Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

mm i don't like the looks of the rescue 5, and the quint may have the sameproblem. mayby this pumper an ather idea? pumper

or park the krane in station1 (instead of the USAR and the USAR in station 2?

I say Resuce 5 due to the fact that, if I remember right, this map is big? If that is the case I dont want to wait for a USAR truck to get to the oppisite side of the map that its stationed.

My two cents :prop:

mm i don't like the looks of the rescue 5, and the quint may have the sameproblem. mayby this pumper an ather idea? pumper

or park the krane in station1 (instead of the USAR and the USAR in station 2?

No and No. I have already said if I add something to FS2 it will be something that can utilize water.

I say Resuce 5 due to the fact that, if I remember right, this map is big? If that is the case I dont want to wait for a USAR truck to get to the oppisite side of the map that its stationed.

My two cents :prop:

No this map is standard size I believe, but the road lay out can cause longer response times then on Hoppahs newer map.

And what do you need to have USAR go all the way across for? The tower has jaws to ya know. ;)

And what do you need to have USAR go all the way across for? The tower has jaws to ya know. ;)

Now I do lol

Thanks, USman :prop:

I keep getting a lot of traffic problems towards the south - east of the map

I had the wrong Woods map installed - I had V1.1 rather than V1.3

Now that I have played the other one I realised that this will be great!

I hope I'm not holding you up though

I thought I would shows some screen shots of the next version in my submod series. Not that this is not even in the beta phase yet, so some things may change in the final version. Click the thumbnails for full size images. ;)

em4deluxe20100629005756.th.jpg

Here we have a previews of LAX RA 51. The former LAX RA from the mod was out of date. LA no longer has any front line ambulances with the front light bar mounted on the box.

em4deluxe20100629075813.th.jpg

No major changes pictured here at FS1. However you can see the Heavy Rescue Crane is parked a bit different. There doesnt seem to be enough room for the HRC to park here 100% correctly so I may need to make some adjustments.There was slight map texture modification done here by me.

em4deluxe20100629075933.th.jpg

Same goes for FS2, however notice this is the old FS2 model. As much as I prefer FS2 from LA Mod 2.0 it is to big and would take major renovation to fit it successfully. Again some texture modification was doen to accommodate the EMS charger and Brush. Renovations were done to the platform area of the train station to make room for the additional units. I tried to put them in the parking spots near the Tower truck, but due to tight quarters, they were causing the ladder truck to get stuck.

em4deluxe20100629080345.th.jpg

Some more texture modification was done to accommodate parking spots for the police cars. SWAT Units and such will have there own parking lot on the other side of the station.

Not everything is final, like I said, and these are not all the changes. Some things are best left a surprise! I hope you enjoy the preview.

I like the new freeplay map.

Quint it is, but now I need to find some one to model this and a few other things. This is the main thing holding back the project..is needing some one who can model. I could release it with out the new models, but I feel I would be releasing a half finished project. Thats the last thing I plan to do with the work I have done this time around.

Now on to some updates:

I removed the Call Police Helicopter command from all police personnel. I expect some people to be unhappy but I think the added commands to call units will make up for this. There will be 3 new "call" commands. I wont mention all of them to keep some surprises, but Police officers can now call a Tow Truck. It will only call the Tow Truck from AUS.

Also EMS Supervisor can Battalion Chief now have the ability to call the MCU(Mass Casualty Unit). I send the EMS Supervisor to most traffic accidents and find if theres 4 or more victims, the MCU is much easier to work with then depleting every single ambulance on the map.

Hear is a thought make Rescue 5 so we can call off map like mutual-aid. :gruebel:

Doubt I will be doing this. Theres enough fire trucks as it is and while not everything in my mod is realistic, I am not sure LA does mutual aid with a department there size.

My only idea is for fire fighters to have a DSU (pass alarm) go off when a firie is down and a radio message when a cop goes down. Thoughts?

Cheers

The pass alarm would just be to annoying imo. As for the cop idea, as much as I love the general idea, and I think I might be able to script this, the problem is how to do it. I will keep this in mind but right now I think I am mostly done adding features.

Progress update:

While I wait on E51 to be finished, and trying to find a modeler, I am trying to work on traffic issues. For the most part the map runs fine with increased traffic, but the problem is traffic merging on to the freeway likes to get hung up some times and this then causes a headache because traffic in the construction zone gets stuck and with the construction zone being one lane, it can be tricky to diffuse the traffic jam and usually takes 2 or 3 cops to redirect or stop traffic around this area.

