Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

ic, I agree on the ambulance staffing. Another idea, althouh laborous, would be to put triggers infront of traffic lights so they turn red as a emergency vehicle nears. That would probably be alot of scripting and work though. :gruebel:

Excited, USman :prop:

I love the idea, and I would love nothing more then to put this in there, but I cant do it. The closest thing to that would be adding the traffic lights turn red when you sound the alarms at the fire stations, and at one time I had that in the other submod, but theres not enough traffic imo.

Looks great! :gut: I like the yellow ALS fire truck! :D Will there be a yellow tower truck too?

Nope. LAFD does not operate any yellow ladder trucks. The closest thing they have is a stair vehicle, Stair 80 seen here.

hey xplorer, i have a small idea.

mayby its a idea to place also the redcorss humvee at the hospital with a parking space??

Since you may have a modeler, would it be possible to make a smaller ladder for fire station two? Or maybe but diffrent vehicle in that fits better. I am just wondering because that ladder doesn't fit right.

Thanks, USman :prop:

Doesnt fit right in what way(about the ladder)?

in the way it looks as if the basket is hanging out through the opening.

Ah ok, well I might be able to adjust the VO to fix this, but not sure. That FS doesnt have as much depth as the new FS2 does so I am not sure if it will work or not. Plus the wall behind the FS makes maneuvering tight as it is. If another model were put in its place, it would not be an authentic LA Model truck most likley as I believe LA uses strictly tiller trucks and as I understand it, the tower truck from the mod is not authentic as it is.

mmm mayby replace it with the new upcoming usar rig or the mcu and the new rig in the fs1 :):P

Im open to idea for replacing the tower, but I dont promise anything. I will put up a poll soon with some choices of rigs for FS2. Hey if the tower larders not authentic then it cant hurt to throw something else non authentic in its place right? :P Plus The red USFS may be kept in the mod as a spare engine, BUT I have a authentic based LAFD Engine to replace it with, and no its not another pierce since FS1 comes with 2 ALS Pierce trucks and 2 BLS Pierce truck, not to mentioned a Pierce USAR.

How about you change it to a LASD car because they provide security to the hospitals in LA county.

Done, and in regards to the ladder, pretty sure I cant make it fit, so theres 2 options I am exploring atm, and trying to come up with a third. I'll reveal more details soon but for now the options I am looking at are a Quint or Rescue Pumper from local departments. If the tower is not authentic then I suppose putting something else non LA in its place wont hurt.

Ok added a poll to see which unit you would prefer in FS2 if the Tower Ladder has to be replaced.

Rescue 5

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8116/rescue51348718.jpg

Quint 9

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1015/quint9ds1417697.jpg

Do note I am not promising to make it actually function as a Quint, but I am going to try. Also keep in mind Rescue 5 already has a model done and ready to go. It just has to be UV Mapped.

by chance have you tried to add the station 3 like in the editor file instead of just another station 2 building?

I dont really know what your saying so i will respond in a few ways.

1. This fire station is in game and working for the most part. This is not an editor screen shot.

2. The model for FS2 in LA Mod 2.0 is to big to fit in the area.

So what exactly is it you are looking for?

Yeah I ment the model with the building on each end of the station....It looked good and I have tried to add it as a 3 station on the woods large freeplay map down in the industrial park area and also the area just north but the ground wasnt level and the doors were messed up trying to add them in but seems like the only thing that will work is the small FS2 to the south middle.

I would say if you can't make the quint functional, then just either put the rescue in or leave the current ladder. We're already used to a ladder in that spot and the current ladder is free of bugs

Well by functional, I simply meant hose connections. Ladder would still function regardless.

As for leaving the current ladder, well the bucket may hand out of the garage. Doenst really bother me personally, but it was pointed out. The tower in game is based on a much bigger ladder truck. Its based on a 100 foot ladder while 9s is based on a 77 foot ladder. Due to the added weight from the 100 foot ladder the tower uses a dual rear axle while 9s is a single rear axle, so the shorter base will make it slightly more maneuverable in game, real life not with standing as well. Just something to think about.

Also, the model for Rescue 5 is already done, just needs a UV Map where I have no model for 9s yet. If I have some one make a model for 9s it will go in game regardless of it functioning as a ladder or a quint. The quint would simply be a bonus.

Well by functional, I simply meant hose connections. Ladder would still function regardless.

As for leaving the current ladder, well the bucket may hand out of the garage. Doenst really bother me personally, but it was pointed out. The tower in game is based on a much bigger ladder truck. Its based on a 100 foot ladder while 9s is based on a 77 foot ladder. Due to the added weight from the 100 foot ladder the tower uses a dual rear axle while 9s is a single rear axle, so the shorter base will make it slightly more maneuverable in game, real life not with standing as well. Just something to think about.

Also, the model for Rescue 5 is already done, just needs a UV Map where I have no model for 9s yet. If I have some one make a model for 9s it will go in game regardless of it functioning as a ladder or a quint. The quint would simply be a bonus.

Hmm, i see your points.

Another option is to make it optional (like the ambulance scripts for your other submod)

Looking forward to it! -checks time.-

Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? IS IT READY YET!

On a more mature note... Why not use the P sections for the crane truck thing? Seems kind of weird that he'd back up against the wall in that large thing. Consider parking the things that are too big for spaces in the 'parking' area?

Hmm, i see your points.

Another option is to make it optional (like the ambulance scripts for your other submod)

Now that would be easily done seeing as they will be different prototypes. I wasnt trying to bribe you one way or the other :P Just throwing out some food for thought.

Looking forward to it! -checks time.-

Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? IS IT READY YET!

On a more mature note... Why not use the P sections for the crane truck thing? Seems kind of weird that he'd back up against the wall in that large thing. Consider parking the things that are too big for spaces in the 'parking' area?

hehe things havent progressed quite as quick as possible. I found some one capable of doing models in zmod, and they(in other words Eggcarton - thank you) got the model done but it needed some touch ups. Then it has to be reskined and such to replace E17(Red USFS Truck). Then I found USMan who can do sketch up models, but I have trouble in the import export department. I need to have some slight model/uv mapping done to get the USAR truck up to date. I also have 2 other fire units pending updates.

So long story short I feel my scripting is improving alot as I go, but I am a code junkie. I cant model. So the biggest thing holding back this project is some one who can do converting between skp to v3o, and vice versa. Plus some one who can UV Map. So in the mean time I am working on extra scripting. I decided to add a Call Bomb Squad command, which is based on the script from the SG Submod, but I also want to take it a step further. The script from the SG Submod relies on the unit being on the map already, which is easy enough to link in to spawning and staffing the truck when the game starts, but I want to expand it like I said. Also going to update things a bit so LAAP Police call an LAAP unit for back up if no other patrol cars of any type are on the map. And being able to call unmarked patrol cars as well. If I recall correctly in the other submod, the would respond when on patrol, but not at the station.

Any modelers and UV Mappers who enjoyed the first submod and would like to help out, please contact me. And by UV Mappers I dont mean reskinners, I mean people with actual UV Mapping ability.