Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

Okay I am LOST. Your removing the ladder from fire station 2 (the one in your mod), and keeping the tiller at fire station 1. So, what's with this quint 9 we voted on? Is it replacing the old quint?

Yes, he is going to replace the Tower with the Quint t, leaving the Tiller at FS1 as I understand it.

FS1 = Tiller

FS2 = Quint 7

Okay I am LOST. Your removing the ladder from fire station 2 (the one in your mod), and keeping the tiller at fire station 1. So, what's with this quint 9 we voted on? Is it replacing the old quint?

Well your brought the tiller in to this lol. No one mentioned the tiller before you did. STFD is correct.

i was just wondering how what you PM'd me about is going to fit in ? Are you planning to do that too ? :D

Dyson

I will let you know ASAP.

As for the map, I think it is running pretty smooth atm. I was able to add a whole new path to utilize a less used road, and hey, whats LA with out Limos? The limos path,which has other vehicles spawn on this path to, will not hang up on objects when turning regardless of which way it is headed on the path(in case of being redirected), and I love the Peterbuilt/semi models in LA Mod 1.9/20 behind wal-mart so much, you can now find semis (with out a trailer of course)cruising on the freeway. After all whats a high way with out semis?!

Update:

I have a set of scripts in progress for a medical examiner. Actually there all done I believe, just need to work out one small bug and the rest should be good to go. What is the medical examiners purpose? The Medical Examiner must be called to a scene any time there is a dead body. The examiner must then examine the victim before the corners are able to pick up the body for transport. I am not real happy with the reskin for the Medical Examiner himself so I havent showed it here. However you can see previews of the Medical Examiner CV below. I do plan to move the numbering on the hood over slightly just so it isnt sitting across the raised section of the hood.

em4deluxe20100819094116.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100819094122.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100819094131.th.jpg

Texture:Myself

Model:NNICO

It does say New York.

I don't know why it doesn't say California.

@ Xplorer, I think the medical examinors and the coroner are one and the same.

I know I was lazy :P

Well, yes and no. They are in the same division, but there jobs are different. The examiner, in the case of LA, must have a medical and legal degree. However, the coroners do not in the case of LA, but this policy can differ drastically across the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_examiner

Such as California plates?

Wow..just wow. I really think its time to get outside. First your worried about brush clearance and now obsessing over plates? I planned to update he plates all along. Like I said I was being lazy. Besides how much time do you spend eye balling a cars plate in the game? My guess very little. Plus you cant even tell its NY plate unless your zoomed way in. If you use the games default zoom settings, you would never even know.

@Billy, btw, nothing personnel but the license plate issue was already brought up

Explorer, I like the ideas. One thing I dont like is the numbers on the hood of the Medical Examiner. I think they are too big. I would shrink them some. Just a observation. Looks good, keep it up.

Your right. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure what I was thinking there :P

Your mod is kinda reminding me of the winterberg mod. With all the small, but great details. Can't wait until your finished this should be GOOD.

lol Im not sure I would go that far. Winterberg is one of the most advanced mods out there.

Will be finishing up the CHP CV skin soon, just need to work out some minor bugs related to the medical examiner.

Also added a spawn point for a CHP Charger on the highway. It will spawn the charger, spawn 2 CHP officers, and then after a few seconds, it will set execute the vcmpatrolchp script/command to patrol the highway!

em4deluxe20100822140656.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140706.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140648.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140654.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140455.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140503.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140510.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822140516.th.jpg

Previews of the new LASD Vic. Need to redo the drivers side and dint get the doors 100% correct, but close enough for a preview.

Notes:

When possible I have tried to crop text off of pics of the real life units to keep fonts accurate. However on most sources the pictures arent taken straight on so the text will have a small slant to it, but with a little photoshop work I was able to rotate the text until it was nearly 100% level. The 911 text on the rear might seem a little big, maybe not. None the less I left it a bit large to try to keep it as detailed as possible. Now this applies to the text on the lower section of the door. This text is definitely larger then it should be, but imo it looks fine. Again I did it like this to try to make the skins as detailed as possible.

Speaking of details, I really wanted to place the unit number in the middle of the light bar because I found atleast one picture to confirm this. However, I didnt even attempt it because I really dont think it would be visible at all in game.

Feel free to leave constructive criticism. :)

Thanks guy. Surprisingly I was able to get 2 more done today, the K-9 CV which was very quick to do since it just needed the K-9 lettering and unit number changes. Also I was ble to get the LAAP Patrol car nearly complete:

em4deluxe20100822175519.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822175508.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822175513.th.jpg

em4deluxe20100822175516.th.jpg

Only thing it lacks is text on the rear fender and pin striping down the doors.

The only one left to do is the Port Police car on the police side and the EMS Supervisor on the Medical side.

There reskins of NNICOs Crown Vic he released. The light bars and push bumpers were chopped off Hoppahs models by me and applied to NNICOs CV by me. There are new models planned though and 2 of them should be about done. Helljumper said Quint 9 was nearly done last weekend and he said he would do one other model as well. The other model, Engine 51, well I have no idea whats going on with that right now as it's been "almost done" for some time now. Also need to get the lights updated to match the new models. Conroy has started on this and gotten one done already. Slowly but surely everything is coming together. ;)