I also set up a launching area in the port for the SWR truck. It is in game and working but needs some tweaking as the SWR likes to park sideways when launching the zodiac.

My only idea is for fire fighters to have a DSU (pass alarm) go off when a firie is down and a radio message when a cop goes down. Thoughts?

Cheers

The pass alarm would just be to annoying imo. As for the cop idea, as much as I love the general idea, and I think I might be able to script this, the problem is how to do it. I will keep this in mind but right now I think I am mostly done adding features.

The pass alarm would be annoying, and wouldn't really work in EM4 and wouldn't be needed because the only way they can be injured really is shot, blown up or run over. Although the 'officer down' would be cool. If you can do it you could use audio from the 1997 North Hollywood shootout! You will find plenty of them in those scanner recordings.

Progress update:While I wait on E51 to be finished, and trying to find a modeler, I am trying to work on traffic issues. For the most part the map runs fine with increased traffic, but the problem is traffic merging on to the freeway likes to get hung up some times and this then causes a headache because traffic in the construction zone gets stuck and with the construction zone being one lane, it can be tricky to diffuse the traffic jam and usually takes 2 or 3 cops to redirect or stop traffic around this area.

I will try to get E51 to you soon and if you want to you can remove the construction zones because I just find them annoying although they are well done on how they work.

By the time this mod is ready to go I might not have anything new to add to the other 2 submods planned lol. I feel theres quite a bit added, but some things are still being tweaked.

The plaza area in the middle of the map was just a major pain/trap for emergency units, so I added the strip mall that is located by the wallmart in the current LA Mod map. This took up one whole side of the plaza which, imo has turned out much better as units stick to the road much better and dont cut through the plaza nearly as bad. Will add screen shot tomorrow.

I have given LA Port Police there own patrol command and path. I usually keep one at LAPP station and send the other on patrol. The patrol path covers the road just outside the port and a stroll down the river front.

CHP was given there own patrol path/command so that they patrol strictly on the highway. Now this isnt quite perfect because they are set to take the exit ramp and use the over pass to get to the entrance on the other side so they tend to drive a bit fast on the over pass compared to the rest of the traffic.

Now just for fun, to test my skills, I am working on a call task force command for the BC. This would send the tiller and both BLS Engines from FS1 to a location of your choosing. Question is would you all be interested in seeing this replace the call Hazmat command? Do note that during my extensive testing/play, I notice that it is not uncommon to get a hazardous cloud call every few times you play and I feel atleast 2 hazmat trucks should be used for this call.

I have given LA Port Police there own patrol command and path. I usually keep one at LAPP station and send the other on patrol. The patrol path covers the road just outside the port and a stroll down the river front.

CHP was given there own patrol path/command so that they patrol strictly on the highway. Now this isnt quite perfect because they are set to take the exit ramp and use the over pass to get to the entrance on the other side so they tend to drive a bit fast on the over pass compared to the rest of the traffic.

Sound good. That way units will be spread more evenly around the map. Does CHP or LAAP have there own parking spot rather than going to the LAPD station?

I might put in parking spaces for CHP, and LASD but they would just be a parking spot kind of like they are just there to run radar, but they will return to the LAPD Station. LAAP, Im not quite sure how I want to do this. For testing purposes I simply used the LAX FS as a police station but i think I may remove some of the freight containers as soon as you come in the airport gates, and put a small building there.

Everything sounds great. Keep it up :)

The other idea you had, I would prefer it if you replaced the call HAZMAT command with the command to call a Tiller and 2 BLS Engines. If the HAZMAT is needed it can be called from off the map or selected at the FS and moved to where it is needed.

i like the idea for the hazmat and i compeletly agree with you about the few rare haz calls that do arise and randomperson139 is right sept i think only 2 engines would run not three would be better

I meant 2 not 3 in my previous post. Xplorer's idea was that 2 BLS Engines and a Tiller would be called.

em4deluxe20100722145347.jpg

em4deluxe20100722145916.jpg

Going to experiment with this a bit more, but you can now choose to leave certain doors open, like the rear doors of the ambulances and battalion chief suv. Note that it does require you to do this manually such as installing the MCU for example.

Thanks to Paddy1995, for the original script.

Side note, still looking for a modeler, and I could use a bit of scripting help on getting the rear doors of FS3 to open when a unit returns to FS3.