Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

I thought I would shows some screen shots of the next version in my submod series. Note that this is not even in the beta phase yet, so some things may change in the final version. Click the thumbnails for full size images. ;)

em4deluxe20100629005756.th.jpg

Here we have a previews of LAX RA 51. The former LAX RA from the mod was out of date. LA no longer has any front line ambulances with the front light bar mounted on the box.

em4deluxe20100629075813.th.jpg

No major changes pictured here at FS1. However you can see the Heavy Rescue Crane is parked a bit different. There doesnt seem to be enough room for the HRC to park here 100% correctly so I may need to make some adjustments.There was slight map texture modification done here by me.

em4deluxe20100629075933.th.jpg

Same goes for FS2, however notice this is the old FS2 model. As much as I prefer FS2 from LA Mod 2.0 it is to big and would take major renovation to fit it successfully. Again some texture modification was doen to accommodate the EMS charger and Brush. Renovations were done to the platform area of the train station to make room for the additional units. I tried to put them in the parking spots near the Tower truck, but due to tight quarters, they were causing the ladder truck to get stuck.

em4deluxe20100629080345.th.jpg

Some more texture modification was done to accommodate parking spots for the police cars. SWAT Units and such will have there own parking lot on the other side of the station.

Not everything is final, like I said, and these are not all the changes. Some things are best left a surprise! I hope you enjoy the preview.

The real question is whats going to be in the middle bay. Whats in there in the pic was a quick chop chop reskin just as a place holder for something Eggcartons been working on that will be revealed in the release. ;)

Oh and I wont go in to details, but lets just say you can expect to see some new personnel staffing the ambulances in the mod. I wont say any more details but believe me when I say I am really going all out on this submod. While I thoroughly enjoy Hoppahs new map, I think w00ds map opens the door for more possibilities. w00ds willingness to release the map texture was a huge help to the cause here. I dont know if he will ever read this but w00ds thank you!

The real question is whats going to be in the middle bay. Whats in there in the pic was a quick chop chop reskin just as a place holder for something Eggcartons been working on that will be revealed in the release. ;)

Oh and I wont go in to details, but lets just say you can expect to see some new personnel staffing the ambulances in the mod. I wont say any more details but believe me when I say I am really going all out on this submod. While I thoroughly enjoy Hoppahs new map, I think w00ds map opens the door for more possibilities. w00ds willingness to release the map texture was a huge help to the cause here. I dont know if he will ever read this but w00ds thank you!

im going to go with Lax engine 51 , even though its a blurry part of the pic , its the only yellow front line engine in the LAFD:)

im going to go with Lax engine 51 , even though its a blurry part of the pic , its the only yellow front line engine in the LAFD:)

lol alright i guess it should have been kind of obvious. Knew I should have moved it out before taking the shot lol. Station will be RA 51,E 51, and Foam 180(the Crash Tender).In reality only E51 and RA51 are stationed together but I wasnt going to add more Crash Tenders and another station for the tenders.

TBH, I am not going to edit the paths (for civil traffic) because I havent had any problems so far. Now once I get this release, hopefully in the next week, I can fix up paths if need be but I cant really fix problems I cant seem to duplicate :P

Looks great! Will there be HUGE crashes like the one on Hoppah's map? I, for one, don't really enjoy those. The game has a habit of doing the same event repeatedly, so cleaning up a 12 car wreck gets tiring after the 92387456th time

I love them, but the game only makes certain car wrecks happen. There are like 23, but I only got like 5 different ones. Anyway, that's probably not fixable. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

TBH, I am not going to edit the paths (for civil traffic) because I havent had any problems so far. Now once I get this release, hopefully in the next week, I can fix up paths if need be but I cant really fix problems I cant seem to duplicate :P

OK! I'll report some path issues if I download the submod. Maybe there won't be any issues... :holdglass:

Looks great! Will there be HUGE crashes like the one on Hoppah's map? I, for one, don't really enjoy those. The game has a habit of doing the same event repeatedly, so cleaning up a 12 car wreck gets tiring after the 92387456th time

I am not adding events to the map at this time. Once I get all of the submods released, then I am going to come back and probably add more events to the map.

I love them, but the game only makes certain car wrecks happen. There are like 23, but I only got like 5 different ones. Anyway, that's probably not fixable. :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Sadly I have no idea why this is. Maybe its an issue with the game set to only accept accidents up to a certain number.

Update: I mentioned earlier there would be new personnel to staff ambulances, and I have done just that. However, I can now confirm, its not quite as simple as I explained. Since I am working out some details/fine tuning, lets just say that there is no more set staffing so to speak. Instead of just seeing the same 2 medics run out every time you need to staff an ALS Ambulance, the game will choose a medic at random. So for example, you sound the alarm to staff an ALS Ambulance. 2 Medics will run out but

Medic 1 could be the typical FF/PM, it could be wearing uniform 2, or it could be wearing uniform 3.

Medic 2 could be the typical FF/PM, it could be wearing uniform 2, or it could be wearing uniform 3.

Like I said gotta work out the details a bit, but I think you guys will find it quite exciting. :)

Well I may have found a modeler, but I want to make sure he is on board before i say that with 100% confidence. Lets just say I need a modeler for a few things. Not just one. Some things I need a complete new vehicle, other I just need some small alterations done. For example, I already mentioned RA88 will be in the submod. I need a modeler to update the front end of RA88 as its drastically different then the front end for the current Ambulances. The rest you will find out in time, but one thing that excites me most is the random staffing of ambulances as this will be a major touch of reality.

ic, I agree on the ambulance staffing. Another idea, althouh laborous, would be to put triggers infront of traffic lights so they turn red as a emergency vehicle nears. That would probably be alot of scripting and work though. :gruebel:

Excited, USman :prop: