Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 4x4 w00ds Map v1 Submod Preview

Yes it is. ALS Ambulance has been reskineed to match ALS RA 88. Most of the skin was from the LED Submod. ALS and BLS Ambulances have random staffing. For ALS Ambulances you will receive either one of the following:

Normal FF/PM and FF/PM No Helmet

Normal FF/PM and FF/PM Blue Work shirt/pants

FF/PM in work shirt/pants and FF/PM with out helmet

Apply the same thing to the BLS Ambulance, but it will be EMTs instead of PMs.

Xplorer, i have to say im very impressed with your work on this mod! keep up the good work! i have two questions if you dont mind answering, if you could rate your progress by %s how far do you think you are and were you able to make Quint 9 a functional quint?

How about you just turn the tiller into a LACoFD quint instead of creating a completely new and extremely unrealistic (for LA) quint?

You don't HAVE to have a ladder vehicle at FS2 you know. How about you put the heavy rescue there instead of vehicles that belong thousands of miles away.

Looks good explorer...love the job ur doing but by chance are you going to make a submod for the map Im playing on were there's the river between both sides of the map and station 2 is at the top right corner next to the power plant?

There are two maps with a river down the middle

This map:

and this map:

I do plan to use the second, one but will likley require alot of texture work for the hospital and fire station(s).

Xplorer, i have to say im very impressed with your work on this mod! keep up the good work! i have two questions if you dont mind answering, if you could rate your progress by %s how far do you think you are and were you able to make Quint 9 a functional quint?

Progress, I would say about 90% give or take a little. I still need a modeler. Scripting is 95% done. As for the quint, I have meant to test this on the Tower Ladder, but forgotten so I cant really answer. Besides that 9s isnt even done yet.

How about you just turn the tiller into a LACoFD quint instead of creating a completely new and extremely unrealistic (for LA) quint?

You don't HAVE to have a ladder vehicle at FS2 you know. How about you put the heavy rescue there instead of vehicles that belong thousands of miles away.

No offense, but the tower ladder itself is realistic, so was the original motor boat carrier. The LaCoFD HES is a bit out of place to. Not to mention the fact that criminals are taken to LAPD Station by default, not an LASD Jail. Face it the LA Mod will never be 100% realistic, and I never claimed this submod to be or I wouldnt have added the Large Rescue ambulance, for example, which was never utilized in LA beyond a prototype or two for testing. I'd like to keep a light force, or something with water capabilities, in FS2 and throw in a touch of home while I am at it. If you dont like the ideas of 9s being in FS2, your welcome to replace it with a heavy rescue yourself. I am pretty confident you know how to. I will never be able to please everyone 100%, but your more then welcome to change things as you see fit.

No offense, but the tower ladder itself is [un]realistic, so was the original motor boat carrier.

That's why they both were replaced.

The LaCoFD HES is a bit out of place to.

And that's why it responds from off map with only two paramedics.

Not to mention the fact that criminals are taken to LAPD Station by default, not an LASD Jail.

Well of course they're going to be taken to an LAPD station. Do you know of any departments that take arrested criminals directly to the county lockup? I certainly don't.

Face it the LA Mod will never be 100% realistic, and I never claimed this submod to be or I wouldnt have added the Large Rescue ambulance, for example, which was never utilized in LA beyond a prototype or two for testing. I'd like to keep a light force, or something with water capabilities, in FS2 and throw in a touch of home while I am at it. If you dont like the ideas of 9s being in FS2, your welcome to replace it with a heavy rescue yourself. I am pretty confident you know how to. I will never be able to please everyone 100%, but your more then welcome to change things as you see fit.

I understand that the mod may not be 100% realistic, but at least you could make some sort of attempt instead of loading up each fire station with a ton of units and fictional vehicles.

And that's why it responds from off map with only two paramedics.

Your the expert here but considering the mod is based on LAFD, isnt it unrealistic to have an HES period? Not that I mind it but just saying.
Well of course they're going to be taken to an LAPD station. Do you know of any departments that take arrested criminals directly to the county lockup? I certainly don't.

Can't really say. Personally I always thought you went directly to jail. Never heard of some one taken to a police station then taken to lock up. None the less, granted I added this in this submod and the last, but compared to he stock LA Mod, LAAP and LASD would go to there office, not LAPDs office.

I understand that the mod may not be 100% realistic, but at least you could make some sort of attempt instead of loading up each fire station with a ton of units and fictional vehicles.

