful replies as of yet... so all I have been able to do is try demos. :(

Tim

Not trying to be mean lol, just informing you on the difference on why it is taking so long for the other mod to complete compared to Dyson's and why it's not good to release early. It's no problem at all not knowing about everything, a lot of people on this forum will help you out the best we can.

So you feel even more welcomed and I was mean to you, I'll say this - :welcome: customshirts lol.

hmm i still dunno, its a huge haul, i doubt it will be done anytime before november, as much as I'd love to play it, realisticly i cant see it being out any time soon :(

I won't believe anything till I see it. I think I read on there throughout last year that it was suppose to be done by summer of '10 and then read another one done by new years of '11 and it's still not released so until they put up a official release date or approximate time on the first post, then don't look forward to it being released anytime soon as Dyson said.

Back on Topic - Dyson or team.

It was asked earlier by Station 27 on the next version. Once its out of beta stage, will you make it 2.4 or what will the next version be read as?

I won't believe anything till I see it. I think I read on there throughout last year that it was suppose to be done by summer of '10 and then read another one done by new years of '11 and it's still not released so until they put up a official release date or approximate time on the first post, then don't look forward to it being released anytime soon as Dyson said.

Back on Topic - Dyson or team.

It was asked earlier by Station 27 on the next version. Once its out of beta stage, will you make it 2.4 or what will the next version be read as?

at the moment, I'm concentrating on adding as many new models as possible, then we'll figure out maps and versions etc :)

at the moment, I'm concentrating on adding as many new models as possible, then we'll figure out maps and versions etc :)

Alright, sounds good. Hopefully they all work out and don't run into problems.

I had my reasons for asking on the version to so was just trying to figure something out.

hey dyson nothing on you but i strongly recommend that you make a good strong base of the submod (without the bugs) and forget about adding models and stuff right now

I agree with Shadow Dyson. That's the reason I uninstalled it to be honest with you. It seems like more and more keeps getting added without getting old bugs fixed.

I'm not a expert on scripting and everything but I'll help you out the best I can to help you fix the bugs or whatever else you may need.

I agree with Shadow Dyson. That's the reason I uninstalled it to be honest with you. It seems like more and more keeps getting added without getting old bugs fixed.

I'm not a expert on scripting and everything but I'll help you out the best I can to help you fix the bugs or whatever else you may need.

the game version I'm working on, has been stable since like december ;D

the game version I'm working on, has been stable since like december ;D

I'm not sure Dyson. I just downloaded it 2 weeks ago and I just ended up uninstalling it because of numerous issues with it.....I redownloaded and will check it out to see what happens.

IM working on, it's not released....

Haha, I'm well aware that you have not released the new version. I'm talking about the 2.3 beta version.

Dyson, have you had any discussions referring to the traffic like making new paths so the cars aren't all lined up everywhere or just making some changes where there isn't like 7 cars coming in 10 second intervals? If so, I'll read through the whole topic to find it and see what was said before I ask questions. If not, I was wondering if you were planning on making some changes to the traffic in the next version?