Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Amizing job with the mod, no one CTD :) amaizing, two or three bug that i found

- the nypd suv's haven't got lights

- some lights not have his led support(sorry if you don't understand me, i don't know how explain it)

- the nypd cars can't park at the police station

but i repeat, amaizing job, Do not listen to those who say the opposite

It's quite simple really, if you don't like the mod, then don't play it, that's your choice. If you're going to criticise, then at least offer constructive criticism, tell them what you don't like and suggest improvements. I'm sure Dyson and Rafael will respond to this. Although there is no way that they can please everyone, someone will always want things changing.

Even if you don't like the mod, you should still respect Dyson and Raf for the time and effort they have put into the mod. They didn't have to, but they did for the community and this is the way you repay them. You should try making a mod the size of this, you'd soon realise how difficult it is when it's just done in free time with just two of you doing it. It's amazing that people are still willing to spend time making mods, when someone is always complaining about something.

This has gone a long way from the original NY Submod, and Dyson and Rafael have done a great job. Sure, there might be things that other people would do differently, but they've released a stable mod with great models, some great new scripts, and much more and we should be thanking them for this. Nobody should really be compaining that they've released a working mod that doesn't really have any problems.

@Patvmru, Use punctuation bud :D. and guys, lets not argue on here before the moderators come through this......oh no.....they may be coming any moment O.o

Unit 42:- Sorry for the lack of Punctuation was done on my Blackberry device really quick as having an issue getting the freeplay to work.

However I am now trying something I found in a read me file not sure if an up to date read me file or a old one but gonna try that now I am back home on my laptop and see if it works!

At the end of the day, I personally put a huge amount of effort into this mod, effort that could have been placed in any number of other projects, both online and real.

I shouldn't have to defend my work, not being bigheaded, but this mod is far more than the average 'reskin' and a few models from the online database type mods.

After releasing v1, which was also fairly stable, I contemplated working only privately with a few guys we know, they enjoy our mods and we're good friends, but rafael talked me into staying a public project and version 2 had begun.

After the comments we've received today, I for one no longer wish to contribute to this community, it's no longer fun and friendly, people are throwing cheap shots for no apparent reason. I'm not just whining because 'I can't take criticism', I took a shit tonne of criticism, in BETA TESTING, where it was constructive and useful. Like I said I shouldn't be defending this project, I'm pleased with it and I think it's pretty good for free.

Anyway as stated I'm now in Uni, these last few days I've been working on the mod between parties and lectures, but it seems once again wasted time, so in summary, I've spoken to Rafael about v3 being private, so this topic will be purely pictures etc, it's up to him, I wouldn't be annoyed if he continued public, but there will be no further public contribution to this mod project from my end.

Apologies to the few that will enjoy it, hope it's good and gives you a realistic simulation of the FDNY, but yeah after 2 releases and 2 rounds of 'slate the mod', I hope you'll understand my decision.

Dyson

x

p.s. - this isn't some stunt to feel sorry for myself so I'm not looking for members to suggest I stay on, this is more of just an announcement.

i say keep working because u did put alot of time into it some people may not like it but alot do its one of the best mods on here and i think it that it will continue to be through the years if its worked on no matter how long it takes. i just dont want you giving in and i hope alot of people agree

At the end of the day, I personally put a huge amount of effort into this mod, effort that could have been placed in any number of other projects, both online and real.

I shouldn't have to defend my work, not being bigheaded, but this mod is far more than the average 'reskin' and a few models from the online database type mods.

After releasing v1, which was also fairly stable, I contemplated working only privately with a few guys we know, they enjoy our mods and we're good friends, but rafael talked me into staying a public project and version 2 had begun.

After the comments we've received today, I for one no longer wish to contribute to this community, it's no longer fun and friendly, people are throwing cheap shots for no apparent reason. I'm not just whining because 'I can't take criticism', I took a shit tonne of criticism, in BETA TESTING, where it was constructive and useful. Like I said I shouldn't be defending this project, I'm pleased with it and I think it's pretty good for free.

Anyway as stated I'm now in Uni, these last few days I've been working on the mod between parties and lectures, but it seems once again wasted time, so in summary, I've spoken to Rafael about v3 being private, so this topic will be purely pictures etc, it's up to him, I wouldn't be annoyed if he continued public, but there will be no further public contribution to this mod project from my end.

Apologies to the few that will enjoy it, hope it's good and gives you a realistic simulation of the FDNY, but yeah after 2 releases and 2 rounds of 'slate the mod', I hope you'll understand my decision.

Dyson

x

p.s. - this isn't some stunt to feel sorry for myself so I'm not looking for members to suggest I stay on, this is more of just an announcement.

This is a hurried decision IMHO.

Just count the people supporting your project and the ones who don't... isn't it enough?

If you want to "surrender" to such a little "opposition"... that's up to you... farewell, and thanks for what you gave to this "no longer fun and friendly" community.