Where do I even start on this? Seriously after all the changes you know I did to make things more realistic. Let's see there is a new realistic engine going in FS2 to match the newly painted and numbered BLS RA. This was done after you pointed out the original BLS Ambulance was out of date. The LED Brush was replaced with the original brush truck for reality sake. The Battalion Chief at FS1 is replaced with Division 3 for reality sake. A new model was created to place in FS2 for reality sake. It will replace E51 as you know. Ambulance sirens updated to be more realistic. Ambulance staffing updated to be more realistic. Crash Tender was slightly reskined to match the real life paint job that I guess was updated since the LA Mod release. The ALS RA was updated to an LED Model and the skin slightly updated. RA 51/LAX Ambulance updated to reflect newer real life unit. USAR skin and model updated to reflect a newer model USAR. The list goes on as there is more that no one else knows about atm. I think this should more then compensate for 2 fictional vehicles, well 3 if you count the tower ladder but I never made that to begin with.

... but at least you could make some sort of attempt instead of loading up each fire station with a ton of units and fictional vehicles.

arguecat.png?1266810790

Ok, seriously, real or not, this is Xpolorer's submod. So, in all fairness, HE can do whatever HE wants to with HIS submod. If he wants to make a 7265 ft long ufo that insta-kills fire with a cannon that shoots a combination of water and overweight marmosets then so be it (I hope you were writing that down Xplorer ;)). The submod police aren't going to break down his door with a cease-and-desist demand.

Not trying to play forum police here, or get anyone riled up, but this is a place for creativity. Let him do what he wants (and you know Xplorer, he'll do what he wants anyway)

So how about we take a step back and go back to giving Xplorer constructive comments on his work.

If he wants to make a 7265 ft long ufo that insta-kills fire with a cannon that shoots a combination of water and overweight marmosets then so be it (I hope you were writing that down Xplorer ;)).

So how about we take a step back and go back to giving Xplorer constructive comments on his work.

lol I will see if I can squeeze that in! :P While this may look like a rant, it is not directed at any one and is simply for informational purposes.

Honestly I could understand the comment if it were not coming from Billy. Not that I am mad at the guy, but I have been in very close contact with billy for this project to obtain information regarding LAFD and he is more in the loop then possibly any one else in regards to the project. For reality sake, I decided to base FS1 around real life station 88. So this mean the ALS Ambulance got changed over to the LED Model, and renumbered to be RA 88. Other then having 3 RAs this is pretty realistic. Moving down the line, the USAR in the mod was, 85 I believe. Doesnt matter. This is not the USAR rig currently in use at 88s. So I updated it, using a reskin of the hazmat to be more authentic. It's not perfect but the only major detail it lacks is a place for a dual rear axle rather then single. So now we have RA 88 and USAR 88. The tiller is pretty close to Truck 88 as is. The only difference between the real life tiller used as a base for the mod, and the tiller known as Truck 88, is about 6 feet of ladder. Reskin it to 88 and its good to go. Now we are on to the BLS Engine. Engine 288 was originally a Pierce, however now, there using a 1984 Seagrave as 288 so unless some one models a 84 Seagrave, the BLS Engine will stay as is. So thats 1 unrealistic unit in the station out of 3, and it isnt unrealistic so much as out of date. Then on to bay 5. IRL, Engine 88 is a 2003 Pierce Arrow like that in the game already. The skins not 100% accurate but close enough. 4/5 aint bad imo, disregarding the extra ALS RAs, and 2 extra engines.

Outside of FS1, we have the Division Chief, which belongs there as it does IRL. SWR 88 which does trully belong there. Heavy Rescue (Crane) should be at station 56. So theres one. and the EMS Supervisor and Large Rescue Ambulance shouldnt be there. However, the LRA was at one time a real life unit. LAFD used a very similar ambulance during there testing phase of deciding if they should use a medium weight chassis or heavy duty chassis ambulance.

However, if you keep in mind IRL, 88s has a bunch of Heavy Rescue Equipment like a Dozer team that serves no use in freeplay. 3 to be exact. Plus support units for the dozer team and a tonf o the reserve fleet is stored here. So IRL 88s is quite a versatile station I will leave it up to the people to form there opinion on how far fetched the set up is, but don;t expect to change regardless.

Also in regards to FS2, lets just say when its done, the only thing that doesnt belong there would be the BC and the Tower.

I do... Mine.

Any arrestee is taken directly to lockup/jail. I believe Clark County (Vegas) does the same.

