Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

This actually made me giggle.

Maybe a small building would go better there? A large (inactive)supply closet of the sorts?

why have it inactive? if it didnt take so much effort maybe make it so the men for the SWR and the HR crane come out of there and maybe even the first ALS ambulance seeing the doors to the station open when the alarms activated on game start? just a thought, like i said idk how much effort it would take and wut all you would have to do

em4deluxe20100722145347.jpg

em4deluxe20100722145916.jpg

Going to experiment with this a bit more, but you can now choose to leave certain doors open, like the rear doors of the ambulances and battalion chief suv. Note that it does require you to do this manually such as installing the MCU for example.

Thanks to Paddy1995, for the original script.

Side note, still looking for a modeler, and I could use a bit of scripting help on getting the rear doors of FS3 to open when a unit returns to FS3.

How do I get this map?

Just to update you guys, making more progress. I decided to use a different "special door" script which was made by a-rescue. I am still playing around with the specifics on it but atm I am focusing on the ambulances. It needs a little more tweaking but as it is, when medics/emts go to grab the stretcher, the rear doors will pop open and stay open until you put a patient in the ambulance.

Also, thanks to w00ds for supplying the map texture I decided to remove the roundabout intersection. It never seemed very LA to me. Plus it was always a traffic hazard. For the most part it functioned fine, but sooner or later a traffic jam always happened here because one of the big semi/lory(sp?) trucks would come through and didnt have clearance to make it around the fountain. So now it functions like a regular intersection.

Making some path adjustments since traffic merging on the highway gets stuck very very often.

Things are coming along slowly but surely. Helljumper and Eggcarton have done some modeling, and I have finally decided to reskin the CV by NNICO to replace the CVs in the mod. Things have taken longer then I expected but it will be worth it. ;) Plus with the addition of the new Vics, Conroy, and possibly Occram have agreed to update the lights. Nothing new just moving the old lights in to place.

No idea what your talking about. The closest thing I could find to what you described:

20100612-TST-ORC-T43-012

LA City does not use any trucks like this. The only Ladder Trucks in service in LA look like this:

LTI

082909-HalbrentIC-488

ALF(American LA France who purchased LTI so this is likley why LA went to ALF for there tillers):

081409-LAFD-T38-031a

Now I will be putting this truck:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1015/quint9ds1417697.jpg

In to the mod because the tower ladder in the LA Mod was never realistic to begin with so I just cant see the harm in swapping out one unrealistic unit for another.

Then the answer is no. Generally I do not include units from outside of LA and it was hard enough to find modelers as it is. The only reason I though Rescue 5 and Quint 9 in to a poll is because there the 2 most unique trucks out of all those with in Vanderburgh County where I live, plus Rescue 5 models was done, just needed skinned.

Oh Thank You for removing that tiller lol. I hated how the tiller would swing around corners, the ladder looks much better.

Well your still going to hate it. :P I have not removed the tiller as it is the realistic ladder of the mod. The tower ladder, the one with the basket, is the one which will still be able to be dispatched, but not spawn in FS2.

Well your still going to hate it. :P I have not removed the tiller as it is the realistic ladder of the mod. The tower ladder, the one with the basket, is the one which will still be able to be dispatched, but not spawn in FS2.

I have to say, the tiller lends a certain air of authenticity, a sort of "big city" feel to the mod. Granted, the thing looked goofy as hell going down the street backwards or with an engine driving halfway into the trailer, but I can get over that. After all, it is just bits of code, they're not always going to work correctly. My only real beef with the tiller is that I can never get FF's onto a 2nd floor with it, I always have to use the tower if entering a 2nd floor.

On a different note, it would be totally sweet if you could get that quint to work correctly, and from there, maybe even take it to the next level and put hose connections on the tiller or tower. After all, those are usually "quintuple combination pumpers" or at the very least "quadruple combination pumpers" (that's for all you NFPA-legalese fans! NFPA 1901, specifically), and couldnt be so without a pump!

I have to say, the tiller lends a certain air of authenticity, a sort of "big city" feel to the mod. Granted, the thing looked goofy as hell going down the street backwards or with an engine driving halfway into the trailer, but I can get over that. After all, it is just bits of code, they're not always going to work correctly. My only real beef with the tiller is that I can never get FF's onto a 2nd floor with it, I always have to use the tower if entering a 2nd floor.

These things annoy me but there inherited from the LA Mod itself. Its possible to add physics to the tiller trailer but EM4 engine is to stupid to know to turn wide, so the trailer can clip something like a street or traffic light pole, and then it gets tossed some where completely else in the map. As for the window, again inherited from the LA Mod. I was planning to look in to this issue because I am almost sure it can be fixed, but it is a matter of finding some one who can fix the script. I have a possible work around in mind with out actually changing the script, but I have no idea how good or bad it would look. The FF just standing on the tiller, i can deal with, but if my work around had a FF hanging out past the edge, for example standing on air, then I would scrap it. Seeing as there is atleast once incident that does require the tower ladder on this map, I really hope I can get the tiller fixed.

Sorry hope I didnt bore anyone with that but just thought I would throw that out there.

On a different note, it would be totally sweet if you could get that quint to work correctly, and from there, maybe even take it to the next level and put hose connections on the tiller or tower. After all, those are usually "quintuple combination pumpers" or at the very least "quadruple combination pumpers" (that's for all you NFPA-legalese fans! NFPA 1901, specifically), and couldnt be so without a pump!

The tower, eh maybe, but the tiller/quint idea is almost a definite no. LA City has no quint tillers. LACoFD does but I believe all there quint/tillers are American La France, atleast that I have seen, so it might need a whole new cab model, and I am already throwing in a few new models in here, as well as updating some models, and throwing in a few reskins. Normally I do not approve of reskins but in this case, I think they add some variety.