Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Looks great guys :) Would be nice to hear some ambient sound, car honks, people, general city noises, and maybe sometimes at the ground the sound of a siren.

Btw, the voice will be ingame or it is just for the video, would be great to hear it ingame :)

And Times Square, is great!!! but needs it's typical hustle... ;)

The sirens are great, but I don't like the lights I don't know why :blush:

this is the closest to "real" that i could get 'em :(

if you're too far away it seems to glow too much, if you zoom in you'll see the rotary effect.

if i'd reduce the "glow" you would see too much of the single coronas.

so this was just a compromise but of course it'll stay a w.i.p. even if the mod is released. i might find a better solution...

anyway, i like 'em :P

greetz

So, the unit confirmations ("It's Okay", "Central, I'm 10-51...") are a hodgepodge of generic UK and Los Angeles accents; will there eventually be a switch to either pre-recorded chatter from a live dispatch, or voice acting? It's been a while since I've heard a lot of FDNY chatter, so I'm not sure what they use, but where I'm from (6hrs from NYC), our chatter would be things like "Responding", "In Service, Returning to Quarters" etc.

For anyone interested in Different types of sirens and mixing a few, Here's a good site, Might help with mod idk, Either way it's a fun way to pass a few mins :)http://trashtrampoline.org/sigs/supersiren/

Great work guys I’ve been watching this mod evolve and develop while plenty of other mods have fallen by the wayside, I can’t imagine the time and effort you all must be putting into it. I hope the server doesn’t crash with all the downloading when you finally release it! lol

Great work guys I’ve been watching this mod evolve and develop while plenty of other mods have fallen by the wayside, I can’t imagine the time and effort you all must be putting into it. I hope the server doesn’t crash with all the downloading when you finally release it! lol

Thanks man, yeah several hours a day atleast :) and should be able to host it from my 4shared account, that wont fail :) (touch wood)

I'm going to be constructive here, so don't kill me. First. The map, buildings, and vehicles look great. Nice job. The sounds are not so good in my opinion. Of the mods that I have played, I still think that the LA Mod has the best siren and air horn files. I would rather that you copy those than use what was shown in the video. Also the dispatching. I would rather have the British dude than the computer sounding guy. But surely you can get someone to do a voice over that is more realistic. If not, contact me, and I will try to help out. Also, I realize that you guys are not going to put a lot of traffic in this mod. But the streets do need to have a ton of parked cars on them. After all, it is NYC! At no time are their streets empty.

I know you guys are releasing soon, but I would wait and tweak these things. I also would not use the aerialscope as an engine company! With MW3, Battlefield 3 and a whole host of other games out there, I think that the "fall" release date can be tweaked without too much complaining. If you need more realistic siren and air horn files, I may be able to get you some. I definitely have the access, but converting them is another issue. Anyway, this is just my $.02

I on the other hand, am ok with the sirens... thats not the part that i really fully care about... i really like how you got the engine to really back into the station... i have seen any stations that worked with just the front door, and backing up into it.... it just goes in straight lol. i want to figure out how to do that script? can you help me maybe?

The video is more a demo of gameplay, saying this is how it's going to be, obviously there's things people will and wont like. The sirens aren't final (although I plan to use them for my private version cos Qs rock haha) but yeah the siren was more a demo of what I plan to do, the siren has startup tones before wailing, will be the same in the Eq2b version :).

As for parked cars and traffic. Again everything we do is a compromise between gameplay and realism. Having too many parked cars ruins traffic scripts and blacks up roads making it harder for emergency vehicles to overtake (even with firelanes haha) so there are still a lot of parked cars (but mainly on side streets) whereas all the action of yesterdays video was shot on hightstreets ;). As for the traffic, it's hard to explain but I'll say yes, after playing for a while there is plenty of traffic, but not too much as when you block a road the street isn't instantly filled haha.

Hope this answers a lot of questions, and please (I'm trying to be friendly about it hha) don't give us 'advice' on release dates. Is kinda patronizing being told 'oh you guys shouldn't rush in' or whatever :) We know when we are ready, we will release when ready :)

Dyson

x

People shouldn't worry about sounds, as they can be easily replaced :)

I loved the video, the lights were good. Shame there were no police calls though.

I can't wait :D

Are there going to be "call (unit)" commands like in LA mod? Didn't see them used in the video. And therell be a police patrol option? :)

People shouldn't worry about sounds, as they can be easily replaced :)

I loved the video, the lights were good. Shame there were no police calls though.

I can't wait :D

Are there going to be "call (unit)" commands like in LA mod? Didn't see them used in the video. And therell be a police patrol option? :)

Patrol will be added, currently is not, one of the details left to add :)

Edit - @EMCunit I agree, static would be nice, however those vids take agessss to make haha, so will re-do the vids once the mod is done, but will release these ones at the same time as the mod :) (they are optional btw haha) P.s. thanks for your praise, always nice to have praise from other developers :)

Edit 2 - @Cadetforce, I may do yeah, although I would prefer to have one host, cos' I love getting filefront up (the previous server) and checking how many downloads :') but we'll see :)