There are two maps with a river down the middle

This map:

and this map:

I do plan to use the second, one but will likley require alot of texture work for the hospital and fire station(s).

YEP I use the first one and wouldn't that be the easier one to use and add a 3rd station in like I am asking to be done on my post....Its a Very Large map and fun to use and play on I believe really.... But Either way I cant wait to see the final project and wish I could help ya.....

Maps arent really a factor in how easy or hard it is to add a third station. If you want it fully functional its the scripting thats hard. Really hard because it affects the other fire scripts as well. ATM, I dont have plans to add a third fire station to the remaining maps because they do not have an air port going of memory. Thats not to say I wont be adding one, but it all depends. On this map I placed several VOs to help control units taking wrong turns and getting stuck. I also placed the strip mall in place of a few buildings to eliminate units cutting across the plaza area. Point is, I dont know anything for sure until I can get in and play these maps myself as it has been a long time.

Progress report:

Right now I am in the process of finishing up the scripting but theres a few things I am stuck on so I am waiting on a certain anonymous member here who is assisting with scripting. Scripting is roughly 95% done.

Modeling - 80% would be my best guess. Waiting for two models to come back to me from uv-mapping. Then one needs to be reskined completely and one needs a skin touch up. Waiting on one model to be touched up. I have some one modeling Quint 9, and waiting to see how that turns out.

Map - About 95% complete. Need to work on a few trouble spots for traffic.

wow a quint :D i hoped that someone made a quint modell. love these cars allthough i don't understand why american fire companys use these cars because they aren't allrounders like the german ones.they are devided in different companys so actual they don't need all the equiptment on one truck.

anyway BTT

i like your submod but can you make the quint also downloadable separate?

i think it's very usefull because most people want to use it with there adjustment.

greetings unknown654

wow a quint :D i hoped that someone made a quint modell. love these cars allthough i don't understand why american fire companys use these cars because they aren't allrounders like the german ones.they are devided in different companys so actual they don't need all the equiptment on one truck.

anyway BTT

i like your submod but can you make the quint also downloadable separate?

i think it's very usefull because most people want to use it with there adjustment.

greetings unknown654

Not sure what you mean by there not "allrunders like the germans" but EFD uses them because it helps them meet safety regulations. The vast majority of stations here are a single engine house, and they do not have the money to do otherwise. So unlike LA where they have a single house, in a lot of instances that make up a task force(1 Truck/Tiller,2 BLS Engines), we have quints positioned through out the city to where for most structure fires, you have 2 engines and 2 quints on scene. However we do have a Tower ladder that gets little use, and have 2 fully functioning houses downtown to make up for the lack of quints on the west side. Both stations house an Engine, Ladder, Rescue, and a specialty crew of either hazmat, or dive rescue. So with our resources spread that then, and major extrication tools coming from down town(9s has extrication tools as well but its a combi tool which I hear dont usually match up to a good set of dedicated cutter or spreaders.) It make since to use them here to meet set standards of fire protection.

The quint will not be a separate download, and I dont know if I can even make a fully functional quint or not yet.

Decided to do some yard work at FS1. :)

em4deluxe20100727203202.jpg

The information was local only, aside from the part about LA. LA for example has over 100 front line rigs I believe. On the other hand, my city has about 30 or so, and that includes reserve rigs as we only have about 6 reserve rigs total. 2 of which are quints.

Yeah, they're real strict on brush clearance in the LA area.

Oh god, of all the things...seriously..just wow. I understand your desire from realism, but seriously, come on. Of all the things your worried about you bring up brush clearance laws? For the sake of your point, assuming this was real life, this would not detract from visibility anymore then the landscaping that was originally there.

Anyways I had a few reasons for doing it like this.

1)I wanted to force units to use the drive way to move to the rear of the FS.

2)I could have used a VO to accomplish point 1, but wouldnt quite look right and if

3)The SWR and Heavy Rescue were parked there, it would look odd to see them parked there with out some sort of barrier.

Yeah, they're real strict on brush clearance in the LA area.

rotfl :-)

for crying out loud ..... so than take your guys and let them have a go with some brush tools to clear area ....this way they are kept busy between emergency runs ;-) and get more used to the tools on hand :-)

Now thats not a bad idea. Although I am not 100% sure that anything will looks perfect there but I can check through the building and see whats what.

And btw, small alteration to the tow trucks. Instead of being forced to shoot a car before the tow truck can pick it up, you can just pick it up and tow it. No questions asked.