I love the two different freeplay options. I'm very impressed overall with the mod, with only a few minor fixable errors that I have seen, it is great. Glad to hear there will be a continuation of the mod, just wish V1 worked for me. :)

Hallo,ich finde das verhalten von manchen Leuten einfach voll daneben,nur über alles schimpfen und schlecht machen.Das Manhatten Mod Team opfert seine ganze Zeit und gibt sich Mühe damit wir Spaß an der Mod haben,

aber manche kapieren es nicht.Fehler gibt es fast in jeder Mod,wenn Ihr so toll seid macht es besser oder seid still.Danke an das Manhatten Mod Team und weiterhin viel Erfolg.Lasst Euch nicht runter kriegen

Gruß aus Deutschland Thomas.

--

Hello, I don't like the behavior of some people. Only yell and make something down or talk it bad. The Manhattan mod team sacrifices a lot of time and gives a lot of their own so we can have our fun with their mod. Some people don't understand that almost each mod has error. If you are so nice, make it better or keep quiet. Thanks to the Manhattan mod team and good luck for the future. Don't let you be taken down.

Regards from Germany, Thomas

Edited by Stan
English please

I have been notified that there is some, quote, "drama", unquote, going on in this topic. Then again, I'm not very surprised, as a mod topic that reaches over 300 pages is bound to experience some hiccups every now and then.

I'd just like to point out that there haven't been many, if any, reports lately about this topic concerning episodes of hate or otherwise sh*tty behavior. I can't be everywhere at all times, and neither can our limited team of moderators, so we're counting on you to point out objectionable posts and disruptive members through the Report button so that they can be dealt with.

I'm sad to see some of you are resorting to leaving this place and/or quitting modding due to childish behavior from some other members. I respect and understand your decision if it is final, but know that if you ever change your mind, I will be glad to help (and so will the rest of the moderators team) if you would be so kind as to report any post or member that happens to be rude and disrespectful.

I think I have already made it clear that I have a very small threshold of tolerance regarding a-holes. Rest assured that they won't be bothering anyone for long.

Right what voodoo just said and some other fowk Is true like we should be a community getting along with each were all here for the same reason right? And dyson and rafeal all the loyal fans here will support your decisions I know they will but when I first arrived here about start of last year (I think) majority of people got along but it's just been going down hill it's disappointing because I've seen the other forums but this has some of the most interesting people firefighters,EMTs,paramedics etc I've made a lot of good freinds here but we should really pull together yes haters hate etc but life goes on if dyson has chosen to go I'm sure he'd be missed

I end my point

Met

Alright for all of you that jumped the gun lets chill out yeah?

Version 2 requires you park any units you wish to use for the game, by default ALL STATIONS WILL BE EMPTY.

We also released with a few rigs not lit, because we were short on lighters, we advertised a lot, this is easy to patch though at a later date.

And the traffic, for real? We got so much grief about traffic, so we reduced it to an easily managable level.

Anyway, yeah, around 6 months work there guys, nice to see you're disappointed.

I'm sick of having to defend my mod to you guys.

Good day

Dyson

you guys deserve to sit back and relax this mod will be great once all the patchesare made and is great right now so evreyone needs to chill man.

I appreciate the gesture voodoo, I guess it's not people having a go I mind, it's just months of work which is then uploaded to a forum where all the peers are of similar interest, yet they seem to hate it. That's like turning down free stuff, that's how hard it hits, my reasoning is I don't want to spend another 6 months on the public project dreading releasing it to a choir of haters, I know people like it, but we get so much grief, far more than any other mod team, so it begs the question what's the point?

I enjoy modding, and our clan mp group I enjoy releasing it to them, they seem to genuinely enjoy playing our stuff, well why else would they be there, but on a public forum people aren't here for the mod, they are here for numerous reasons.

I don't want to seem like I'm dragging it out, I just want to fully explain my motives for my decision.

Me and Rafael have now spoken properly and have agreed to resume v3 privately, so only members of our MP group and close Em4 mates will be included. Sorry to all left out, but I hope you will empathise with out situation.

Dyson

x

Version 2.0 is very great, I love it, I played it today without any problems about 50 min.

I think it´s the better way, if the team use more facebook for the future.

I`ll stand by the team, I love this great and real mod.

Thanks at Dyson, Rafael and the rest of the team.

I have a CTD when loading any of the Freeplay options, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Harry.

Likewise I have the same issue but maybe that my laptop does not have enough ram try uninstalling all over mods and make sure none of your EM4 files have become corrupt from any other mods you have installed so maybe try reinstalling EM4 again as a fresh copy and just install this mod on it's own I personally am tomorrow after work gonna try to install it on my custom gaming desktop pc and see if it is just a ram issue as other mods work fine but this one seems to be bigger and had so much more work done to it and so I know I will work it out and get it going for freeplay and I know I will really enjoy this mod as they have done such great work, I also know the mod is fine as I have tried it on a friends copy of EM4 as he had downloaded it and it really is an amazing mod works fine no issues or bugs at all that I have seen and have thoroughly tested the scripts out etc today on his laptop!